Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo State @ West Texas Game Thread

I think this is a HUGE game for both teams. The biggest between these two teams since I have been following DII football.

After seeing Angelo give up so many big play yards last week, and West Texas giving up ground yards, this is going to be a VERY TOUGH match-up! It will come down to which teams defense tightens up and who winds the trench battle. Classic match up in the trenches.....Angelo D has the most sacks in the LSC and West Texas OL leads in allowing the fewest sacks.

TO WIN: First win the battle in the trenches. Angelo MUST ground and pound....make it a PURE slobber-knocker!!! Get the RBs into the passing game as well. Short & steady passing and hard-nosed running to keep the West Texas D on the field as long and as much as possible. Defensively, Angelo needs to stop the big plays and force West Texas into 3 and outs. Gerber had a 95.89 rating last week....so, the Angelo D, who is leading the LSC in INTs, must make some big plays and get takeaways.

TO WIN: First win the battle in the trenches. West Texas must establish the run game and NOT abandon it early. Keep at it until they start controlling the trenches. Then Gerber will have his shots down field. Defensively, West Texas needs to make Angelo pass deep as much as possible to cause 3 and outs. WNMU did this and Sullins Pass Rating was 89..58. West Texas needs to make Angelo beat them with the pass, because Angelo can put 200+ yards on you in the run game.

This is just my two cents worth from what i have seen thus far.

This is GOING TO BE a game remembered!! Not too many may realize it right now, but this game will have more implications than TAMUC @ Tarleton.

Heck, I might have to change my plans and go to Canyon instead of Stephenville.

First of all, Wt is really beat up especially at RB. D-line has not controlled LOS yet.
    O-line has been good, at times - 3 to 5 drives a game. Playcalling is not good. Kicking game $ucks.
    Our QB is an upgrade and a bright spot. #16 Johnson is a stud - only got 3 touches last week.

This game will not be close, Rams by 21
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
      First of all, Wt is really beat up especially at RB. D-line has not controlled LOS yet.
      O-line has been good, at times - 3 to 5 drives a game. Play calling is not good. Kicking game $ucks.
      Our QB is an upgrade and a bright spot. #16 Johnson is a stud - only got 3 touches last week.

I hope you are wrong, but you probably aren't. I doubt we will see a FG again this year unless we change kickers. I think the punter will be okay with some more experience. I think if they would just punt instead of doing shifts it would help. The same applies to extra points. We missed the first one against CWU because they were trying to get fancy. Please, not with these kickers! If you want to go for 2 line up for 2, but do it with Gerber because Hood will likely fumble or get picked.

The recurring problem of playing just a half won't get it done against Angelo.

The only chance we have of winning is if Gerber has an incredible night, including on the ground, and we get some decent yardage out of a back that doesn't dance every time he touches the ball. Beyond that the defense will have to get some turnovers, and most importantly, play the entire game.

Hughes had better light a massive fire under his team before they take the field or it will be a long night for WT fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Hughes had better light a massive fire under his team before they take the field or it will be a long night for WT fans.
        I think this will sum up their season thus far. Play anyone decent and expect a long night.

Comment

West Texas has been known for winning a game when least expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
            West Texas has been known for winning a game when least expected.
            And ASU has been known to lose a game when least expected as well.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

And ASU has been known to lose a game when least expected as well.
              Like last year. A crazy game where the defender just falls flat on his face in front of the receiver on the winning pass play

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                O-line has been good, at times - 3 to 5 drives a game. Playcalling is not good. Kicking game $ucks.

Me doth believe you Sir are amiss.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Me doth believe you Sir are amiss.
                  I think WT has a chance if they play well. I'd give it 70/30 in ASU's favor, they have been more consistent all year and statistically are better across the board. I haven't watched any of ASU's games so I am only going off of box scores. Regardless of what some say, WT is a better team this year, but they are not there yet. It appears this year ASU is ready to make the jump. We shall see Saturday. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to go, my son has a soccer tournament starting at 3 Saturday.

Comment

Watched WT play UTPB. First wt game that I have seen since 2013. WT looked like a good Texas 4A high school team. Except for the kicking game... maybe 2A on special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
                      Watched WT play UTPB. First wt game that I have seen since 2013. WT looked like a good Texas 4A high school team. Except for the kicking game... maybe 2A on special teams.
                      The name.....707070707070707

Comment

I think this is a 50/50 game. Angelo will have to bring its "A" game. Read my original post.

The winner of this game might be fighting for #2 spot. WTAMU entire season will be determined within the next three games. Win them and you go to the play-offs, lose 1 and you are may be out....lose y=two and its season over.

THIS IS WHY Saturday is a VERY dangerous game for Angelo. PLAYERS & COACHES MUST NOT SLEEP ON THIS ONE.

I say 55% chance WT wins. AGAIN....read/re-read my original assessment.

Comment

I think this is a 50/50 game. Angelo will have to bring its "A" game. Read my original post.

The winner of this game might be fighting for #2 spot. WTAMU entire season will be determined within the next three games. Win them and you go to the play-offs, lose 1 and you are may be out....lose y=two and its season over.

THIS IS WHY Saturday is a VERY dangerous game for Angelo. PLAYERS & COACHES MUST NOT SLEEP ON THIS ONE.

Pops - As you know games are won at the LOS. My grandmother could run against us. IF ASU were to throw the ball 75 - 80% of the time that would be playing to our strength. Why would they do that?? The only way WT wins is for Gerber to have a career game and ASU to do something dumb. (several turn-overs) Otherwise, this is not close.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

144 yards per game allowed on the ground with 3.5 ypc allowed. I've seen worse.. the defense has been more susceptible to big passing plays than the run. Look at the stats. 3.9 ypc allowed against Tarleton, which is below their average. We must be watching different teams IDK

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X