Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

If the fans have anything to say about it, then Sam would bolt out of the SLC if Texas Suffrin' moved into the conference. Strength of schedule has been a killer for SHSU as well as the other playoff qualifiers for years since Lamar, ACU, IWU, and HBU joined. Last year was the first season where those schools weren't the cellar dwellers of the conference. The SLC is on the upswing with football competition from top to bottom, but too many shakeups could put it back to being the laughing stock of the FCS.
    Agreed. The Southland has told anyone who has inquired including Tarleton and Texas Southern there are no plans to expand at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post

There is a PVAMU fan on the FCS board that echos Gymrats' statement that the TAMU System wants better athletic presence for its system. UT System has Austin, Arlington, SA, UTEP all in D1 FBS Conferences while TAMU just has College Station. PV and Corpus are the other D1 schools but could some of the others move up and draw attention to the system.

He even goes so far as to say PV is poised to have a stadium expansion north of 30,000 in preparation for a move to FBS.

Maybe a change is coming

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Agreed. The Southland has told anyone who has inquired including Tarleton and Texas Southern there are no plans to expand at this time.
        What about plans to contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

What about plans to contract?

Comment

• WAC going thru many changes. Grand Canyon U is rolling in money campus has greatly expanded , great bb facility and talk of adding football. They play some big boys in d1 bb during the non conference sch and have an ex nba star coaching the team. Every home game is a sell out.

Comment

• Comment

• Not sure if it will be an expansion more than it is and demo of the berm and completely update the entire east side.

i was always told that the field house was built to have an additional story added on top.

Comment

• TSU moving to Division 1 is part of the decline of regional football conferences nation wide particularly in D2 and much larger conference footprints on all levels. It is regrettable because of the loss of long time rivalries and exorbitant travel costs that come with some conference membership. Ask ACU about the true cost of travel for all sports. The Southland has been around for almost 60 years and has survived many membership changes. I doubt the SLC is going to implode but it will continue to change. What I do know is that the TSU move is preemptive and smart. Who knows what the conference landscape is going to look like in a few years on all levels and they do not know exactly where they are going football wise, but they know they have to go. Wisdomgymrat knows something, TSU and ACU may be bound together by geographic necessities.

Comment

• Lonn Reisman comments to Empire Tribune https://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/s...what-to-expect

Comment

• Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
                      Lonn Reisman comments to Empire Tribune https://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/s...what-to-expect
                      Strange. The newspaper and Lonn read like the WAC is a done deal, yet the presser and other comments have been... we have an invite but we dont know if we'll take it yet
                      Tarleton State Texan
                      Texas State Bobcat

Comment

• He sounds very vague in all his answers. Not straight at all. I dislike that immensely.

Tarleton should have company REAL soon. No doubt WT is the next to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          He sounds very vague in all his answers. Not straight at all. I dislike that immensely.

Last edited by Techster88; 10-03-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Chicago State and UM - Kansas City don't know what to do with all of the national PR they've gotten as WAC members!

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              He sounds very vague in all his answers. Not straight at all. I dislike that immensely.

Reisman is one of the best politicians ever and he doesn't get enough credit for it.

Comment

• Something is afoot I hope. I was looking at past histories of conference alignment for LSC schools like WT. Border Conference and Missouri Valley. ACU was Southland twice and an Independent for 7 years from late 50's till they joined Southland in the mid 60"s. Never knew that. Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona, Southern Utah (which has a recent history of playing Texas FCS schools) and others as FCS football conference with a western slant makes sense. NMSU would go FCS if legislature in Santa Fe dictates they play UNM every year despite affiliation. Basketball is a problem though. The ACU poster may know something because ACU has played Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and has a series coming up with Southern Utah. The difference in time zones is a killer though. Number one complaint of TCU in the Mountain West.
                                I love the LSC and it's history but you do not need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. SLC schools have much more national name ID by the way. That doesn't mean you need to join them but SFA barley losing to Notre Dame in sweet 16, Nichols beating Big 12 schools, just to name a few. Come on man.
                                Tarleton beating SFA, not a national story even though they can compete right now in SLC. You don't want to go to Thibodaux La. if you can help it except to eat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X