Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wt Field Goal Woe's

Wt kickers have now missed 7 consecutive attempts. Someone here posted that we may not make another FG for the rest of the season. Looks like you called that one.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

ASU went through this same problem about 5 or 6 years ago. I could be wrong, but at the time, we did not offer scholarships (or much of one) to kickers and punters, hoping instead to pick up walk-on's. When the kicking game cost us a couple of close games, that attitude changed and now (again, I think, don't know) we make kickers a higher priority.

Comment

I don't get the rationale behind throwing away the entire special team phase of a game trying to save scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        I don't get the rationale behind throwing away the entire special team phase of a game trying to save scholarships.
        yep, its bitten MSU on the butt a bunch. I think Commerce has done well to find those special "returners" as well. both are worth the money...
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
          Wt kickers have now missed 7 consecutive attempts. Someone here posted that we may not make another FG for the rest of the season. Looks like you called that one.
          That was me.

If you take a look at the Hughes years, the symptoms are, he doesn't give a damn about offense, including place kicking. He's got to leave his defensive coordinator mindset behind, or go back to being a defensive coordinator.

There's no excuse for any college kicker that consistently misses field goals shorter than 40 yards. Our guys can't hit anything longer than an extra point.

Comment

At every practice that I have been to Hughes has spent one hell of a lot more time with the offense than with the defense. I don't see any bias based upon what I have seen or heard from him.

After so many years of having All-Star kickers we are sure in need of putting more emphasis on that immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
              At every practice that I have been to Hughes has spent one hell of a lot more time with the offense than with the defense. I don't see any bias based upon what I have seen or heard from him.

After so many years of having All-Star kickers we are sure in need of putting more emphasis on that immediately.
              I agree, he honestly does a good job of being involved in everything at practice and letting the other coaches do their thing.

I haven't taken the time to look up the stats of the transfer kicker prior to WT. He's struggling though. This is the first year they haven't had a true freshman as the place kicker under Hughes and it hasn't helped unfortunately

Comment

How's this for a clutch FG?

https://www.facebook.com/umhb/videos/1149703851885925/

Comment

Speaking of good FG kickers, Sergio Castillo is having a great season in BC.

https://www.facebook.com/BCLions/pho...type=3&theater

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                    Well imI impressed

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X