Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ras619 View Post

My hope is that BB will continue using the division for travel partners only so that the overall LSC record is the ranking. Then change the 2020/21 schedule so that everyone plays everyone else one time & the balance leaves 5 OOC games or games in conference that don't count (like MSU this past year). The advantage to this is it makes every single LSC game important & no one gets a short LSC draw within a division. This might even balance out the travel issue so that the DFW teams have some long trips too.
    IMHO, one of the things I like about college sports is the rivalry. WT has one with ENMU and LCU is becoming one in basketball. Playing an opponent one time will not help any rivalry. Not a fan of playing a conference team that doesn't count in the conference standings like we did last year. (MSU) It simply lets that team be better prepared for the next game.

From a purely competitive standpoint, you are correct. I also think playing each team once would give Wt an advantage due to the coaching style of our staff. (multiple defensive sets) I just hope this "short" schedule is not the "new normal."
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-27-2020, 09:00 AM.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• I think Wt has finished reloading the Lady Buffs. We lost three players to graduation and have signed seven. If everyone returns we will have a roster of 17. Our last player is a D1 transfer, she is a PG. After watching all the videos we will have a lot of talent on the team. We will be bigger and more athletic than last year. Coach has said that she wants to hold our opponents to under 50 points a game. With the incoming players and Hightower coming back, I look for the Lady Buffs to be very good.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Any word on WT Lady Buffs recruits? They had better be good. Otherwise next season will be dismal. What about the possibility of a new coach. That would help even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
          Any word on WT Lady Buffs recruits? They had better be good. Otherwise next season will be dismal. What about the possibility of a new coach. That would help even more.
          Well, let's rehash 2020-2021.

1. Before the season started two freshmen recruits, Baylee Fincher and Audrey Shain, used their covid exemption to opt out of the 2020-2021 season. Both, excellent outside shooters and PG's, were being counted on for production.

2. A few games into the season, Delaney Nix, returning 3 year starting junior wing who averaged nearly three 3 pointers per game, dropped out because her father was on death's door with Covid. He's just now, 5 months later, being moved from the hospital to a rehab. We needed Delaney.

3. You could see it. It was obvious. When Abbie Spurgin hit the career 1000 point benchmark.............SHE QUIT PLAYING!!! Then, with four/five games left (I forget exactly) she literally quit the team. Had Senior Abbie played anywhere as well as Junior Abbie played, the season-ending tailspin would have been mitigated. Abbie, who had already graduated, had only one thing on her mind........she wanted to get started on her career as a teacher of little kids. That's it about her in a nutshell. Mattio was better with hitting the floor with 10 girls giving 100% than with 10 girls giving 100% and 1 girl giving maybe (big maybe) 50%. Abbie's lack of effort shattered the locker room/practice floor chemistry for the coaching staff and the team.

4. Mattio has signed Kaintlyn Pivniska, 6'2 post from Yukon, Ok. There are videos of her online. She can step out and hit the 3, score in the paint and finish around the rim.

5. Signee Averee Kleinhans is the "real deal" real deal. 5'9 with a solid frame. She led her Nocona team to the regional finals for the 3rd straight year. She averaged 28 ppg. She played PG. Does it all. Score, rebound, assist, and with stellar D. Talking with Mark K, he said - "SHE'S A BALLER. WT IS LUCKY TO GET HER." He's mentioned that multiple times. Watch her highlight videos. I have. I've also watched full games of her. Had she been on this year's Lady Buff team, IMHO, she'd have been the starting PG, averaged 14, 5 boards, 5 assists, and 2 steals per game. Lexy could have moved over to her wing spot.

Kleinhans could be Mattio's version of a Qua/JoJo combo. K said "she could be a special player,"

6. Depending on who Mattio decides (not) to bring back will effect immediate recruiting for fall 2021.......well, I hope she get's the best players she can, local or wherever? There are a couple local kids I hope she goes after hard. We'll see.

As far as a new coach? Are you serious? Gomez (D2's version of Joe Lombard) is not leaving LCU. He's going to win another NC this year. Joe Lombard is not coming out of semi-retirement.

Have you looked at Mattio's over-all record? Who would you replace her with? Give me a name or maybe you should have a reality check before you replace a coach who will have a 85% or better win rate in her career.

Get a grip. The Lady Buffs are in good hands. Their best days are ahead of them. I predict one of these days we'll get past LCU and win the NC. Good-bye for the Season of the Covid. Good riddance.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-11-2021, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Well, let's rehash 2020-2021.

