Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post

Sorry to disagree. The talent was indeed lacking. But the even worse coaching didn't help. I am just one of many who now are excited about the future of Lady Buffs basketball. LCU will probably still be at the top of the LSC for next season if for no other reason than just good recruiting. Let's hope the new WT coach can match that and coach as well as Gomez.
    Well, it stands to reason that if last year's team was lacking in talent so will next year's team. After all, they were recruited by the same coach. I guess time will tell. I am going to make a note so I will not forget. (oldbuff - Wt WBB is lacking in talent. 05/12/21)
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Well, it stands to reason that if last year's team was lacking in talent so will next year's team. After all, they were recruited by the same coach. I guess time will tell. I am going to make a note so I will not forget. (oldbuff - Wt WBB is lacking in talent. 05/12/21)
      Right you are. And as I said, poor coaching made it worse. But with a new coach who will hopefully inspire rather than frustrate and who can make decisions under pressure rather than stand with her finger in her mouth, the returnees may actually exhibit more talent than they've shown. We don't know about the recruits (assuming they show up), but let's hope they are better than recent recruits. LCU will still be hard to beat next season regardless. But with Mattio gone, there are so many fans now excited about the future of Lady Buffs basketball. Eager to hear who the new coach will be, but it will take time to rebuild. Go Buffs!!

Comment

Right you are. And as I said, poor coaching made it worse. But with a new coach who will hopefully inspire rather than frustrate and who can make decisions under pressure rather than stand with her finger in her mouth, the returnees may actually exhibit more talent than they've shown. We don't know about the recruits (assuming they show up), but let's hope they are better than recent recruits. LCU will still be hard to beat next season regardless. But with Mattio gone, there are so many fans now excited about the future of Lady Buffs basketball. Eager to hear who the new coach will be, but it will take time to rebuild. Go Buffs!!
        Rebuild is certainly not the scenario the next coach is facing as you say. That's just a dumb statement.

Comment

• Rebuild is certainly not the scenario the next coach is facing as you say. That's just a dumb statement.]

Nothing dumb about it. Top 4 players are gone (Hightower, Spurgin, Nix & Dollar). Rest of returnees are marginal at best. New recruits are an unknown. So face reality: it's a rebuild; certainly not a reload.

Comment

Nothing dumb about it. Top 4 players are gone (Hightower, Spurgin, Nix & Dollar). Rest of returnees are marginal at best. New recruits are an unknown. So face reality: it's a rebuild; certainly not a reload.
            I hear the Kleinhans girl, incoming recruit from Nocona, wowed 'em at the Texas high school all-star game. She's the one a former WT HC and current D1 HC personally told me "She's a baller," "I don't believe WT was able to get her," "You're really gonna like her."

Oh well, what the hell does he know?

Comment

• I hear the Kleinhans girl, incoming recruit from Nocona, wowed 'em at the Texas high school all-star game. She's the one a former WT HC and current D1 HC personally told me "She's a baller," "I don't believe WT was able to get her," "You're really gonna like her."

Oh well, what the hell does he know?
              Well, if she's that good, the new coach should be able to start the rebuild.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Rebuild is certainly not the scenario the next coach is facing as you say. That's just a dumb statement.
                I'm glad to see someone who thinks as I do, I was afraid my maroon glasses were dirty.

Comment

• No news on the coaching front, I guess nobody wants to coach a team lacking in talent.

Comment

• [QUOTENo news on the coaching front, I guess nobody wants to coach a team lacking in talent.][/QUOTE]

Yes, it will be a challenge. However, assuming the new coach is better at inspiring players rather than frustrating them and can make pressure decisions, he or she hopefully can make something out of what Mattio left. And if the new recruits are as good as BC claims and the new coach can bring along some of his/her own recruits, the Lady Buffs will be much better than they would have been had Mattio stayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                      No news on the coaching front, I guess nobody wants to coach a team lacking in talent.
                      I've heard thru the grapevine that interest in the job is very high. Some "exceptional" coaches have interviewed. Don't expect an announcement this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I've heard thru the grapevine that interest in the job is very high. Some "exceptional" coaches have interviewed. Don't expect an announcement this week.
                        Out of curiosity, what's the pay range for the job?

Comment

I look for an announcement on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Out of curiosity, what's the pay range for the job?
                            Hmmm. For the right "exceptional" coach, I would think $100K to $110K.

Comment

• Has Lacy's Mom applied? https://www.facebook.com/NewsChannel...57744380705426

Comment

Hmmm. For the right "exceptional" coach, I would think $100K to $110K.
                                If we could get College Station to chip in $200,000 a year we could get Mark Kellogg back - LOL

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X