X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

As a Massage Therapist, I've seen some pretty gnarly results from spinal surgery. Heck, my mom had one about 2 years ago and had a pretty good recovery from that. I had a client 2 weeks ago that she was in a bad auto accident and she only had a lap band for a seat belt. A common injury from that was what they called a seatbelt fracture and it was down in her lumbar. She ended up having a pretty good recovery at that time for a L3 to L5 fusion, and that was before some of the more modern techneques that they used now with plates, wires, and sometimes going in through the abdomen to access the anterior part of the spine and then flipping you over during surgery to work on the posterior spine . Needless to say, there's a reason why you want to have both the lap belt and the shoulder belt when you're in a wreck. Taking care of your body is always going to be a wise investment.

Sure hope BC pulls through.
    I believe you are referring to a 360 fusion.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

When it comes to back surgeries, they RARELY go as expected. I say this with 13 years in the specialty ('91-'04)...seen TOO many people go from bad to worse.

Try anything and everything FIRST. When you have exhausted all other options, find a surgeon who can PROVE a positive success rate.
    As a Massage Therapist, I've seen some pretty gnarly results from spinal surgery. Heck, my mom had one about 2 years ago and had a pretty good recovery from that. I had a client 2 weeks ago that she was in a bad auto accident and she only had a lap band for a seat belt. A common injury from that was what they called a seatbelt fracture and it was down in her lumbar. She ended up having a pretty good recovery at that time for a L3 to L5 fusion, and that was before some of the more modern techneques that they used now with plates, wires, and sometimes going in through the abdomen to access the anterior part of the spine and then flipping you over during surgery to work on the posterior spine . Needless to say, there's a reason why you want to have both the lap belt and the shoulder belt when you're in a wreck. Taking care of your body is always going to be a wise investment.

Sure hope BC pulls through.

Leave a comment:

• HOGSVRR
    replied
    I know John (BC) personally. He is a good & solid a man, better than most men IMO. He loves and supports his beloved West Texas State.

He is blessed to have a loving beautiful family (wife, daughter & son), and some gorgeous grandkids. His knees and back have taking a beating over his years.

Mend quickly John.

Your friend Ray

Leave a comment:

• Vulpes88
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    There has been no change, I talked to his son at the FB game. In the hospital still battling an infection.
    Pain management is the issue at this time.
    Hope he pulls through.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Sorry to hear. Thoughts are with ya 'n the family. Be strong.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    There has been no change, I talked to his son at the FB game. In the hospital still battling an infection.
    Pain management is the issue at this time.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    To my knowledge the situation is unchanged. I should see his son at the ASU game tomorrow, I'll try and get an update.
    Please send our best wishes!

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    To my knowledge the situation is unchanged. I should see his son at the ASU game tomorrow, I'll try and get an update.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Solid guy. Tried to meet with him at the Elite 8 men's basketball when the Buffs were there. I went looking for him- people told me I had just missed him. Found out later that he had been looking for me and people said he just missed me. Sent me a Buffs cap for my collection. Also said if I was in his neck of the woods for a game- or any other reason- that I could stay at his place. Very nice offer.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OldTimeBuffFan
    replied
    Just returned from long trip. Sorry to hear about Chip. My prayers go up for you.

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied
    Last year I was healed of cancer. I attribute it to prayer and divine intervention. Please fervently pray. It truly works.

My prayers will continue your way, for you, your family and your medical team. God is good!

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied
    Originally posted by majorpayne View Post
    Prayers going up from the Payne family. Hope your better soon my friend
    Thoughts and prayers for Chip in his hour of need. He needs to get better so he can post all of OT threads.

Leave a comment:

• majorpayne
    replied
    Prayers going up from the Payne family. Hope your better soon my friend

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X