Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're apparent hatred of Mattio seems to exceed your common sense and inability to read. Go to gobuffsgo.com, go to women's basketball, open up the roster link.......and read. The roster is correct with the exception of Aminita Dosso, who has entered the portal. 6 returners. IMHO, there are some pretty good basketball players there. Sienna Linz will be back at full speed from an injury season. Lauren Taylor, transfer last year who is a very solid kid, underperformed I'm IMOm but great upside. Madison Kast will be better. Both those girls got a free transfer year. Macaulry McGregor played very well at times as a RS freshman. Freshman Jillian Sowell started last year. Very good player. Gonna be a real good one. Freshman Jayla Burgess will be a real talent on the court. That's 6 pretty good ones. Add in the 7 kids who signed official LOI's and the plate is set for a new coach to add his spice recipe and put it in the oven. All those kids are on the official roster at gobuffsgo.com for anyone to see. Even you.

Since Coach Mattio has left for a D1 gig, I'm going to ask her forgiveness, and share some of her conversations with me. Have you had any conversations with her? Or multiple weekly texts? Hmm. I'm surprised if you haven't because you seem to know sooooo much about Lady Buff basketball.

I remember a call we had about 2 weeks ago. We discussed the new transfers coming in. She was very excited about this coming fall and the new team. I asked several questions about them. Coach Mattio said she couldn't wait to get her hands on them and start molding them into Lady Buffs. Then things went silent after Friday April 30. I didn't pay much attention to it till I saw the notice of her new job.

Again, if you ever read this Kristen, I apologize for sharing a little of what has always been confidential conversation between us. I really hope you don't mind.
    Coach Mattio called me first thing Saturday morning. Did you get a call? It was a bittersweet exchange. She mentioned that the move was unexpected. She was not looking for a new job. It came looking for her. It happened quick. Despite looking forward to a new challenge, she was very sad (more than she ever imagined she would be) to say goodbye to her kids, her new WT recruits, her close fans and supporters, and everyone else that has been like family to her.

Well, for me, that puts an end to the WT Mattio chapter. I'll be looking forward to backing the new coach 100%. Go Lady Buffs! And Buffs!

Please share anything you can from your call with Coach. Seeing as how you are so well informed.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-11-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

You and I must be looking at different rosters. There is good returning talent. Five incoming D1 players and good freshman. With 13 players on the roster, there will be healthy competition for playing time. IMHO Wt should be in the top 3 teams in the LSC and top five in the region. We will have quality depth, which we did not have last year. You need to remember Delaney left due to a family situation, a father with Covid, not because she was unhappy. Can't fault Lexy for going to Tech. she will be missed. Braylon will not be missed. It should tell you something that she is going to an NAIA school. I think the next hire will probably be an established winner at the D2 level.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

You're apparent hatred of Mattio seems to exceed your common sense and inability to read. Go to gobuffsgo.com, go to women's basketball, open up the roster link.......and read. The roster is correct with the exception of Aminita Dosso, who has entered the portal. 6 returners. IMHO, there are some pretty good basketball players there. Sienna Linz will be back at full speed from an injury season. Lauren Taylor, transfer last year who is a very solid kid, underperformed I'm IMOm but great upside. Madison Kast will be better. Both those girls got a free transfer year. Macaulry McGregor played very well at times as a RS freshman. Freshman Jillian Sowell started last year. Very good player. Gonna be a real good one. Freshman Jayla Burgess will be a real talent on the court. That's 6 pretty good ones. Add in the 7 kids who signed official LOI's and the plate is set for a new coach to add his spice recipe and put it in the oven. All those kids are on the official roster at gobuffsgo.com for anyone to see. Even you.

Since Coach Mattio has left for a D1 gig, I'm going to ask her forgiveness, and share some of her conversations with me. Have you had any conversations with her? Or multiple weekly texts? Hmm. I'm surprised if you haven't because you seem to know sooooo much about Lady Buff basketball.

I remember a call we had about 2 weeks ago. We discussed the new transfers coming in. She was very excited about this coming fall and the new team. I asked several questions about them. Coach Mattio said she couldn't wait to get her hands on them and start molding them into Lady Buffs. Then things went silent after Friday April 30. I didn't pay much attention to it till I saw the notice of her new job.

Again, if you ever read this Kristen, I apologize for sharing a little of what has always been confidential conversation between us. I really hope you don't mind.
        Coach Mattio called me first thing Saturday morning. Did you get a call? It was a bittersweet exchange. She mentioned that the move was unexpected. She was not looking for a new job. It came looking for her. It happened quick. Despite looking forward to a new challenge, she was very sad (more than she ever imagined she would be) to say goodbye to her kids, her new WT recruits, her close fans and supporters, and everyone else that has been like family to her.

Well, for me, that puts an end to the WT Mattio chapter. I'll be looking forward to backing the new coach 100%. Go Lady Buffs! And Buffs!

Please share anything you can from your call with Coach. Seeing as how you are so well informed.

Comment

• Let's get together and compare cards someday. You may know a hellavu lot more than I do. I'd be the 2nd to admit it. My wife's the first. PM me.

Sorry if I got snarky.

