Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff! Let us know how you enjoy the stadium and the game. I think WT is going to show up and put on a hell of a show.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
      Yeah because Eastern getting 14 points scored on them in the first 33 seconds of the game against Tarleton was so much better. I think most Buff fans can admit, it was a total crap fast. WT looked like garbage and Tarleton looked like world beaters. WT has improved this year but the question is how much? The argument can be made that WT has not really played against great competition but that's not WT's fault. Realistically it would be crazy to think that WT are potential world champions but I do think "us" fans can believe that we are improved. From someone who has pretty much watched every WT game for the past 10 years or so I can tell you this team is much better than what we had 3 years ago.

I think WT has a 30% chance of victory. WT is starting true freshmen at certain positions because of all the injuries. We are down to 2 running backs when we started the season with 5. Our offensive line is banged up and shifting almost every game. If WT can come out firing and put together a solid 4 quarters then I think they have a shot. If they come out flat and wait till the second half to try and mount a comeback then the game will probably be to far out of reach. Lets be honest here ASU is probably going to be bringing their "A" game too. They are not going to just hand WT a victory.
      I never said anything about eastern vs Tarleton.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I think one thing people aren't considering as far as an "improved team" is the fact that they were just beat by WNM two years ago and it wasn't a fluke WNM won. I remember leaving that game thinking holy cow, Western had better athletes and players in that game. If you compare this team to that team, it's not even close. Nor is it close comparing to last year's team simply because the offense is average this year.

I will agree WT needs to have a win against one of the quality conference teams to show it on the field. This year it appears several teams are much improved so we will see.
        THIS
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Bruh, you talk like what you say is FACT. NO.....it's YOUR opinion. No more right....no more wrong than the other guys opinion.

You also have the right to believe your opinion is correct. But everyone else has that same right of belief in their opinion.

Small minded people who feel inferior tend to not be open to accepting that others thoughts, opinions, answers may be correct. Don't be THAT guy.

*All meant with respect.for you.

Comment

One question.....which SINGLE LSC team are you loyal too? From my seat, it APPEARS you trash all teams, except whoever is on top.

For me, I have no dog in the fight......Nor am I an alum ...Nor did I grow up being a fan of any of these teams. BUT since my son & daughter-in-law both played sports @ Angelo and both graduated at Angelo, I sure LIKE to see them do well. I might ever start a family scholarship fund based on what I see......AND I think Brian May is, hands down, tge best President in the LSC.

BUT I am nothing like I was when my boy was playing. I was an SOB, DIEHARD FAN. OF MY BOY.

So, tell us who YOUR team is.....because it seems like you just side with the WINNERS each season.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

One question.....which SINGLE LSC team are you loyal too? From my seat, it APPEARS you trash all teams, except whoever is on top.

For me, I have no dog in the fight......Nor am I an alum ...Nor did I grow up being a fan of any of these teams. BUT since my son & daughter-in-law both played sports @ Angelo and both graduated at Angelo, I sure LIKE to see them do well. I might ever start a family scholarship fund based on what I see......AND I think Brian May is, hands down, tge best President in the LSC.

BUT I am nothing like I was when my boy was playing. I was an SOB, DIEHARD FAN. OF MY BOY.

So, tell us who YOUR team is.....because it seems like you just side with the WINNERS each season.
              He pretends he's an outsider but he bleeds Tarleton Purple. It seeps out of every post he makes. Invite more of your friends on the bandwagon Techster, there's plenty of room!

Comment

I ran into a player last night and it will be Duke Carter and Jordan Johnson at RB this week. Jared Compton got dinged up a couple games ago and is still gimpy, that's why he only got 3 touches last week. Kahlil Harris the Fr they moved up last week got hurt in the game and is out, that was according to Hughes presser Monday. This is getting borderline ridiculous.

I saw Daven Manning got a majority of the carries last week for ASU after only getting a few touches the first 5 games. Is that due to injuries as well?

Comment

Comment

Oh yes... This is the truth..

I recall I pulled your chain big time by posting I was hoping Angleo would get pounded in the playoffs. And you let me have it!!!!! LOL And the funny thing is I posted it just to get the reaction I knew I'd get when I was really pulling for you guys to win.

But I'd give Techster a pass on this question only because he's an admitted Tech fan who has seen the Red Raiders season go like a roller coaster some many times with ultimately the later part being a big let down. Not to mention incompetent coaching post Leach and along with an administration who couldn't get their crap together. I know how that feels right now.

Comment

And we are all thankful for this! 707

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                        I ran into a player last night and it will be Duke Carter and Jordan Johnson at RB this week. Jared Compton got dinged up a couple games ago and is still gimpy, that's why he only got 3 touches last week. Kahlil Harris the Fr they moved up last week got hurt in the game and is out, that was according to Hughes presser Monday. This is getting borderline ridiculous.

I saw Daven Manning got a majority of the carries last week for ASU after only getting a few touches the first 5 games. Is that due to injuries as well?
                        I don't know if the "starter" is banged up, but I believe it has more to do with getting Daven up to speed on the offense and getting him back in game shape. He hadn't played in a game since his senior year of high school that I believe was 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                          Yeah because Eastern getting 14 points scored on them in the first 33 seconds of the game against Tarleton was so much better. I think most Buff fans can admit, it was a total crap fast. WT looked like garbage and Tarleton looked like world beaters. WT has improved this year but the question is how much? The argument can be made that WT has not really played against great competition but that's not WT's fault. Realistically it would be crazy to think that WT are potential world champions but I do think "us" fans can believe that we are improved. From someone who has pretty much watched every WT game for the past 10 years or so I can tell you this team is much better than what we had 3 years ago.

I think WT has a 30% chance of victory. WT is starting true freshmen at certain positions because of all the injuries. We are down to 2 running backs when we started the season with 5. Our offensive line is banged up and shifting almost every game. If WT can come out firing and put together a solid 4 quarters then I think they have a shot. If they come out flat and wait till the second half to try and mount a comeback then the game will probably be to far out of reach. Lets be honest here ASU is probably going to be bringing their "A" game too. They are not going to just hand WT a victory.
                          I don't know about "A" game, but with almost 100% certainty I can say that they will not be overlooking this week. I talked to Girsch after the game last week and he mentioned how that he could see the team "take a figurative breath" during the week and kept reminding them that WNM was better than record indicates yada yada yada and they came out flat. He then lit into them at the half and they came out with much more intensity in the second half. I don't think Girsch allows that to happen two weeks in a row. I would fully expect the Rams to be ready to go from the opening bell.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                            I don't know if the "starter" is banged up, but I believe it has more to do with getting Daven up to speed on the offense and getting him back in game shape. He hadn't played in a game since his senior year of high school that I believe was 2016.
                            Makes sense. I don't know how things ended at WT for him, but I guess this could be a personal game for him and he may be ready to do work

Comment

Devon didn't even get to work out with the team last year.

Comment

Starter is not banged up. All RB's to my knowledge are healthy. Daven needed the touches and he wsq responding well so they just let him carry the ball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X