• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Can i get one?
    ? I'm also interested

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Ha!! I was talking football. More people across the country will actually know Tarleton exists.
      You're either BCS or you aren't. If no one has heard of Tarleton it's not because of the division they're in but because they haven't accomplished a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You're either BCS or you aren't. If no one has heard of Tarleton it's not because of the division they're in but because they haven't accomplished a lot.
        Exactly. I'll bet most people haven't heard of NWMSU, Grand Valley, Valdosta, etc even with their success in D2 Football. Heck, there's people from Louisiana that have never heard of their FCS schools (Nicholls St, McNeese St). All they know is Geaux Tigers.

Comment

• Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

Exactly. I'll bet most people haven't heard of NWMSU, Grand Valley, Valdosta, etc even with their success in D2 Football. Heck, there's people from Louisiana that have never heard of their FCS schools (Nicholls St, McNeese St). All they know is Geaux Tigers.
          Now don't go comparing the rest of the country to Louisiana, that's just rude for the rest of the country!

Comment

• Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

The same could be said about most of the FCS conferences. Unless one has an affiliation to the schools, the average college football fan (much less the country) couldn't name 3 schools from the FCS conferences without looking them up. Seriously, without looking them up, who could name 3 schools from the following:

Big Sky Conference
            Colonial Athletic Conference
            Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
            Missouri Valley Conference
            Northeast Conference
            Ohio Valley Conference
            Patriot League
            Pioneer League
            Southern Conference
            SWAC
            Teams? H3ll I can name 3 FCS conferences! LMFAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Brandon's well-timed wisdom in this thread is a breath of fresh air.

All of the TSU fans should be banging on Glasgow's door about now trying to get him to re-allow A&M to call Tarleton "Texas A&M - Stephenville" ....

Comment

• Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                Now don't go comparing the rest of the country to Louisiana, that's just rude for the rest of the country!
                At least they have Cajun food.

Comment

• Trinity actually tied for the SLC Football Championship in 1971 with Louisiana Tech. Buffdad is a genius.

Comment

• At least now all the GNAC schools can breathe a sigh of relief that Tarleton is leaving and they won't be exposed to one of those beat downs that AP took last year with the new conference scheduling.

Comment

• [QUOTE=gruesome;All of the TSU fans should be banging on Glasgow's door about now trying to get him to re-allow A&M to call Tarleton "Texas A&M - Stephenville" .... [/QUOTE]

Hell Nah !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

The WAC still has memories of being a quality basketball conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

All of the TSU fans should be banging on Glasgow's door about now trying to get him to re-allow A&M to call Tarleton "Texas A&M - Stephenville" ....

Comment

• Is their a Buc-ees near Huntsville ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

My understanding is they are NOT able to get rid of the Tarleton name. They would have already done it if they could.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

My understanding is they are NOT able to get rid of the Tarleton name. They would have already done it if they could.
                                I know that this is NOT the man that the school is named for- but every time I hear the name I think of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banastre_Tarleton

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X