Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I did watch the Angelo game and you are spot on. Tarleton Defense stifled any opportunities that Angelo had. Angelo defense definitely kept the Texans O in check for most of the first half and did a great job in the secondary. Doubled Thomas most of the game from what I saw. But, being around football for quite some time I wrote the game off as let down from all the D1 hype that week. It would be hard any player to be able to focus before that game. Second, Clark was on Texan staff last year and devised a game plan around their tendencies. So, familiarity played a part in what you saw also.

I didn't watch the ENM game but I suspected the team that I saw play SFA would return and I am pretty sure they did by reading Zombies posts.

Bottom line, I do not believe that you will see a rendition of the Angelo game on Offense or Defense this week.
    Great point Techstar on Adam Clark being on staff last year. He was changing fronts nearly every series and had a great scheme to slow us down. Not making excuses for Ben Holmes, but he was really down that game because of it being Pink Out night and all the stuff that happened with his Mom. He was visibly upset before the game and I believe it was a factor in how he played. Ben is a great kid and was very disappointed in his performance.

Comment

Major....you must love all the new Texan members on the board who joined within the past year. I remember the same thing happening to TAMUC. Remember when LionFan was the ONLY poster. Then as Commerce started winning, posters came out of the woodwork. LMAO!!!! Ohhh yes, the Bandwagon fan! Gotta love'em.

*Dear Bandwagon fans, don't get your PANTIES in a wad. You have to earn your stripes, just like everybody else on this messageboard. So take the sh!t like a man.....or for the PC world: So, take the sh!t like a gender you define with. #SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

I did watch the Angelo game and you are spot on. Tarleton Defense stifled any opportunities that Angelo had. Angelo defense definitely kept the Texans O in check for most of the first half and did a great job in the secondary. Doubled Thomas most of the game from what I saw. But, being around football for quite some time I wrote the game off as let down from all the D1 hype that week. It would be hard any player to be able to focus before that game. Second, Clark was on Texan staff last year and devised a game plan around their tendencies. So, familiarity played a part in what you saw also.

I didn't watch the ENM game but I suspected the team that I saw play SFA would return and I am pretty sure they did by reading Zombies posts.

Bottom line, I do not believe that you will see a rendition of the Angelo game on Offense or Defense this week.
        Yeah I forgot that Angelo got a former coach of ours on staff. That familiarity goes a long way. The Rams had a good game plan and I too would like to believe the hype of D1 move maybe played a factor as well. Should be a good game this weekend, or at least a little more physical being Commerce.

Comment

I look forward to watching Ben Holmes and the Tarleton offense light up the scoreboard this Saturday against Commerce ! Go Texans
          Last edited by wannabcoach; 10-16-2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Major....you must love all the new Texan members on the board who joined within the past year. I remember the same thing happening to TAMUC. Remember when LionFan was the ONLY poster. Then as Commerce started winning, posters came out of the woodwork. LMAO!!!! Ohhh yes, the Bandwagon fan! Gotta love'em.

*Dear Bandwagon fans, don't get your PANTIES in a wad. You have to earn your stripes, just like everybody else on this messageboard. So take the sh!t like a man.....or for the PC world: So, take the sh!t like a gender you define with. #SMDH

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=TSUTexan61;n436291]

Comment

[QUOTE=Mattportman;n438061]

Comment

[QUOTE=TSUTexan61;n438087]

Comment

7-0 TEXANS

Comment

no video feed? nm I got it working
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!