Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Playoff Blogs is Up!

I hope everyone enjoys the blog this week.

crazy season.

Joe

Re: LSC Playoff Blogs is Up!

For those interested in the playoff blogs....here you go..

http://www.d2football.com/forum/entry.php?b=2333
    Matt

http://www.d2football.com/forum/entry.php?b=2338
    Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Price View Post
      I hope everyone enjoys the blog this week.

crazy season.

Joe
      Great analysis Joe!

Comment

Does the rain effect Commerce more than other teams? I'm curious why it's always mentioned as what looks like an excuse for them losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
          Does the rain effect Commerce more than other teams? I'm curious why it's always mentioned as what looks like an excuse for them losing.
          If you watched that game, it was quite a mess. You can ask several people about that. I do think rain affects a predominantly passing team more than a running team. More into that, I believe the game was quite winnable by the Lions, as they were also still working on QB issues.

More so than anything, the point was that it was a winnable game and had several games that they barely won and got past. The only game that they were pretty much down right beat on, was the Tarleton game.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Price View Post
            If you watched that game, it was quite a mess. You can ask several people about that. I do think rain affects a predominantly passing team more than a running team. More into that, I believe the game was quite winnable by the Lions, as they were also still working on QB issues.

More so than anything, the point was that it was a winnable game and had several games that they barely won and got past. The only game that they were pretty much down right beat on, was the Tarleton game.
            It was a mess, one that both teams played in. Just one of the only games ever that I've seen every time it's mentioned that they lost its "oh, but it was in the rain." Their passing game has been nothing impressive all year, no matter the weather, and their running game was completely shut down. It may have been winnable but 179 yards of total offense wasn't simply due to the rain. If they haven't drastically improved on offense it could be tough to move the ball up in Duluth.

Comment

It was a mess, one that both teams played in. Just one of the only games ever that I've seen every time it's mentioned that they lost its "oh, but it was in the rain." Their passing game has been nothing impressive all year, no matter the weather, and their running game was completely shut down. It may have been winnable but 179 yards of total offense wasn't simply due to the rain. If they haven't drastically improved on offense it could be tough to move the ball up in Duluth.

Comment

For sure, I'm looking forward to warming up and watching the Commerce game once I get home from Golden. Joe is great, wasn't intending for him to need to defend anything at all. Will miss his blog going forward.

Comment

I think Joe is correct in suggesting the poor weather impacts pass-based squads more than run-based teams....you'll hear any coach speak to that. Of course they both had to play in it..but like in Duluth this wknd, if the weather is rough, it favors UMD as throwing the ball isn't quite as vital to their success.

Comment

Very valid points on all accounts. No defense needed on my side. That game was interesting for Commerce. You are 100% right that their offense has not been as stellar as we have seen. That game was kind of a juncture in my mind because that is when they started making the QB change.

I agree about Pueblo. They have a solid and stellar defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      I think Joe is correct in suggesting the poor weather impacts pass-based squads more than run-based teams....you'll hear any coach speak to that. Of course they both had to play in it..but like in Duluth this wknd, if the weather is rough, it favors UMD as throwing the ball isn't quite as vital to their success.
                      Indeed! Commerce simply isn't that deep shot team this year. A lot of their passes are basically long handoffs. They ran 750 plays on offense this year and 414 were running plays (55%), a good amount more were those long handoffs mentioned. Average per attempted pass at 7.39 yards. Duluth ran 817 plays of which 485 were runs (59%). Average per pass attempt for Duluth of 8.4 yards.

Should be a great playoff football atmosphere from the weather to the physical style of play both teams bring.

Comment

Indeed! Commerce simply isn't that deep shot team this year. A lot of their passes are basically long handoffs. They ran 750 plays on offense this year and 414 were running plays (55%), a good amount more were those long handoffs mentioned. Average per attempted pass at 7.39 yards. Duluth ran 817 plays of which 485 were runs (59%). Average per pass attempt for Duluth of 8.4 yards.

Should be a great playoff football atmosphere from the weather to the physical style of play both teams bring.
                        Agreed. This should be a great game. Personally, I think the wind and rain effects the passing game more than the cold. We shall see what is in store today. I wish I could be in 2 places at once, Duluth and Stephenville...love NCAA Playoff Football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X