X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wisdomgymrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Just seems odd to me. Then again so did Tarleton to the WAC but here we are.
    Conference doesn't need them... Tarleton secures a market player in the Metroplex.... Abilene is, well, Abilene.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

Just going off of a conversation and what I remember. ACU might have been mentioned as well.

As as far as the comment about NMSU... they want to drop down.
    Just seems odd to me. Then again so did Tarleton to the WAC but here we are.

Leave a comment:

• wisdomgymrat
    replied
    Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Why would Sam Houston and SFA join? Why not look at ACU and another D2 call up?
    Just going off of a conversation and what I remember. ACU might have been mentioned as well.

As as far as the comment about NMSU... they want to drop down.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
    I hope WT really thought this through. WT is geographically isolated and if more schools from the LSC leave then that leaves WT and the few schools left in a bad position as far as football is concerned. I think WT and ENMU could join the RMAC but the scheduling alliance with the GNAC for the LSC is almost a necessity now.
    WT ENMU and WesternNM, probably along with UTPB

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    I'm going the opposite way since WT said no. Our closest school would be UTRGV.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    I told you so...

Southland is going away.... WT will receive an invite so will Sam Houston, SFA, UTRGV, Northern Colorado, New Mexico State.
    Why would Sam Houston and SFA join? Why not look at ACU and another D2 call up?

Leave a comment:

• BuffTough
    replied
    I hope WT really thought this through. WT is geographically isolated and if more schools from the LSC leave then that leaves WT and the few schools left in a bad position as far as football is concerned. I think WT and ENMU could join the RMAC but the scheduling alliance with the GNAC for the LSC is almost a necessity now.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Ryan Reynolds

@RPRTalks
    BREAKING: Tarleton State is making the jump to Division I and will join the WAC next season. Tarleton Football will play in the FCS as an independent, per
    @asuradiovoice
    later confirmed by
    @LoneStarConf
    It says confirmed by the LSC. But I haven't seen anything from the school, the LSC, or the WAC yet.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    I told you so...

Southland is going away.... WT will receive an invite so will Sam Houston, SFA, UTRGV, Northern Colorado, New Mexico State.
    NMST is not at all interested in dropping to d1aa football, despite the fact that they should, as should UNM.....

Leave a comment:

• TSUTexan61
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wisdomgymrat
    replied
    Originally posted by ras619 View Post

WT declined any interest.
    For now.... When the BOR and Sharpe want to expand the A&M system footprint, they may get pressure.

Leave a comment:

• ras619
    replied
    I told you so...

WT declined any interest.

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

They are already part of the WAC. Do you mean they are going to start football?
    They've looked into it.

Leave a comment:

• wisdomgymrat
    replied
    That's the rumor.

Leave a comment:

• LSC Fan
    replied
    I told you so...

They are already part of the WAC. Do you mean they are going to start football?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X