Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Would they even be interested?
    No idea, but their mens basketball team is really good too.

edit: actually, it looks like they are very successful in most sports, both mens and womens.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Lsc should shoot them an invite to fill Tarletons spot.
      I like that proposition, but going from no athletic scholarships to D2 scholarships, IMO, is a bigger jump than going from D2 to D1. I know UMHB has plenty of cash to do it, but is that what the university wants from an academic standpoint is the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seinfeld View Post

UMHB has won a couple in the last 3 years. Get used to them, they are building a dynasty there. Great facility built by Drayton McLane.
        They have had the former WT offensive coordinator, Stephen Lee, since 2016. He was a scapegoat for Nesbitt's disappointing record.

MHB has had an amazing record in DIII. I went back 10 years and the most losses they had any year was 2.

https://cruathletics.com/coaches.asp...&path=football

https://cruathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=102

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

I like that proposition, but going from no athletic scholarships to D2 scholarships, IMO, is a bigger jump than going from D2 to D1. I know UMHB has plenty of cash to do it, but is that what the university wants from an academic standpoint is the question.
          True. But if they say no then they say no. They seem to have quality up and down athletically though and their location is an ideal fit.

Comment

• Comment

True. But if they say no then they say no. They seem to have quality up and down athletically though and their location is an ideal fit.
              Yes, I agree. They fit the LSC footprint very nicely.

Comment

• That was a fun fact. Thanks, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by gruesome View Post

Yes, going from no athletic scholarships to D2 scholarships can be difficult; but, of the four schools currently reclassifying to D2 three are from D3 and all are public schools. We also have Mississippi College who recently completed reclassifying from D3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Yes, going from no athletic scholarships to D2 scholarships can be difficult; but, of the four schools currently reclassifying to D2 three are from D3 and all are public schools. We also have Mississippi College who recently completed reclassifying from D3.
                    And Mississippi College went 2-14 against UMHB in their years as ASC rivals...

Comment

• Also, is UT Tyler still coming in and will they add football?

Comment

Also, is UT Tyler still coming in and will they add football?
                        You would have to think with Tyler's size that there's tons of growth opportunity for the university and ample opportunity for a football team.

Comment

UT Tyler is now a Lone Star Conference member. There's no word about them adding football.

Comment

• Well this is the big week for possible D1 movement. Since the answer is dependent on the student referendum and the vote starts tomorrow and ends Wednesday at midnight, we should know this week if we are moving up now.

I have changed my opinion on this issue as I am now 100% for moving up and joining the WAC. It is what is best for the university from an academic POV.

Comment

• Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                              Well this is the big week for possible D1 movement. Since the answer is dependent on the student referendum and the vote starts tomorrow and ends Wednesday at midnight, we should know this week if we are moving up now.

I have changed my opinion on this issue as I am now 100% for moving up and joining the WAC. It is what is best for the university from an academic POV.
                              My neighbors son is at Tarleton, he says the vote is a slam dunk.

Comment

I used to live there and had a few friends that went there. Their student body is against adding football for a number of reasons.

I would not count on them to add football any time soon

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X