Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know John (BC) personally. He is a good & solid a man, better than most men IMO. He loves and supports his beloved West Texas State.

He is blessed to have a loving beautiful family (wife, daughter & son), and some gorgeous grandkids. His knees and back have taking a beating over his years.

Mend quickly John.

Your friend Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

When it comes to back surgeries, they RARELY go as expected. I say this with 13 years in the specialty ('91-'04)...seen TOO many people go from bad to worse.

Try anything and everything FIRST. When you have exhausted all other options, find a surgeon who can PROVE a positive success rate.
      As a Massage Therapist, I've seen some pretty gnarly results from spinal surgery. Heck, my mom had one about 2 years ago and had a pretty good recovery from that. I had a client 2 weeks ago that she was in a bad auto accident and she only had a lap band for a seat belt. A common injury from that was what they called a seatbelt fracture and it was down in her lumbar. She ended up having a pretty good recovery at that time for a L3 to L5 fusion, and that was before some of the more modern techneques that they used now with plates, wires, and sometimes going in through the abdomen to access the anterior part of the spine and then flipping you over during surgery to work on the posterior spine . Needless to say, there's a reason why you want to have both the lap belt and the shoulder belt when you're in a wreck. Taking care of your body is always going to be a wise investment.

Sure hope BC pulls through.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

As a Massage Therapist, I've seen some pretty gnarly results from spinal surgery. Heck, my mom had one about 2 years ago and had a pretty good recovery from that. I had a client 2 weeks ago that she was in a bad auto accident and she only had a lap band for a seat belt. A common injury from that was what they called a seatbelt fracture and it was down in her lumbar. She ended up having a pretty good recovery at that time for a L3 to L5 fusion, and that was before some of the more modern techneques that they used now with plates, wires, and sometimes going in through the abdomen to access the anterior part of the spine and then flipping you over during surgery to work on the posterior spine . Needless to say, there's a reason why you want to have both the lap belt and the shoulder belt when you're in a wreck. Taking care of your body is always going to be a wise investment.

Sure hope BC pulls through.
        I believe you are referring to a 360 fusion.

Comment

I believe you are referring to a 360 fusion.
          sounds about right. It doesn't sound like fun for anybody.

Comment

Once the air hits the spine and the brain, you never know how either of those two pieces of your body are going to respond. Obviously with medical advances the outcomes are getting better, but I would say its at best a 50/50 shot of the surgery going well and you not having any other complications afterwards.

This is not directed at BuffaloChip at all...please go see a PT (no referral needed now) early on if you are having back/spine issues along with chronic pain.

Comment

I've had lower back pain for years and the best thing I did was to start seeing a chiropractor. She has massage therapists at her office and they do 30 minutes of massage therapy prior to my chiropractor's visit. She confirmed my suspicion... my pain is 99% muscle tension. However, she also said if I don't stretch and do some exercises to keep that area loose and strengthen my core, it will could cause curvature of the spine and could cause herniated disks. Guys, tension really is the silent killer. Even though I've started slacking a little on the core exercises, I still haven't been this pain-free in years.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                Once the air hits the spine and the brain, you never know how either of those two pieces of your body are going to respond. Obviously with medical advances the outcomes are getting better, but I would say its at best a 50/50 shot of the surgery going well and you not having any other complications afterwards.

This is not directed at BuffaloChip at all...please go see a PT (no referral needed now) early on if you are having back/spine issues along with chronic pain.

Comment

Being a newbee to CBD oil - how is it administered??
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Being a newbee to CBD oil - how is it administered??
                    Sublingual drops. I recommend Hempworx 750 Full Spectrum Hemp Oil , five drops twice per day (every 12 hours). AMAZING.

Comment

Sublingual drops. I recommend Hempworx 750 Full Spectrum Hemp Oil , five drops twice per day (every 12 hours). AMAZING.
                      Will it help with what's left of my knees??

Comment

Will it help with what's left of my knees??
                        IF you have any cartilage left, get STEM CELL injection. BEST THING EVER. We have dozens of patients that are good as new with ZERO surgery. Best MD for this is Don Buford, MD in Dallas. EXCELLENT!!!! NO BETTER.

Comment

Update on BuffaloChip:

Still in the hospital fighting an infection. Has started rehab. Long road ahead. One step at a time.

Comment

Hey there is a road ahead! Please tell him that he is in my thoughts.

Comment

Update on BuffaloChip:

Still in the hospital fighting an infection. Has started rehab. Long road ahead. One step at a time.
                              Long road, but he's got this. Nothing but positive thoughts from me.

Comment

Yesterday's basketball game didn't feel right without him court side. I may have to call an official BOZO today in his absence.

Well wishes for strength and healing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X