Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    144 yards per game allowed on the ground with 3.5 ypc allowed. I've seen worse.. the defense has been more susceptible to big passing plays than the run. Look at the stats. 3.9 ypc allowed against Tarleton, which is below their average. We must be watching different teams IDK
    The reason big passing plays are made is the CB are on an island out there - no help - sometimes you get burned. Most of our tackles are made by LB because the D-line is getting pushed around. Noticed last game one of the OL was playing NG. That could have been due to injury - don't remember his number, however, he did add some size.
    I hope I'm wrong - just think ASU is going to run the ball at will.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

144 yards per game allowed on the ground with 3.5 ypc allowed. I've seen worse.. the defense has been more susceptible to big passing plays than the run. Look at the stats. 3.9 ypc allowed against Tarleton, which is below their average. We must be watching different teams IDK

Comment

I agree, I think ASU wins, but I'd say its only at 65% chance.

Both teams only have two common opponents thus far.

Tarleton

28-58 WT lost
        13-30 ASU lost

WNMU

45-21 WT won
        31-14 ASU won

While we all agree WT's offense is weak at best, they did have better days against these common opponents than did ASU.

Also on defense, Angelo gave up more points and yards to WNMU than WT did. And a majority of WNMU's against WT came in the late 3rd quarter-4th quarter when backups were playing.

I know its technically impossible to tell anything from those comparisons, but I think if the offense puts together a complete game, WT wins this one. Defensive edge I believe goes to WT. Special teams goes to ASU. Whoever has the better day on the offensive side of the ball wins.
        Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 10-17-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

You are an abrasive person these days, to everyone on here. Its a message board, relax a little.

If you read my posts, I've have stated multiple times WT is improved but not there yet. I said ASU is a 70/30 favorite and have been more consistent all year. I also by saying WT is not there yet, would assume people are smart enough to realize I'm not content until they win some big conference games against tougher competition.

Tarleton game stats in 1st half - WT still did fairly decent considering the offense sucked and they were on the field the whole half it seemed
          29 rushes
          162 yards - a good chunk of those on runs of 36 and 23.
          5.6 ypc
          That does not reflect the two kneel downs a the end of 1st half

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

The reason big passing plays are made is the CB are on an island out there - no help - sometimes you get burned. Most of our tackles are made by LB because the D-line is getting pushed around. Noticed last game one of the OL was playing NG. That could have been due to injury - don't remember his number, however, he did add some size.
            I hope I'm wrong - just think ASU is going to run the ball at will.
            I don't remember ever seeing an OL play on the DL. #91 has been playing after missing a few to start the year but he is a DL. Also with only 3 DL and a rush LB, the defense is set up for the LBs to make most of the tackles. I don't typically see Gerred Johnson getting pushed around

Comment

You are an abrasive person these days, to everyone on here. Its a message board, relax a little.

If you read my posts, I've have stated multiple times WT is improved but not there yet. I said ASU is a 70/30 favorite and have been more consistent all year. I also by saying WT is not there yet, would assume people are smart enough to realize I'm not content until they win some big conference games against tougher competition.

Tarleton game stats in 1st half - WT still did fairly decent considering the offense sucked and they were on the field the whole half it seemed
              29 rushes
              5.6 ypc

Comment

I think one thing people aren't considering as far as an "improved team" is the fact that they were just beat by WNM two years ago and it wasn't a fluke WNM won. I remember leaving that game thinking holy cow, Western had better athletes and players in that game. If you compare this team to that team, it's not even close. Nor is it close comparing to last year's team simply because the offense is average this year.

I will agree WT needs to have a win against one of the quality conference teams to show it on the field. This year it appears several teams are much improved so we will see.

Comment

This is not a point of conversation for this game, but I believe WNM may be one of the most improved teams in the conference this year. The W/L record may not be a ton different, but the athletes they have on the field and the way they compete is a huge improvement from years past.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                    This is not a point of conversation for this game, but I believe WNM may be one of the most improved teams in the conference this year. The W/L record may not be a ton different, but the athletes they have on the field and the way they compete is a huge improvement from years past.
                    Their QB and receivers are some good athletes. I'd say the O line is lacking but the D line had a couple of good ones. I'd agree with your statement.

Comment

29 rushes
                      5.6 ypc
                      at the end of the first half it was 51-0...I don't know a world where anyone thinks that is good.
                      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

at the end of the first half it was 51-0...I don't know a world where anyone thinks that is good.
                        How the hell you gathered that from reading my post, especially taken in the context of the conversation is beyond me. It was all about WT defending the run and being weaker against the pass

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Because that's what he said..... geez. Reading comprehension not taught west of the border?

Comment

How the hell you gathered that from reading my post, especially taken in the context of the conversation is beyond me. It was all about WT defending the run and being weaker against the pass
                            tarleton threw the ball a grand total of 24 times. 21 in the first half. They were stopped from scoring 1 time. they had 300 net yards of offense to 2 net yards for WT.

want to know why WT "looked good" vs the run in the first half? cause Tarleton had exactly 2 drives out of 6(not counting the kneel downs) in the first half start beyond their own 40. 4 drives started inside the WT 35. Tarletons numbers were lower cause they were playing on really short fields.

down 50-0 at half your not doing anything right.
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Comment

Yeah because Eastern getting 14 points scored on them in the first 33 seconds of the game against Tarleton was so much better. I think most Buff fans can admit, it was a total crap fast. WT looked like garbage and Tarleton looked like world beaters. WT has improved this year but the question is how much? The argument can be made that WT has not really played against great competition but that's not WT's fault. Realistically it would be crazy to think that WT are potential world champions but I do think "us" fans can believe that we are improved. From someone who has pretty much watched every WT game for the past 10 years or so I can tell you this team is much better than what we had 3 years ago.

I think WT has a 30% chance of victory. WT is starting true freshmen at certain positions because of all the injuries. We are down to 2 running backs when we started the season with 5. Our offensive line is banged up and shifting almost every game. If WT can come out firing and put together a solid 4 quarters then I think they have a shot. If they come out flat and wait till the second half to try and mount a comeback then the game will probably be to far out of reach. Lets be honest here ASU is probably going to be bringing their "A" game too. They are not going to just hand WT a victory.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X