Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some of you guys are underestimating what this many miles of travel to Oregon, Colorado and Kingsville puts on you.

Comment

Box score says it all. And 2712 in attendance. We are beyond dumpster fire, crap sandwich, or sewage spill status. Oh and I am not being a Junior High drama student when using that description.

Comment

https://twitter.com/lions_fb/status/...075693569?s=21

Bettter days ahead Texas A&I....keep grinding

Comment

I know our LB (Tutt) was ejected in the 4th Qtr for fighting. Does this mean he has to sit out for the 1st half of this week's game? I also thought a Commerce player was ejected (QB) but the boxscore doesn't show that to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
            I know our LB (Tutt) was ejected in the 4th Qtr for fighting. Does this mean he has to sit out for the 1st half of this week's game? I also thought a Commerce player was ejected (QB) but the boxscore doesn't show that to be the case.
            He was the only player ejected. There were personal fouls thrown on both teams that offset but I believe only the tamk player was ejected

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

He was the only player ejected. There were personal fouls thrown on both teams that offset but I believe only the tamk player was ejected
              Will he have to sit out the first half of this week's game? I know they do that if ejected for targeting, but don't know if that applies to all ejections.

Comment

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that if you were ejected for a non-targeting call that you sat out the next game. Don't know where I heard/read that so take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                  I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that if you were ejected for a non-targeting call that you sat out the next game. Don't know where I heard/read that so take that with a grain of salt.
                  https://www.ruletool.info/ncaa-rule-...o-the-rules/5/

Comment

Never thought I'd see the day when a Javelina game would draw such a low number. Is it possible they are under counting? I've only seen the games on line and the crowd shots are somewhat limited. Even if it's a ballpark figure, it's shouldn't be acceptable .

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderinghog View Post
                      Never thought I'd see the day when a Javelina game would draw such a low number. Is it possible they are under counting? I've only seen the games on line and the crowd shots are somewhat limited. Even if it's a ballpark figure, it's shouldn't be acceptable .
                      I doubt they're under counting. I'm going to the game this weekend so I'll try and give an assessment of the crowd size. I know the last couple of years, the east side bleachers have been VERY sparse. You could probably count them pretty easy from west side. There were always more fans on the west side (student side), but even that number has dwindled down significantly. Even the tailgating has dropped off quite a bit.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

That was where I really noticed it compared to prior years, the tailgating was way down

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

I doubt they're under counting. I'm going to the game this weekend so I'll try and give an assessment of the crowd size. I know the last couple of years, the east side bleachers have been VERY sparse. You could probably count them pretty easy from west side. There were always more fans on the west side (student side), but even that number has dwindled down significantly. Even the tailgating has dropped off quite a bit.

GO HOGS!!!
                          Please report back. My fellow Javelina fans who live closer to Kingsville than I really haven't been going to the games lately and not because they are fair weather fans. They just can't stomach the current situation. It would make sick at my stomach as well just knowing the way things were back in the day and what is going on now. Kind of like comparing the Detroit of the 1950's to the Detroit of the 2000's, albeit Detroit is kind of making a comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderinghog View Post

Please report back. My fellow Javelina fans who live closer to Kingsville than I really haven't been going to the games lately and not because they are fair weather fans. They just can't stomach the current situation. It would make sick at my stomach as well just knowing the way things were back in the day and what is going on now. Kind of like comparing the Detroit of the 1950's to the Detroit of the 2000's, albeit Detroit is kind of making a comeback.
                            Betting line for attendance tonight. Under 2000 because we had a unusually strong cold front blow in yesterday and if you went to high school game last night, it felt like December or January out there and we are not used to this so early. Especially since Thursday it was in the mid 90's and has been like that (or much warmer) since May. Gone are the days when fans used to bundle up in layers and see the Hogs in any weather conditions.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X