Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Well there's our first truly bad game of the year, most of it due to an insane amount of people out and hurt. #4 and #5 rbs hurt in this one luckily smalls turned into a rb fourth qtr. Ugly win but it's a w. If any of you guys have any eligibility left, we need warm bodies at this point
    I guess WT played a complete sh** game then. Dropped a TD pass, had a punt blocked for a TD, 3 int with 1 returned for a TD. Commerce had the one fumble I believe but that was it. Not too bad on the penalties. Injuries have bit WT in the arse this year also, a bad run of luck.

Smalls is a really good QB

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo03 View Post

I agree, Gerber is an upgrade but with what WT has to offer I think we should be able to recruit better talent.
        I think it's too soon to give up on Gerber. Commerce obviously figured out some of his flaws, but he's the best we've had in 6 years. However, it is PAST TIME to give up on Gonzalez at kicker. 9 games, 1 short FG, multiple missed kicks. Get someone else, like one of the girl's soccer team members.

I liked WT's effort tonight. There were a lot of positives. Commerce is a really good team, and we stayed with them most of the game. With the same effort we should win the next 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Pops shhhh. I don't want to hear it. Let me believe they have a chance
          Sorry my dude!

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
            Well there's our first truly bad game of the year, most of it due to an insane amount of people out and hurt. #4 and #5 rbs hurt in this one luckily smalls turned into a rb fourth qtr. Ugly win but it's a w. If any of you guys have any eligibility left, we need warm bodies at this point
            NO WAY WT runs on TAMUC like that if not for injuries.

Plus you have a LB running the ball. GEESH!

WT reminds me of Angelo for the previous 5 years. ALMOST there, but just not enough. That is the WORST!

But WTAMU WILL finish 8-3. Like I said preseason a 7-4 season is NOT good enough and figured WT would be in top tier. 8-3, in my opinion, gives Hughes another year. However, if he is not winning or competing for the LSC and making the play-offs next season, TIME TO GO.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

NO WAY WT runs on TAMUC like that if not for injuries.

Plus you have a LB running the ball. GEESH!

WT reminds me of Angelo for the previous 5 years. ALMOST there, but just not enough. That is the WORST!

But WTAMU WILL finish 8-3. Like I said preseason a 7-4 season is NOT good enough and figured WT would be in top tier. 8-3, in my opinion, gives Hughes another year. However, if he is not winning or competing for the LSC and making the play-offs next season, TIME TO GO.
              Hughes was told by our AD he had five years to make the program competitive. Our AD is a man of his word - Hughes will have 5 years.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Hughes was told by our AD he had five years to make the program competitive. Our AD is a man of his word - Hughes will have 5 years.
                I was impressed this year with WT at the wagon wheel game, they came out from the start and played it like the rivalry it has been. Hughes seems to be getting his legs underneath him. we shall see how the rest of this season and next year goes.
                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                  ughes

I think it's too soon to give up on Gerber. Commerce obviously figured out some of his flaws, but he's the best we've had in 6 years. However, it is PAST TIME to give up on Gonzalez at kicker. 9 games, 1 short FG, multiple missed kicks. Get someone else, like one of the girl's soccer team members.

I liked WT's effort tonight. There were a lot of positives. Commerce is a really good team, and we stayed with them most of the game. With the same effort we should win the next 2 games.
                  Not giving up on Gerber. He did not have a good game against the Lions. I do think Wt can recruit a better QB. With the best stadium in D2 and a winning program Hughes should be able to recruit the players he wants,
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Also, from the WT perspective this is only year 2. I know it is actually #3, but most don't know what he walked into. Bad press, along with his public personna, initially made that first year look like his issue. He (1) inherited a major mess, (2) the team GPA took a major dive in prior fall & that was after several improving years, (3) too many players were skipping too many classes. Yes, a large number left WT, but most were with WT & Hughes blessings. Probably less than half a dozen were with regrets.

