Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo v Adams

Angelo travels to Adams State this weekend for an in-region, out of conference game. Angelo is 7-1, and put together a solid performance against a UTPB team that seemed to be playing better but is still 2-6 overall with one of those wins over an NAIA school. Adams St. is currently 4-4 and coming off of a 52-12 loss to CSU - Pueblo.

Some stats for the matchup (Advantage Bolded)
    Offensive Stats
    Points/Game: Angelo - 38.9 ; Adams - 26.9
    Yards/Game: Angelo 429.1 Adams 432.6
    Rushing Yds/Game: Angelo - 164.4 Adams - 114.9
    Passing Yds/Game Angelo - 264.8 Adams - 317.8
    Rushing TD's: Angelo - 18 Adams - 5
    Passing TD's: Angelo - 20 Adams - 21

Defensive Stats

Points Given/ Game: Angelo - 13.13 Adams - 35.5
    Yards/Game: Angelo - 330.5 Adams - 373.1
    Rushing Yds/Game: Angelo - 101.3 Adams - 145.9
    Passing Yds/Game: Angelo - 229.25 Adams - 227.2
    Sacks: Angelo - 23 Adams - 22
    Interceptions: Angelo - 13 Adams - 6

Special Teams
    Field Goals: Angelo - 8/9 Adams - 11/12
    Avg Punt Yds: Angelo - 37.89 Adams - 39.7
    Average Punt Return Yds: Angelo - 9.91 Adams - 2.62
    Average Kickoff Return Yds: Angelo - 27.0 Adams - 19.33

Adams threw the ball 66 times against Pueblo, put up some yards but also threw 6 interceptions and had 3 of those returned for TDs. They do have one stud WR in #11, he's a great athlete, great hands and big body.

Angelo wins this easy.

Comment

Angelo gets an important regional victory, the following way.....

I hope and PRAY they work the H3LL out of that running game. Need to get it up to snuff before the final two weeks of conference play. VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Also, like to see some mixing it up on blitz packages and putting severe pressure on Burksa.....also DOUBLING Bitson is a MUST and force Burksa to throw to Banner or Fryday. We can man those guys and stop Adams offense dead in their tracks.

Let's see what Angelo's coordinators do.
      Last edited by ASUPops; 11-01-2019, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        Angelo gets an important regional victory, the following way.....

I hope and PRAY they work the H3LL out of that running game. Need to get it up to snuff before the final two weeks of conference play. VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Also, like to see some mixing it up on blitz packages and putting severe pressure on Burksa.....also DOUBLING Bitson is a MUST and force Burksa to throw to Banner or Fryday. We can man those guys and stop Adams offense dead in their tracks.

Let's see what Angelo's coordinators do.
        Bitson not playing? He did get banged up last week against Pueblo unfortunately.

Comment

FANTASTIC DUBYA by Angelo. Just DOMINATED the trenches!!! WOW!

BEAUTIFUL game plan, play calling, and execution.

Great way to enter final two weeks.

#GoRams

Comment

#GoRams
            Unfortunately we may be minus 4/5 starters and a couple of backups the last 2 games.

That was one nasty game. Officials worked hard to keep it close.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Unfortunately we may be minus 4/5 starters and a couple of backups the last 2 games.

That was one nasty game. Officials worked hard to keep it close.
              Who??

Comment

Who??
                Ayo and Harrison were already out. Today Keke, D Jackson & Harrison's backup. Can't remember names but a DL and OL also left injured.

Comment

#GoRams
                  Rushing yards, passing yards, total offense, first downs basically dead even. I only got to watch a quarter or so in total and it was a bit of an ugly one. Winning is winning but I'm surprised by your positive attitude here, what did you like Pops? (Not sarcastic)

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Rushing yards, passing yards, total offense, first downs basically dead even. I only got to watch a quarter or so in total and it was a bit of an ugly one. Winning is winning but I'm surprised by your positive attitude here, what did you like Pops? (Not sarcastic)
                    BRO....you didn't watch the game, WTF are you kidding? Angelo MAN-HANDLED them in the trenches. LMFAO.

Stats don't win games.......except in FANTASY football. Do you play that? LMAO....do ya??

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Ayo and Harrison were already out. Today Keke, D Jackson & Harrison's backup. Can't remember names but a DL and OL also left injured.
                      They are OUT for the rest of the season??? HUH??
                      Last edited by ASUPops; 11-02-2019, 11:53 PM.

Comment

BRO....you didn't watch the game, WTF are you kidding? Angelo MAN-HANDLED them in the trenches. LMFAO.

Stats don't win games.......except in FANTASY football. Do you play that? LMAO....do ya??
                        I do not.

I watched about a quarter from mid 1st through mid 2nd and it was just not a very well played game. Adams was without their entire offense with Bitson sitting. I expected a blow out from a much improved Angelo team even before I realized he wasn't dressed, not a struggle until the 4th quarter, that's why I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I do not.

I watched about a quarter from mid 1st through mid 2nd and it was just not a very well played game. Adams was without their entire offense with Bitson sitting. I expected a blow out from a much improved Angelo team even before I realized he wasn't dressed, not a struggle until the 4th quarter, that's why I asked.
                          Angelo had several key players out. The most important factor was STICKING to the run game (even with a 3rd string RB starting). For Angelo to be "improved", as you stated, it is the frame of mind of the OC that is important. We all KNOW Angelo can pass on ANYONE.....that has been their offense for years......but changing from a "one dimensional" offense is what was/is MOST important....and winning in the trenches.

THATS what I am excited about. FINALLY, REAL PROGRESS.....not 5-6/6-5 MEDIOCRE.
                          Last edited by ASUPops; 11-03-2019, 02:00 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Angelo had several hey players out. The most important factor was STICKING to the run game (even with a 3rd string starting). For Angelo to be "improved", as you stated, it is the frame of mind of the OC that us important. We all KNOW Angelo can pass on ANYONE.....that has been their offense for years......but changing from a "one dimensional" offense is what was/is MOST important....and winning in the trenches.

THATS what I am excited about. FINALLY, REAL PROGRESS.....not 5-6/6-5MEDIOCRE.
                            Gotcha, this was more the answer I was originally looking for as I was watching them as a potential 1st round opponent for CSUP. Would be a good game.

Comment

I think we get a couple of those guys back next week. Ayo is going to be pushing it to be back for Commerce. I hadn't gotten an update on the others that went down.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X