Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Standings Top Tier Teams

So far with 5 games played (midseason..2 quarters shy)....it looks like Tarleton will easily be back 2 back conference champs.

Now comes the battle for the remaining 3 spots to finish out the TOP TIER teams of the conference. And it's VERY exciting with 4 teams fighting for (1) a play-off spot; (2) the final 3 spots in the TOP TIER.

Preseason, I stated their would be a few surprises....I was talking about Midwestern, Angelo, WT. One would be much improved, one could have a great year because of all the NEW stadium excitement (and possibly coach's hot seat), the other falling.

Now the battle BEGINS!!!!! Who will be #2 and assured a PO spot? Who will finish 3rd, 4th? And who will have that AWFUL, MEDIOCRE 5th place award??

i am VERY EXCITED to see the final half of the season.

Not sure if I am going to Commerce or San Angelo this week. But I better decide QUICKLY.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 10-09-2019, 09:51 PM.

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    So far with 5 games played (midseason..2 quarters shy)....it looks like Tarleton will easily be back 2 back conference champs.

Now comes the battle for the remaining 3 spots to finish out the TOP TIER teams of the conference. And it's VERY exciting with 4 teams fighting for (1) a play-off spot; (2) the final 3 spots in the TOP TIER.

Preseason, I stated their would be a few surprises....I was talking about Midwestern, Angelo, WT. One would be much improved, one could have a great year because of all the NEW stadium excitement (and possibly coach's hot seat), the other falling.

Now the battle BEGINS!!!!! Who will be #2 and assured a PO spot? Who will finish 3rd, 4th? And who will have that AWFUL, MEDIOCRE 5th place award??

Not sure if I am going to Commerce or San Angelo this week. But I better decide QUICKLY.

Comment

Here is my view of the way it will play out as today.

Top 4 teams
      Tarleton - Obviously the clear top team. I don't see a threat left

Angelo State- I feel they are a clear 2nd if they keep playing at this level

TAMC/ENMU - I think they battle it out for 3rd, even though Commerce won head to head

Middle if the road

WT/MSU - I think they may be about even this year

The rest

TAMK
      UTPB
      WNM

A couple weeks ago I thought UTPB was moving on up but then they laid an egg against Western NM so I'm not sure. They could still move to middle of the pack if they beat WT this week for homecoming.

Comment

You did. But you left it cliche and open ended until now. Why not put your predictions out there rather than waiting until 5 games in to unveil them?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

You did. But you left it cliche and open ended until now. Why not put your predictions out there rather than waiting until 5 games in to unveil them?
          Welcome to the board. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

Welcome to the board. ;)

Comment

I know... hence, the winky face.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

I know... hence, the winky face.
                And my smiley face. :)

All good. Hard to convey through text!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Go back and read preseason threads. I DID.

As far as Standings predictions, I haven't done that in the 11 seasons since I followed D2.

i have carried the name nostrapopus for a long while.....and proudly. Hahahaha
                  Last edited by ASUPops; 10-11-2019, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I agree, the second half of the season for WT will tell us a lot (after UTPB). Against Angelo, ENMU, and MSU, more than 1 victory would be great.

Which game did you decide to go to? I will turn it on and look for the guy waving a sign that says LOL, except when it's upside down. 707

Comment

After this week.....I am still seeing Tarleton taking #1 easily.

#2 seems to be leaning towards TAMUC (as I said this may come down to the last game of the season vs Angelo)

3&4 is going to be between Angelo, ENMU, and WT. (and TAMUC if it comes down to the last game vs Angelo)

Comment

After this week.....I am still seeing Tarleton taking #1 easily.

#2 seems to be leaning towards TAMUC (as I said this may come down to the last game of the season vs Angelo)

3&4 is going to be between Angelo, ENMU, and WT. (and TAMUC if it comes down to the last game vs Angelo)

Comment

As of 10.20.19, with 4 games left here are the current standings:

TOP TIER
                          1. TARLETON - 7-0 (5-0 LSC)
                          2. ANGELO - 6-1 (4-1 LSC)
                          3. COMMERCE - 4-2 (3-1 LSC)
                          4. EASTERN - 5-2 (3-2 LSC)

MEDIOCRE SLOT
                          5. West Texas - 5-2 (2-2 LSC)

BOTTOM TIER
                          6. Midwestern - 4-3 (2-3 LSC)
                          7. Western - 1-6 (1-3 LSC)
                          8. Permian - 2-5 (0-4)
                          9. Kingsville - 1-6 (0-4)

Lots of football left!!! Tarleton is the shoe in. Amazing they will have back to back undefeated seasons.

Angelo at #2 controls their own fate. They CAN win out and finish with there only loss to Tarleton. Like I said, THEY CONTROL their fate.

Commerce at #3, a team loaded with talent left over from Carthel. They too can control their own fate. Win out and they are in good shape....lose again and they are done.

Eastern at #4.....think this is where they finish. BUT with two crucial games left, they COULD sneak into #3 if they win out.

West Texas at #5....next game makes it or breaks it. Will they finish in the most dreaded spot in the LSC? That "MEDIOCRE" spot that Angelo held for so long. I actually anticipated WT finishing in Top Tier.

No need to discuss the bottom tier.

Anyone elses thoughts?
                          Last edited by ASUPops; 10-21-2019, 02:04 AM.

Comment

It looks like the last two weeks will determine Angelo St football fate. Might want to watch out for Adams State. It could be a trap game.

Comment

As of 10.20.19, with 4 games left here are the current standings:

TOP TIER
                              1. TARLETON - 7-0 (5-0 LSC)
                              2. ANGELO - 6-1 (4-1 LSC)
                              3. COMMERCE - 4-2 (3-1 LSC)
                              4. EASTERN - 5-2 (3-2 LSC)

MEDIOCRE SLOT
                              5. West Texas - 5-2 (2-2 LSC)

BOTTOM TIER
                              6. Midwestern - 4-3 (2-3 LSC)
                              7. Western - 1-6 (1-3 LSC)
                              8. Permian - 2-5 (0-4)
                              9. Kingsville - 1-6 (0-4)

Lots of football left!!! Tarleton is the shoe in. Amazing they will have back to back undefeated seasons.

Angelo at #2 controls their own fate. They CAN win out and finish with there only loss to Tarleton. Like I said, THEY CONTROL their fate.

Commerce at #3, a team loaded with talent left over from Carthel. They too can control their own fate. Win out and they are in good shape....lose again and they are done.

Eastern at #4.....think this is where they finish. BUT with two crucial games left, they COULD sneak into #3 if they win out.

West Texas at #5....next game makes it or breaks it. Will they finish in the most dreaded spot in the LSC? That "MEDIOCRE" spot that Angelo held for so long. I actually anticipated WT finishing in Top Tier.

No need to discuss the bottom tier.

Anyone elses thoughts?
                              I can't disagree with your assessment really. Without seeing Commerce play, it sounds like they are starting to click. I'd argue they are the favorite to be #2 with the win over ASU and head to head tie breaker.

A lot of football left and several key games the next few weeks.

WT has a chance to beat Eastern and Commerce imo but also could realistically lose them both. Depends on which team shows up, the 1st half ASU or 2nd half ASU. I also figure MSU will be a much better team by the final game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X