On the side of the players I suspect most that left were also happy to do so, but the team chemistry & work ethic in practice & off-field has improved drastically since that first year. So I suspect he has at least 2 & maybe more years - the direction of the program is good & expect sustained improvement.
                    Last edited by ras619; 11-03-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

Also, from the WT perspective this is only year 2. I know it is actually #3, but most don't know what he walked into. Bad press, along with his public personna, initially made that first year look like his issue. He (1) inherited a major mess, (2) the team GPA took a major dive in prior fall & that was after several improving years, (3) too many players were skipping too many classes. Yes, a large number left WT, but most were with WT & Hughes blessings. Probably less than half a dozen were with regrets.

On the side of the players I suspect most that left were also happy to do so, but the team chemistry & work ethic in practice & off-field has improved drastically since that first year. So I suspect he has at least 2 & maybe more years - the direction of the program is good & expect sustained improvement.
                      Agree 100%. Nesbitt collapsed when Carthel's players cycled through and he wasn't able to win with his own recruits. All the BS that comes with those types of recruits doesn't fly when the team starts to tailspin. It has been refreshing to see the change in culture and philosophy. An 8-3 finish is way ahead of schedule given the clean up work he had to do. If by the 5th year he hasn't made the playoffs then yeah all bets are off.

Comment

Here's my thoughts, since I just now got home.

Stadium is first class. Great location, great look, great atmosphere. Best I've seen in d2 hands down.

WT is way better than they have been the last handful of years. They are not far off from being in the mix in the playoffs.

I dont like the sit down and be injured strategy we seemed to use somewhat. They might look at that as a rule change. Injured player has to sit out the full posession or something. We undoubtedly used that as a strategy to slow WT momentum a few times.

As injured as we are, Commerce wont be able to run with the big dogs in the post season (if we get there). It is what it is, and we got bit by the bug this year.

The WT fans never fail to amuse me. Every single positive yardage play by commerce was because a ref missed an " obvious hold" and every pass defended by Commerce was " obvious pass interference." They are the same way in football, softball, and basketball. Every. Single. Time. I admire their tenacity.

The first shirt that gets fired from the cannon comes in hot. After the 3rd WT touchdown the cannon dude fired one right at the ladies directly in front of me who were jumping up and down trying to get a shirt. That sucker got fired right at their heads, and they both bailed. I got my hands up in time to prevent a Sport Center "not top 10" with a shirt caroming off my dome and flying back 3 more rows, but was unable to make the catch. I gave it to the loudest of the 2 ladies in front of me after I picked it up.

Also, since I havent seen it noted yet, huge respect and props to the Maroon Platoon who had a "We are Lion Strong" banner unfurled directly behind the Commerce bench as the team took the field in reference to the shooting near campus last week that injured 4 of our students. It was appreciated and classy. Thank You for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post
                          in hopes of having key pieces back in time for ASU. Survive and advance....
                          You WILL need them!!

Comment

Not giving up on Gerber. He did not have a good game against the Lions. I do think Wt can recruit a better QB. With the SELF PROCLAIMED best stadium in D2 and a winning program Hughes should be able to recruit the players he wants,
                            Fixed it for you.

Its NEW....it has some pretty cool bells & whistles, but BEST STADIUM? Ummmm, IDK.

Comment

Has the "new" and "exciting" worn off of the stadium already? You had the LSC game of the week in Canyon on a really nice day (a bit chilly, but for November, not bad) and that stadium was at best half full. Even the ESPN announcers mentioned it several times during the broadcast...you have a nice stadium, a much better team than in previous years, and not many showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                                Has the "new" and "exciting" worn off of the stadium already? You had the LSC game of the week in Canyon on a really nice day (a bit chilly, but for November, not bad) and that stadium was at best half full. Even the ESPN announcers mentioned it several times during the broadcast...you have a nice stadium, a much better team than in previous years, and not many showing up.
                                A lot of WT fans still have their head up their arse about the Carthel firing. I see people still whining about it online frequently. I honestly don't have a good answer... attendance was the highest in 05 - 07 but seemed to decline each year thereafter even under Carthel.

Another thing to consider is they gave tickets away when some of the larger crowds showed up at Kimbrough.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X