Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your teams second half of the season prediction...or hope

At the start of the year I predicted WT would go 8-3 and compete for the number 3-4 spot in the conference. Looking at how our schedule lines up I don't know how they are gong to win 3 more games. I still feel the jury is out about what kind of team WT has because of the injuries and inconsistent play. One half they look like world beaters, the next half they look like swiss cheese. With 5 games remaining WT has ASU, @ENMU, Commerce, @TAMUK, and MSU to finish the season. TAMUK should be a win and MSU is supposed to be a having a down season which should give us a decent chance at a win. Those games are our best shot at 2 more wins but where do we get a 3rd? I fully expect ENMU to shred our defense. WT is awful against the run and thats ENMU specialty. Commerce seems to have found their MOJO and are looking dominant again. And ASU is playing fantastic and are looking to be the real deal. Personally I think this makes the ASU game a must win game for WT. Hopefully the WT faithful show up and are loud.

To cut to the chase with TAMUK.

0-5 the rest of the way out.

Ugly loses to WTAM and MSU

A very bad beatdown from Tarleton

And somewhat close, but still humiliating loses to WNM and UTPB

And a shrug of the shoulders from the Administration and a 1-10 record.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
      At the start of the year I predicted WT would go 8-3 and compete for the number 3-4 spot in the conference. Looking at how our schedule lines up I don't know how they are gong to win 3 more games. I still feel the jury is out about what kind of team WT has because of the injuries and inconsistent play. One half they look like world beaters, the next half they look like swiss cheese. With 5 games remaining WT has ASU, @ENMU, Commerce, @TAMUK, and MSU to finish the season. TAMUK should be a win and MSU is supposed to be a having a down season which should give us a decent chance at a win. Those games are our best shot at 2 more wins but where do we get a 3rd? I fully expect ENMU to shred our defense. WT is awful against the run and thats ENMU specialty. Commerce seems to have found their MOJO and are looking dominant again. And ASU is playing fantastic and are looking to be the real deal. Personally I think this makes the ASU game a must win game for WT. Hopefully the WT faithful show up and are loud.
      I agree, should get one win against the Hog's and a chance against MSU. I fear the rest of the games will be ugly. The Wheel will stay at ENMU and ASU will run at will against our depleted defense. As I have said before, we are not better just different.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I agree, should get one win against the Hog's and a chance against MSU. I fear the rest of the games will be ugly. The Wheel will stay at ENMU and ASU will run at will against our depleted defense. As I have said before, we are not better just different.
        I still disagree, WT is better although they are not there yet. Heading in the right direction

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I still disagree, WT is better although they are not there yet. Heading in the right direction
            Hmmmm.... until WT plays someone decent competitively I have no idea on how you can think they improved and are headed in the right direction.

Lets review. WT is 5-0 against competition that is a combined 7-22. Mind you they have struggled mightily to win these games. Of the 7 wins are names like Simon Fraser Wayland Baptist Azusa UTPB WNM.

The one opportunity to show improvement was an embarrassment.

You must have not though much about WT version of football last year.

But, if they go 3-2 in their final 5 games I will agree with you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Hmmmm.... until WT plays someone decent competitively I have no idea on how you can think they improved and are headed in the right direction.

Lets review. WT is 5-0 against competition that is a combined 7-22. Mind you they have struggled mightily to win these games. Of the 7 wins are names like Simon Fraser Wayland Baptist Azusa UTPB WNM.

The one opportunity to show improvement was an embarrassment.

You must have not though much about WT version of football last year.

But, if they go 3-2 in their final 5 games I will agree with you.
                Struggled mightily to win these games is a stretch. Outside of last night, none of them were close by the final horn. I've watched all three home games in person and the others online. They are better on the O-line, no questions about it. QB play is no comparison to Hood and Houghtaling. RBs have way more depth and talent, 3 of the top 5 have been hurt and it hasn't completely destroyed the offense along with the injuries on the O-line. Defense is about the same this year but there is more depth. As far as comparing games...WNM just went to half with ASU only down 17-14 and statistically speaking went neck and neck with them. I don't see people ringing the alarm on them, but WT had to beat them by 5 TDs to show improvement. Also two weeks ago all I read about was how much better UTPB was than WT this year and then WT wins a close one and it was supposed to be a WT blowout now...what gives. Some people aren't going to be happy no matter what happens.
                Fact of the matter is they are 5-1 and may finish 6-5, 7-4, 8-3, I don't know. I've seen enough this year to give me something to look forward to watching and feel like they have a chance in these next few games. I'm pretty vested in WT football from an outside role and follow them religiously because I enjoy it. Others from WT faithful are welcome to have differing opinions, I don't care.
                ???

