X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: WT - Head Volleyball Coach Skoch let go

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Me????? HAHAHAHAHA.

I can't spell the name of the sport properly, hence VB, let alone tell you anything about it.

But I did look it up (hahaha)....it was Stanford in '97. Since its birth in 1981, Texas won two VB NC. The last in 2012. Looks like Penn State won the most.
    WT's won 3 D2 VB NC's.

Comment

My goodness. Why did she leave UT for WT???
      If I remember correctly the UT coach was also the Olympic coach at that time.
      She wanted to play for that coach.
      Don't remember how the Olympic team went for Sarah.

Comment

Went to the presser for Kendra this morning.
        Met her husband and talked briefly with Kendra.
        I am more convinced than ever that this will be a perfect fit for her and Wt.
        Her first comment was, "I came here to restore the tradition of Lady Buff VB"
        I believe her. She also said, "If I can't recruit the girls to this campus, that's on me"
        The excitement in the room was tangible. It may not be an overnight turn around,
        however, trust me on this-----"We're back"

Comment

She must have hit the ground running. She's already signed 2 girls, one from Brownwood and one from Oregon.

I have to agree. I think things are looking UP!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
            She must have hit the ground running. She's already signed 2 girls, one from Brownwood and one from Oregon.

I have to agree. I think things are looking UP!
            From what I hear the girl from Oregon is the real deal - looks like it on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
              From what I hear the girl from Oregon is the real deal - looks like it on youtube

Isabel Hurliman, 6'outside hitter. I went and watched her youtube video. She really swings it. Powerful stroker. Kill machine.

Comment

Coach Case was in my building yesterday & stopped by my office to chat. He is pretty excited about next season. He said he had 2 redshirted this season that "would be starters on any other team in the Conference" and got 3 really good transfers for next year. He expects very good things next season, after losing just 2 seniors this year. i specifically didnt ask him what Sarah's plans were, but I hope she stays for another year - though Id be surprised if she does.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  Coach Case was in my building yesterday & stopped by my office to chat. He is pretty excited about next season. He said he had 2 redshirted this season that "would be starters on any other team in the Conference" and got 3 really good transfers for next year. He expects very good things next season, after losing just 2 seniors this year. i specifically didnt ask him what Sarah's plans were, but I hope she stays for another year - though Id be surprised if she does.
                  Yes, me too. VERY.

Comment

When Colby took the TAMUC job, Sarah stayed at WT until the end of the spring semester.

Comment

When Colby took the TAMUC job, Sarah stayed at WT until the end of the spring semester.
                      Yes, she is still on the roster as Assoc. HC and is still attending functions on Campus.

Comment

I would guess the same thing this time.

When coaches with families move for new opportunities, usually the spouse/familiy stays behind to handle the "move",family business affairs, and wait until the end of the school year (if they have school age kids). It may be 2-6 months before the family follows (in most cases).....sometimes longer.

Comment

I would guess the same thing this time.

When coaches with families move for new opportunities, usually the spouse/familiy stays behind to handle the "move",family business affairs, and wait until the end of the school year (if they have school age kids). It may be 2-6 months before the family follows (in most cases).....sometimes longer.
                          Plus the spouse continues to draw a paycheck until the end of the spring semester.

Comment

Skoch to St. Leo (Florida)
                            https://saintleolions.com/news/2019/...ead-coach.aspx

Comment

Congratulations to Jason. I'm sure he will continue his successful career!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X