If I wasn't currently paralyzed, I'd head up to Pueblo and get me some good weed or edibles. I researched weed for paraplegics. Some of those strains that claim benefits like "tingly, relaxing, calming, pain-reducing," sound pretty enticing! I've never done weed, but I'd seriously consider it in the future. Especially before I come on this message board.
          Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-11-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Let's get together and compare cards someday. You may know a hellavu lot more than I do. I'd be the 2nd to admit it. My wife's the first. PM me.

Sorry if I got snarky.

If I wasn't currently paralyzed, I'd head up to Pueblo and get me some good weed or edibles. I researched weed for paraplegics. Some of those strains that claim benefits like "tingly, relaxing, calming, pain-reducing," sound pretty enticing! I've never done weed, but I'd seriously consider it in the future. Especially before I come on this message board.
            I was in Washington state last summer and decided to give it a try. I don't smoke, so I bought a cookie. Since I've heard they are a lot stronger than you think, I only ate 1/3 of the cookie. I could feel it, but my back pain did not improve. So a few days later I ate the other 2/3 of the cookie. I could definitely feel that! Sadly in the morning, my back still hurt.

That's the only time I've ever tried any illegal drug - except that it isn't illegal in Washington. Nice place too, with young scantily clad babes helping me with my selection. They have quite a lot of options, including drinks that are MUCH stronger than the cookie.

Comment

• Of the five D1 transfers, two of them were recruited by Wt out of high school and let the "bright lights" get to them. The PG and the Post will be an upgrade in talent.
              I have had a current LSC coach tell me the Tarleton girl is just a small version of Parker. Don't know much about the other girls. Time will tell.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I was in Washington state last summer and decided to give it a try. I don't smoke, so I bought a cookie. Since I've heard they are a lot stronger than you think, I only ate 1/3 of the cookie. I could feel it, but my back pain did not improve. So a few days later I ate the other 2/3 of the cookie. I could definitely feel that! Sadly in the morning, my back still hurt.

That's the only time I've ever tried any illegal drug - except that it isn't illegal in Washington. Nice place too, with young scantily clad babes helping me with my selection. They have quite a lot of options, including drinks that are MUCH stronger than the cookie.
                You faucking junkie!!!!

Comment

• FYI, on gobuffsgo web-site they have the roster posted for the upcoming season. PS Chip, Iam getting a stimuator for my back and nerve pain. Hope it works

Comment

• A new coach will be announced soon. He or she will evaluate the current WT returnees and it won't take long to determine that the cupboard is empty for the Lady Buffs. He/she will have to bring in some of his/her own recruits for the Lady Buffs to be better than mid-pack in the LSC next season. I have no idea about the talent of the new ones Mattio recruited. Question: Will Mattio's recruits still come to WT or go with her? If they are really that good and she recruited them, wouldn't they want to follow her to UNC?

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                      A new coach will be announced soon. He or she will evaluate the current WT returnees and it won't take long to determine that the cupboard is empty for the Lady Buffs. He/she will have to bring in some of his/her own recruits for the Lady Buffs to be better than mid-pack in the LSC next season. I have no idea about the talent of the new ones Mattio recruited. Question: Will Mattio's recruits still come to WT or go with her? If they are really that good and she recruited them, wouldn't they want to follow her to UNC?
                      I could be wrong on this. It is my understanding if a player signs an LOI they can not play for another school. I think all of the "new" Players signed one. (not sure, the incoming freshman had to) If that is true the roster on the website will be playing for Wt.

I still don't understand why you think the girls that are here have no talent. It was lack of depth that hurt Wt last year, not lack of talent.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I could be wrong on this. It is my understanding if a player signs an LOI they can not play for another school. I think all of the "new" Players signed one. (not sure, the incoming freshman had to) If that is true the roster on the website will be playing for Wt.

I still don't understand why you think the girls that are here have no talent. It was lack of depth that hurt Wt last year, not lack of talent.
                        Different sport, same idea. When Coach Mook came to WT he brought 4-5 of his recruits from his old school, plus pitcher Emilee Wilson who had won 19 game for Mook at the old school.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                          A new coach will be announced soon. He or she will evaluate the current WT returnees and it won't take long to determine that the cupboard is empty for the Lady Buffs. He/she will have to bring in some of his/her own recruits for the Lady Buffs to be better than mid-pack in the LSC next season. I have no idea about the talent of the new ones Mattio recruited. Question: Will Mattio's recruits still come to WT or go with her? If they are really that good and she recruited them, wouldn't they want to follow her to UNC?
                          Once the LOI is signed is official. A player can set out a year and transfer. A school can let a player out of the LOI. Our AD will not do that. He has said the player signs with WT not the coach.

Comment

Different sport, same idea. When Coach Mook came to WT he brought 4-5 of his recruits from his old school, plus pitcher Emilee Wilson who had won 19 game for Mook at the old school.
                            NAIA rules are not NCAA rules. Mook could do that coming from NAIA.

Comment

Yeah I have tried those in the past too. It did minimum for the pain but the huge benefit for me was taking care of my anxiety which can be crippling at times.

Comment

• I still don't understand why you think the girls that are here have no talent. It was lack of depth that hurt Wt last year, not lack of talent.

Sorry to disagree. The talent was indeed lacking. But the even worse coaching didn't help. I am just one of many who now are excited about the future of Lady Buffs basketball. LCU will probably still be at the top of the LSC for next season if for no other reason than just good recruiting. Let's hope the new WT coach can match that and coach as well as Gomez.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X