Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Ron Harms Win at TAMUK?

What did he do that others haven't?

Well I heard from someone who played for him they got great on the field talent d1 drops or misses with questionable off the field issues (academics, character or otherwise) but, he was great at keeping them in line and leading them.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
      Well I heard from someone who played for him they got great on the field talent d1 drops or misses with questionable off the field issues (academics, character or otherwise) but, he was great at keeping them in line and leading them.

Comment

Comment

He scored more points than the others?
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

He had that pipeline from Huntsville running pretty darn efficiently

Comment

The same way Todd Whitten is winning at Tarleton.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                He had that pipeline from Huntsville running pretty darn efficiently
                Ha ha! I miss the days when we could amass 200 yards in penalties with most of them coming due to unsportsmanlike conduct or late hits and still whoop someone by 49 points. We were the "U" of the small college ranks for sure. Many of those guys have become good and solid citizens, just had some issues when they were younger.

Comment

One of my best friends did his work-study for Fred Neusch (our SID). After a game, Ron Harms went up to the pres box and a couple of reporters were there doing a story. One of the reporters asked him about Johnny Bailey, "How do you coach that kind of speed and quickness?". Harms smiled and said "You don't coach it, you recruit it."

Comment

Fred Neusch was one of the best SIDs ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                      He scored more points than the others?
                      And he did it consistently.

Comment

There's the formula! The past becomes the future. Solid HS recruiting sprinkled with some JC's and Transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
                          What did he do that others haven't?

According to the Abilene Christian school newspaper, "Ron Harms recruits mostly in Texas large inner cities and those Javelinas thug players can not even read and write."

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

According to the Abilene Christian school newspaper, "Ron Harms recruits mostly in Texas large inner cities and those Javelinas thug players can not even read and write."
                            When was this?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas48 View Post

When was this?
                              November 3, 1995 ACU newspaper.

The Hog coaches read the article to all the Javelina players (because supposedly they could not read) before the game. Final score 54-7 Javelinas.

I remember several players screaming "we may not be able to read, but we think the scoreboard says we won."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X