Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to be working out okay for ACU. I know football hasn't caught up to the other sports but they won both post season basketball championship tournaments and got to be on TV playing Kentucky 1st round of the NCAA tournament. They will be a favorite in tennis and competitive in other sports.

Again trying to catch up on being out of the consistent loops in LSC stuff but puzzled about Tarleton going to the WAC. I thought the WAC was going to be for non-football schools.

I personally would like to see WT go division 1. They would be competitive right away in men's basketball and baseball and volleyball in the southland. However that doesn't look to be in the plans for the near term.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
      Seems to be working out okay for ACU. I know football hasn't caught up to the other sports but they won both post season basketball championship tournaments and got to be on TV playing Kentucky 1st round of the NCAA tournament. They will be a favorite in tennis and competitive in other sports.

Again trying to catch up on being out of the consistent loops in LSC stuff but puzzled about Tarleton going to the WAC. I thought the WAC was going to be for non-football schools.

I personally would like to see WT go division 1. They would be competitive right away in men's basketball and baseball and volleyball in the southland. However that doesn't look to be in the plans for the near term.
      I would rather compete for a National Championship than just be competitive in the regular season.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I have always wanted CWU to be competitive in Tennis.

Comment

As stated before.. The WAC will be a football conference within a year or two. WT could get extended an offer, but also as stated before, many do not want to go down that road again.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Men's or women's?

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I would rather compete for a National Championship than just be competitive in the regular season.
              Why couldn't they compete for National Championships? Coastal Carolina won a championship a few years ago in baseball while Butler, VCU, and George Mason have made the final four in basketball. WT isn't going to the big 12 in football they will be FCS. North Dakota State and South Dakota State seemed to have transitioned well in football. It will be more difficult in Tennis and Volleyball.

It will take a heck of a lot of work but it definitely can be done if the resources are there and willing to be spent. I do see the other side of the coin if the cost isn't feasible to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Yes Tennis was my main sport to play and coach in high school. Good to see my college team knock out ACU to go to the NCAA tournament in tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

As stated before.. The WAC will be a football conference within a year or two. WT could get extended an offer, but also as stated before, many do not want to go down that road again.
                  Sorry about the WAC comment. I am still trying to get back into the loop. Great to hear about them being able to keep football. It was sad to see Nebraska-Omaha give up football to move up.

Comment

Sorry about the WAC comment. I am still trying to get back into the loop. Great to hear about them being able to keep football. It was sad to see Nebraska-Omaha give up football to move up.
                    From my understanding, the Big Sky is looking to shed schools to restart it. After the defections they discontinued sponsoring football which led to further instability.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

you might check out Stephen F. Austin volleyball. They are taking people to the wood shed. Swept Texas Tech.
                      Yeah that has to be a kick in the gut to the current Tech volleyball coach. He left AM Corpus-Christi to take that job. He could beat SFA with the Islanders but not with Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

From my understanding, the Big Sky is looking to shed schools to restart it. After the defections they discontinued sponsoring football which led to further instability.
                        Yeah I wish my school would start up football so they will not be at risk of getting kicked out as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post

Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Impossible.
                              Think it's too quick of a timeline for the required logistics?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Impossible.
                                I'm willing to put money on it... are you?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X