Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: WT - Head Volleyball Coach Skoch let go

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    From Mick Haley to a woman who has never been a college head coach before. Quite the drop-off.
    I believe the other finalist for the job was Mark Pryor, former Commerce HC, and current HC at U of N Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Thanks for the info.

How long do you think it will take to fix the recruiting issues?
      Not long. Potts should be able to attract talent immediately. I predict WT will be better next year and back on track to competing for the LSC title and being a national ranked team by 2020.

In my earlier post, I neglected to mention the multiple, almost annual, state championships Panhandle teams win with regularity.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        Not long. Potts should be able to attract talent immediately. I predict WT will be better next year and back on track to competing for the LSC title and being a national ranked team by 2020.

In my earlier post, I neglected to mention the multiple, almost annual, state championships Panhandle teams win with regularity.
        With the statewide sentiment you mentioned created by Skoch, you believe Potts can clean that up in two recruiting seasons?

I had no idea the Panhandle dominated Texas when it came to VB. But then again, I only think there are two sports Football & Off-season. OHHHH.....and Curling.

Comment

With the statewide sentiment you mentioned created by Skoch, you believe Potts can clean that up in two recruiting seasons?

I had no idea the Panhandle dominated Texas when it came to VB. But then again, I only think there are two sports Football & Off-season. OHHHH.....and Curling.
          There is a decent nucleus of returning players. If Potts can go out and recruit a couple of STUDS and 6 or 7 more good players, VB will be ascending. It's not like overhauling a FB team. One AA type player, particularly a hitter, can change everything.

Comment

You've got a 5A school up there that's won 10 state titles in the last 20 or so years IIRC. Forget all the rest, you've got a nice pipeline right there.

Comment

The Panhandle turns out about 20 kids a year that go on to play college ball. WT has had several AAs from this area, including NCAA D2 POY Sarah Butler Cartel, a Canyon girl.
              Sarah Butler Carthel was a product of Amarillo High School. She originally played at U of Texas where she was Southwest Conference Newcomer of the Year.

Comment

There is a decent nucleus of returning players. If Potts can go out and recruit a couple of STUDS and 6 or 7 more good players, VB will be ascending. It's not like overhauling a FB team. One AA type player, particularly a hitter, can change everything.
                Gotcha. So I assume Potts must already be known to HS coaches and has a good rep?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                  Sarah Butler Carthel was a product of Amarillo High School. She originally played at U of Texas where she was Southwest Conference Newcomer of the Year.
                  My goodness. Why did she leave UT for WT???

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                    NM

Comment

Why not?

Comment

family issue

Comment

Why not?
                          A major DI for a DII? No knock on WT at all, but come on Chip.

I mean if it were UNT or even maye U of Houston, then I could see it.....but UT.

However, I now understand the reason....and it shows her good character.

Comment

A major DI for a DII? No knock on WT at all, but come on Chip.

I mean if it were UNT or even maye U of Houston, then I could s

However, I now understand the reason....and it shows her good character.
                            If I reminder correctly (I'll try and double check), Butler was 1st team AA for 97, 98,and 99. NCAA POY for 97 and 99. WT won NC in '97 and went 98-12 in her three years at WT. Can you name the '97 D1 VB NC? Same deal.

Comment

If I reminder correctly (I'll try and double check), Butler was 1st team AA for 97, 98,and 99. NCAA POY for 97 and 99. WT won NC in '97 and went 98-12 in her three years at WT. Can you name the '97 D1 VB NC? Same deal.
                              She would also have been NCAA POY for 98 had our SID been 3 minutes faster in sending in the nomination.

Comment

Me????? HAHAHAHAHA.

I can't spell the name of the sport properly, hence VB, let alone tell you anything about it.

But I did look it up (hahaha)....it was Stanford in '97. Since its birth in 1981, Texas won two VB NC. The last in 2012. Looks like Penn State won the most.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X