Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find anything via Google search of even a whispering campaign to start football at St. Mary's, much less a firm commitment. The only thing that comes up with St Marys, football and San Antonio is the St. Mary's Hall Prep school team.

Comment

• I do enjoy the TABC clinic at St. Mary's. When they moved it from the Municipal Auditorium we were all happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
        I can't find anything via Google search of even a whispering campaign to start football at St. Mary's, much less a firm commitment. The only thing that comes up with St Marys, football and San Antonio is the St. Mary's Hall Prep school team.
        I try to keep my ear to the ground for colleges switching conferences or divisions or adding/dropping teams. I've heard and read nothing. If someone knows something concrete please post it for me. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post

Maybe they'll start a team, but I dont see them moving to D1. UTSA was the first team in town to play D1. All sports struggled for attendance, so they added football. They knew FCS would not a lasting model in the city so they tried to emulate UCF as the FBS school for the town. Novelty has started to wear off and performance is struggling so attendance is beginning to taper.

UIW wanted out of the Heartland, saw the LSC as a way to move on but they needed football. As I recall they didn't like our league too much because it was filled with rural state schools scattered around the state. They took UTSA's departure from the Southland to pitch themselves as a viable alternative.

Despite making the playoffs last year (and starting the 2019 campaign at 5-2), they can't average more than 3,000 attendees for their football games.

I just dont see another D1 program in San Antonio being successful, then again they do have a law school and maybe some of the lawyers want football.
          CORRECT. They will be DII LSC

Comment

I can't find anything via Google search of even a whispering campaign to start football at St. Mary's, much less a firm commitment. The only thing that comes up with St Marys, football and San Antonio is the St. Mary's Hall Prep school team.
            Nothing made public yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Nothing made public yet.
              Ok. I know you have super duper secret decoder ring like sources, so i'll go with you!

707??? or it it 5150??? LOL!

Comment

Ok. I know you have super duper secret decoder ring like sources, so i'll go with you!

707??? or it it 5150??? LOL!
                That's "super duper, TOP secret decoder ring". 707. And the 5150 is reserved for folks like Turbo, Jake, and Techster.

Comment

• Its no secret....3 schools are looking to add football in LSC from what I am told. With a 4th considering moving up to DII. Wasn't told which schools yet.

BUT, it is very early in the process. Never know what is going to happen.

I heard St Mary's had a big donor step up, much like UIW did. The info came at a luncheon at UD from an individual with the Dallas Diocese.

Comment

That's "super duper, TOP secret decoder ring". 707. And the 5150 is reserved for folks like Turbo, Jake, and Techster.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post

Maybe they'll start a team, but I dont see them moving to D1. UTSA was the first team in town to play D1. All sports struggled for attendance, so they added football. They knew FCS would not a lasting model in the city so they tried to emulate UCF as the FBS school for the town. Novelty has started to wear off and performance is struggling so attendance is beginning to taper.

UIW wanted out of the Heartland, saw the LSC as a way to move on but they needed football. As I recall they didn't like our league too much because it was filled with rural state schools scattered around the state. They took UTSA's departure from the Southland to pitch themselves as a viable alternative.

Despite making the playoffs last year (and starting the 2019 campaign at 5-2), they can't average more than 3,000 attendees for their football games.

I just dont see another D1 program in San Antonio being successful, then again they do have a law school and maybe some of the lawyers want football.
                      Not saying they will or even should.

Comment

• Congrats. I shall boo you from the common rabble.

Comment

Its no secret....3 schools are looking to add football in LSC from what I am told. With a 4th considering moving up to DII. Wasn't told which schools yet.

BUT, it is very early in the process. Never know what is going to happen.

I heard St Mary's had a big donor step up, much like UIW did. The info came at a luncheon at UD from an individual with the Dallas Diocese.
                          If true i will be very pleased.

I know when Wayland restarted their football program it was with the intention of wanting to move up to D2 eventually.

11 schools would be great, 1 ooc game a piece would be great, although i would rather we go to a system where we can get at least 3 per year like the old days of north south except this time i recon it would be more east west.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Yes Sir....that's an HONOR.....don't screw it up!!! Wear with PRIDE! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Congrats. I shall boo you from the common rabble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

If true i will be very pleased.

I know when Wayland restarted their football program it was with the intention of wanting to move up to D2 eventually.

11 schools would be great, 1 ooc game a piece would be great, although i would rather we go to a system where we can get at least 3 per year like the old days of north south except this time i recon it would be more east west.
                                I too enjoyed the two divisions.

However, gotta be careful it doesn't become too tough of a conference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X