1. Before the season started two freshmen recruits, Baylee Fincher and Audrey Shain, used their covid exemption to opt out of the 2020-2021 season. Both, excellent outside shooters and PG's, were being counted on for production.

2. A few games into the season, Delaney Nix, returning 3 year starting junior wing who averaged nearly three 3 pointers per game, dropped out because her father was on death's door with Covid. He's just now, 5 months later, being moved from the hospital to a rehab. We needed Delaney.

3. You could see it. It was obvious. When Abbie Spurgin hit the career 1000 point benchmark.............SHE QUIT PLAYING!!! Then, with four/five games left (I forget exactly) she literally quit the team. Had Senior Abbie played anywhere as well as Junior Abbie played, the season-ending tailspin would have been mitigated. Abbie, who had already graduated, had only one thing on her mind........she wanted to get started on her career as a teacher of little kids. That's it about her in a nutshell. Mattio was better with hitting the floor with 10 girls giving 100% than with 10 girls giving 100% and 1 girl giving maybe (big maybe) 50%. Abbie's lack of effort shattered the locker room/practice floor chemistry for the coaching staff and the team.

4. Mattio has signed Kaintlyn Pivniska, 6'2 post from Yukon, Ok. There are videos of her online. She can step out and hit the 3, score in the paint and finish around the rim.

5. Signee Averee Kleinhans is the "real deal" real deal. 5'9 with a solid frame. She led her Nocona team to the regional finals for the 3rd straight year. She averaged 28 ppg. She played PG. Does it all. Score, rebound, assist, and with stellar D. Talking with Mark K, he said - "SHE'S A BALLER. WT IS LUCKY TO GET HER." He's mentioned that multiple times. Watch her highlight videos. I have. I've also watched full games of her. Had she been on this year's Lady Buff team, IMHO, she'd have been the starting PG, averaged 14, 5 boards, 5 assists, and 2 steals per game. Lexy could have moved over to her wing spot.

Kleinhans could be Mattio's version of a Qua/JoJo combo. K said she "could be a special player,"

6. Depending on who Mattio decides (not) to bring back will effect immediate recruiting.......well, I hope she get's the best players she can, local or wherever? There are a couple local kids I hope she goes after hard. We'll see.

As far as a new coach? Are you serious? Gomez (D2's version of Joe Lombard) is not leaving LCU. He's going to win another NC this year. Joe Lombard is not coming out of semi-retirement.

Have you looked at Mattio's over-all record? Who would you replace her with? Give me a name or maybe you should have a reality check before you replace a coach who will have a 85% or better win rate in her career.

Get a grip. The Lady Buffs are in good hands. Their best days are ahead of them. I predict one of these days we'll get past LCU and win the NC. Good-bye for the Season of the Covid. Good riddance.

Comment

• Comment

If I calculated correctly, in 6 seasons Mattio's record is 154-35, 82% win rate. In 5 full seasons, 5 NCAA appearances, 1 regional semifinalist, 3 regional finalists, 1 Elite 8. Last year's truncated season would have probably reached another regional finalist if not another Elite 8. Twice LSC COY in 5 regular seasons.

Fire her!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Comment

• Don't be surprised to see MK get a bigger better gig this year. I just hope we can keep Mattio.

Comment

• I like Krista Gerlich, but Tech screwed up when they let their ego rule their brain. They should have hired Gomez (for less). Surrounded him with a couple of up-and-coming recruiters. He'd have made the AD look like a genius.

Kellogg spent 2 years at WT. He'll be a Conference USA or Big 12 HC pretty damn soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Don't be surprised to see MK get a bigger better gig this year. I just hope we can keep Mattio.

Comment

• I'm not sure Tarleton can afford Mark. With bonus money, I bet he'll gross somewhere in the $225K plus this season.

Comment

• Comment

• I think it's up to Mr. McBroom and Dr. Wendler. Ms. Mattio serves at their discretion.

I was right when I said that the road to the women's NC this season will go through Canyon.

Comment

• Comment

• All the talk about WT WBB( I did not think it would get a life of its own), but what about those Buffs! Four LSC MBB titles, 3 LSC all-tournament players(and not one a senior). Two DII all-americans, I do not know how many wins the last 4 to 5 years. Starting line-up with no seniors. Hey, let's give the coaches and players some credit and Go Buffs!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X