Comment

My hope is ENMU Wins out 9-2 to finish and makes the official playoffs cause its win or sit now.

That being said NOTHING is ever easy for the hounds. None of the games left are gimmies, but the ASU game is looming large.

Now if Eastern can winout, and Tarleton and Angelo can beat Commerce....that would be the best scenario.

Depending on how Western Oregon does against Midwestern later ENMU's last game might be a play in game on the road.
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

A&M-Commerce goes 4-1 down the stretch and secures a playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post
                      The nsic is going to have 3 teams at least with only 2 loses or less. Eastern has been down the road before of an 8-2 record, its really really hard to make it with 2 losses and only 10 games near impossible in this region.

If the gnac doesnt get a team in that means 3 teams from the LSC or the NSIC and probably 2 from RMAC

Commerce with only 8 wins will have to climb above probably at least 2 9 win teams, they can do that with EMMU or Angelo because of h2h, but only if ENMU or angelo is ranked as the 7 seed and commerce is 8.

Mostlikely the rankings will be unbeaten tarleton or Minnesotta state, then 1 loss team/teams then the 2 loss 9 win teams followed by the rest.

Comment

Struggled mightily to win these games is a stretch. Outside of last night, none of them were close by the final horn. I've watched all three home games in person and the others online. They are better on the O-line, no questions about it. QB play is no comparison to Hood and Houghtaling. RBs have way more depth and talent, 3 of the top 5 have been hurt and it hasn't completely destroyed the offense along with the injuries on the O-line. Defense is about the same this year but there is more depth. As far as comparing games...WNM just went to half with ASU only down 17-14 and statistically speaking went neck and neck with them. I don't see people ringing the alarm on them, but WT had to beat them by 5 TDs to show improvement. Also two weeks ago all I read about was how much better UTPB was than WT this year and then WT wins a close one and it was supposed to be a WT blowout now...what gives. Some people aren't going to be happy no matter what happens.
                        Fact of the matter is they are 5-1 and may finish 6-5, 7-4, 8-3, I don't know. I've seen enough this year to give me something to look forward to watching and feel like they have a chance in these next few games. I'm pretty vested in WT football from an outside role and follow them religiously because I enjoy it. Others from WT faithful are welcome to have differing opinions, I don't care.
                        ???
                        The whole game was a lot closer than the final 31-14 score indicates. WNMU played very well, coupled with the ASU defense coming out flat in the first half. The offense played pretty well and the final score was the result of ASU's offense wearing down the defense by feeding the ball to Davin Manning.

Im not sure if it was WNMU's poor record coming in, ASU's decent record, or hang over from Tarleton, but it was not a good showing, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. If you are going to have one of these performances, this was the game to have that. Hopefully it will serve as a wake-up call.

On a side note, and in the end it did not affect the final outcome, the officiating was horrible. At one point they threw a flag for a false start on the WNMU offense and then changed the call to a delay of game on ASU's defense for enticing the false start. I know that if the defense jumps to try to entice a false start that is a penalty. In this case though, I was standing close to Girsch, and the official explained that the ASU defense line called out the word "Shift" and then the D-line shifted quite suddenly. Girsch asked if they jumped into the neutral zone and the official said that had not, they had moved laterally along the line. Girsch just about blew a gasket. At that point the head official and another official took the guy who made the all aside and talked to him. While they didn't pick up the flag I think they explained that it is okay for the defensive line to shift laterally at the line of scrimmage, but they did warn them to not yell shift as loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post
                          I agree, 3-2 they are out

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I agree, 3-2 they are out
                            4-1 they are probably out....8-2 out in d2 gets you sitting when there is at least 1 probably 2 unbeatens, probably 1 one loss team 10 win teams, and 4 or 5 9 win 2 loss teams. When its all done

Comment

???

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X