Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

My understanding is they are NOT able to get rid of the Tarleton name. They would have already done it if they could.
    May have something to do with the name being the same in 1917 when they became part of the A&M system. Guess a 100 plus years later no reason to change.

Most famous Aggie is also the most famous Tarleton grad Gen Earl Rudder. Back when Tarleton looked more like a military outpost than a University.

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabcoach View Post

Is their a Buc-ees near Huntsville ?
      No Bucees, but Huntsville does have one best-extended stay Crossbar Hotels in the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

My understanding is they are NOT able to get rid of the Tarleton name. They would have already done it if they could.
        Last edited by gruesome; 10-04-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• See above.

Funny thing.. The same happened in Huntsville to keep Sam Houston in the name of the University. Not sure about the "Sam Houston Station" part, but I doubt either the TSU or TAMU systems would want to change either institution's name at this point anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

No Bucees, but Huntsville does have one best-extended stay Crossbar Hotels in the state.
            Brilliant!

Comment

Hell Nah !!!
              More for national recognition than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

More for national recognition than anything.
                National recognition comes from winning..being successful and doing things the correct way. If Tarleton State University continues to do that in the years to come, then I expect that this University will be recognized on a national level. No name change needed...

Comment

National recognition comes from winning..being successful and doing things the correct way. If Tarleton State University continues to do that in the years to come, then I expect that this University will be recognized on a national level. No name change needed...
                  True. I was being sarcastic with the whole name change thing: TAMU - Stephenville vs. Tarleton State.. No one gives any more national recognition than another. Your point validates what I've been saying. D1 vs. D2 doesn't matter nearly as much as winning national championships.

I know the rider was passed in the Texas Legislature to keep the name decades ago by Glasgow.

Comment

Normally, I would agree...but in this case I disagree.....since 2011 NDSU has won 7 National Championships, 5 in a row, missed 2016, then won the past two. However, when I talk to majority of people, they: (1) Have NO CLUE who won the D1 FCS Championship; (2) NEVER HEARD of NDSU........AND, I live in Collin County where the FCS NC game is played!

NDSU DID get some National recognition but ONLY because Carson Wentz was drafted #2 overall.....that was the first time most people even heard of the university.

I remember when my son went on his official visit to NDSU, I had never heard of them. He was offered a full (except for books) but said it was to d@mn cold....LOL. He went in December after his State Championship game. My son DESPISES the cold above all else. Hind-sight is 20/20, but had he accepted the offer: (1) He would have been the deep threat for Wentz; (2) He would have won at least 3 NC's.

Comment

• To be real......a year or two after....most people don't remember who won the D1 FBS NC or even the Super Bowl. 70707

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                        To be real......a year or two after....most people don't remember who won the D1 FBS NC or even the Super Bowl. 70707
                        I have to make educated guesses every year when the Nattys and Super Bowl roll around.. Mount Union, D2???, NDSU, Alabama, and New England are always my year-to-year guesses when trying to remember who won last year!

Comment

I have to make educated guesses every year when the Nattys and Super Bowl roll around.. Mount Union, D2???, NDSU, Alabama, and New England are always my year-to-year guesses when trying to remember who won last year!
                          UMHB has won a couple in the last 3 years. Get used to them, they are building a dynasty there. Great facility built by Drayton McLane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seinfeld View Post

UMHB has won a couple in the last 3 years. Get used to them, they are building a dynasty there. Great facility built by Drayton McLane.
                            Yeah, they would have been my next guess. The won one Natty in the Woodlands a couple of years ago if I remember correctly.

And yes, that has to be the best DIII facility in the country.

Comment

Yeah, they would have been my next guess. The won one Natty in the Woodlands a couple of years ago if I remember correctly.

And yes, that has to be the best DIII facility in the country.
                              Lsc should shoot them an invite to fill Tarletons spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Lsc should shoot them an invite to fill Tarletons spot.
                                Would they even be interested?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X