• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by javs26 View Post

I believe they are funding only 24
    Is this confirmed?

This is a problem.

Comment

Comment

Sometimes, like last night, we choose to suck in the first half.

Comment

I dont mean to sound disrespectful, but the GNAC must be down this year. I'm not sure if some of the other teams, (APU, CWU) are peaking late, but if the WOU team we saw last night is the best of the GNAC, it is a down year. I really enjoy the inter-conference scheduling even though travelling may be a bit tough for the players but some of the GNAC teams have lost a lot of their former power and this is from someone speaking from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
            I dont mean to sound disrespectful, but the GNAC must be down this year. I'm not sure if some of the other teams, (APU, CWU) are peaking late, but if the WOU team we saw last night is the best of the GNAC, it is a down year. I really enjoy the inter-conference scheduling even though travelling may be a bit tough for the players but some of the GNAC teams have lost a lot of their former power and this is from someone speaking from experience.
            It's down this year. APU fell off a cliff somehow. CWU has had a lot of struggles, especially defensively and at QB. WOU has a 5th year senior QB and an offensive line that's been playing well. And SFU is still playing like SFU sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

It's down this year. APU fell off a cliff somehow. CWU has had a lot of struggles, especially defensively and at QB. WOU has a 5th year senior QB and an offensive line that's been playing well. And SFU is still playing like SFU sadly.
              Did you guys start your backup this week? I thought he was really good, and Roots is exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Did you guys start your backup this week? I thought he was really good, and Roots is exceptional.
                Yeah, Moore started this week. Threw 5 TDs too. Not sure how Raconelli beat him in practice, given his performance the past two weeks. Roots had another 100 yard game, so he's had over 100 yards every game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Yeah, Moore started this week. Threw 5 TDs too. Not sure how Raconelli beat him in practice, given his performance the past two weeks. Roots had another 100 yard game, so he's had over 100 yards every game this year.
                  Wow, looking at the stats, Moore accounted for nearly 500 yards. He needs to be starting every game!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Wow, looking at the stats, Moore accounted for nearly 500 yards. He needs to be starting every game!
                    Probably will be, now. A little too late.

Comment

We will suck more. Like the sun rising in the east and setting in the west, I can almost be certain we will suck more. All it takes is one score from the opponents or something not going right in our opening drive of the second half, and the wheels fall off. If WT doesn't manage to find a way to make this occur, then I will agree with some of the WTAM fans who are getting restless about their coaching situation that it's possible they need a change too.

We are just that bad.

Comment

Hopefully the AD will will be open-minded

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                          Hopefully the AD will will be open-minded
                          Not sure what this means.

IMO, I don't think the AD nor the President have anything on their minds.... At least regarding a plan to make this program even semi respectable. And some of the stuff I've read on other sites kind of backs this up.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Not sure what this means.

IMO, I don't think the AD nor the President have anything on their minds.... At least regarding a plan to make this program even semi respectable. And some of the stuff I've read on other sites kind of backs this up.
                            You have to wonder why. I don't hate any of these coaches or administrators. However, the half-hearted approach to building a serious football contender doesn't work. I still think that the main issue is recruitment. The school should hire talented recruiters who can crunch stats, know what we need, search data from high school and junior college teams around the country and find those football diamonds in the rough.

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post

You have to wonder why. I don't hate any of these coaches or administrators. However, the half-hearted approach to building a serious football contender doesn't work. I still think that the main issue is recruitment. The school should hire talented recruiters who can crunch stats, know what we need, search data from high school and junior college teams around the country and find those football diamonds in the rough.
                              I think the core building block will need to be someone who knows how to recruit Texas the correct way. And this assuming the other issues needing addressed are one of those cards recruiters can use to show potential players we are serious about rebuilding this thing. I don't know if this is the case, but if the limit of schollie monies and facility issues are not the hurdles we think they are, why are we filling up roster spots with players from the non traditional recruiting areas of this state which is primarily San Antonio to the Rio Grande Valley? True, our rosters have always had players from this part of the state. However the two deeps and even starters were not filled with them either. The fact is the better recruiting grounds are north of here and that is where we need to be and this includes the Texas Jucos. I have to say in many cases I've been more disappointed than satisfied with some the Juco's we recruited from California.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X