Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings

When do the first regional rankings come out? I know there is a poster who typically puts out their own findings. Any idea what they might look like?

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    When do the first regional rankings come out? I know there is a poster who typically puts out their own findings. Any idea what they might look like?
    The first regional rankings are due out later today. As I recall, they're usually released around 3-5pm Eastern (2-4pm Central), but don't quote me on the times.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

The first rankings should be released within a week.

Here are my projected ratings if my opinion matters LOL

1) Tarleton - LSC
      2) Minnesota State - NSIC
      3) Colorado School of Mines - RMAC
      4) CSU Pueblo - RMAC
      5) Angelo State - LSC
      6) Commerce - LSC
      7) Augustana - NSIC
      8) West Texas A&M - LSC
      9) Sioux Falls - NSIC
      10) Dixie State - RMAC

Comment

because it has been a decade since we have been relevant in the playoff discussion at this point in the season, is it top 6 or 8 for the region?

Comment

because it has been a decade since we have been relevant in the playoff discussion at this point in the season, is it top 6 or 8 for the region?
          it's only been 5 years (2014), but if I remember correctly it is the top 7, with #1 getting a first week bye. But there is still a LOT of football left to play.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

it's only been 5 years (2014), but if I remember correctly it is the top 7, with #1 getting a first week bye. But there is still a LOT of football left to play.
            5 years? Seems like 10! Hah. Oh and there is absolutely a ton of football left to be played, just have a reason to be interested in it going into week 9 for the first time in 5 years...got to refresh my memory on how it works!

Comment

There's also a LOT of changes in where the lower seeds end up going to play starting this year as well. Looks like we may not be heading north as much as in the past. It really doesn't matter what seed you are now if you're #5-#8, you're going to the closest team in 1-4. And there's a possibility some teams will be playing out of region teams. Gonna be interesting, and very different.
              Last edited by LionFan; 10-28-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

5 years? Seems like 10! Hah. Oh and there is absolutely a ton of football left to be played, just have a reason to be interested in it going into week 9 for the first time in 5 years...got to refresh my memory on how it works!
                It's understandable why you'd forget the last playoff game Angelo was in.

(Sorry Pops, I had to. Glad I got to see your son play in person, although if I remember correctly he was pretty banged up.)

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                  There's also a LOT of changes in where the lower seeds end up going to play starting this year as well. Looks like we may not be heading north as much as in the past. It really doesn't matter what seed you are now if you're #5-#8, you're going to the closest team in 1-4. And there's a possibility some teams will be playing out of region teams. Gonna be interesting, and very different.
                  Do explain! Is it not a home game for the higher seed? Assuming 1 gets a bye, is it not 2/7, 3/6, 4/5 with all games being at the higher seed?

Comment

Do explain! Is it not a home game for the higher seed? Assuming 1 gets a bye, is it not 2/7, 3/6, 4/5 with all games being at the higher seed?
                    1 gets a bye, 2,3 and 4 host games, after that, everyone else is basically tossed into a bucket, and they look for the closest location for travel, regardless of region or seed, if i understand it right. I believe they will try to keep everyone in their own region, but it may not happen.

It's going to be extremely different than years past. I for one, will love it. I got sick of going to minnesota, michigan or washington every week.

Comment

1 gets a bye, 2,3 and 4 host games, after that, everyone else is basically tossed into a bucket, and they look for the closest location for travel, regardless of region or seed, if i understand it right. I believe they will try to keep everyone in their own region, but it may not happen.

It's going to be extremely different than years past. I for one, will love it. I got sick of going to minnesota, michigan or washington every week.
                      Looks like I came back to the board just in time for the rankings. Good times. Yeah if you lose even 1 game in the past it could put you travelling for the whole playoffs.

Comment

Tweeted out by @ D2Football 24 minutes ago:

First Regional Rankings SR4
                        1. Tarleton State
                        2. Minnesota State
                        3. Colorado Mines
                        4. CSU-Pueblo
                        5. Angelo State
                        6. Texas A&M-Commerce
                        7. Augustana
                        8. Sioux Falls
                        9. Winona State
                        10. West Texas A&M

12:45 PM - 28 Oct 2019

Comment

if TAMC beats WT/UTPB and then beats Angelo, it looks like LSC could get three in?

Comment

if TAMC beats WT/UTPB and then beats Angelo, it looks like LSC could get three in?
                            I think Angelo would be on the outside looking in with another loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I think Angelo would be on the outside looking in with another loss.
                              Augustana has 3 losses, I'm pretty sure Angelo's SOS would be better. Souix Falls has 2, and still has to play Mankato

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X