Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Its no secret....3 schools are looking to add football in LSC from what I am told. With a 4th considering moving up to DII. Wasn't told which schools yet.

BUT, it is very early in the process. Never know what is going to happen.

I heard St Mary's had a big donor step up, much like UIW did. The info came at a luncheon at UD from an individual with the Dallas Diocese.
    Also I take it these are probably private schools?

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Dont know. Of course St Mary's is and I think the D3 is....but thats a guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Dont know. Of course St Mary's is and I think the D3 is....but thats a guess.
        Now that UT Tyler has moved up, only two of the D2 schools in Texas are public: Sul Ross State, which has football, and UT Dallas, which doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Now that UT Tyler has moved up, only two of the D2 schools in Texas are public: Sul Ross State, which has football, and UT Dallas, which doesn't.
          https://utdmercury.com/utd-considers-dii-move/

Comment

Interesting. Private schools are at a huge recruiting disadvantage in D2 where all but a handful of players receive partial scholarships. With tuition at private schools running double or triple that of public universities, players at private schools have to come up with a lot more money to cover the gap between what their scholarship pays and the cost of attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by catatonic View Post

Interesting. Private schools are at a huge recruiting disadvantage in D2 where all but a handful of players receive partial scholarships. With tuition at private schools running double or triple that of public universities, players at private schools have to come up with a lot more money to cover the gap between what their scholarship pays and the cost of attendance.
              Last edited by Herb Street; 10-23-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• The article I shared had comments about how st mary would like to be d1 but they have to go through d2 first.

Comment

The article I shared had comments about how st mary would like to be d1 but they have to go through d2 first.

you mean UT Dallas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

you mean UT Dallas?
                    yes sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                      private schools easily recruit good athletes due to the perceived value of a degree from said school.
                      +1

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X