Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldbuff
    replied
    I really don't understand your comments about "latent" talent. The returning players have excellent talent and basketball IQ. I will admit that the previous system did not allow players to optimize their talent. Coach Procks system is much more "free-flowing." He also brings his PG with him. She will be the best PG in the Lone Star. Very high basketball IQ. Don't be concerned about a lack of talent. I seriously doubt that there will be a big gap in talent in the top 3 or 4 LSC teams, of which Wt will be one.
    Latent means "a quality existing but not yet developed....". So you just said what I meant in my statement. If there is real talent there, it didn't show under Mattio. Hopefully Prock and his system can bring it out in the holdovers. At least maybe he can make decisions under pressure and they won't be as frustrated as they were with Mattio's inability to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    I really don't understand your comments about "latent" talent. The returning players have excellent talent and basketball IQ. I will admit that the previous system did not allow players to optimize their talent. Coach Procks system is much more "free-flowing." He also brings his PG with him. She will be the best PG in the Lone Star. Very high basketball IQ. Don't be concerned about a lack of talent. I seriously doubt that there will be a big gap in talent in the top 3 or 4 LSC teams, of which Wt will be one.
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 07-31-2021, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Hey Old Buff - Another local girl, Kayla Kane from Wellington. Class of 2022 got a commitment. How about a love for our new coach??

Leave a comment:

• Forever WT BUFF
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    I have had the opportunity to talk to Coach Prock. First of all, what you see is what you get, very open. Very easy to like and get along with. As far as basketball is concerned, he likes our core players; Lenz, Burgess, Sowell, and Taylor. He has some players that will be joining him. A point guard, post player, Juco transfer, and a high school recruit. The Juco averaged 19 ppg last year. Prefers a man-to-man defense. Has stated that his offence will be much more free-flowing, not as pattern dependent. The Lady Buffs are in good hands. IMHO, we will see an improvement in every area of the game with Coach Prock

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    Hey oldbuff---Prock has offered TaylorThomas of Canyon High School - feel better??
    Yep! Don't know much about her, but being from Canyon, I bet she can play. I also heard Prock is after a couple of other local ones.
    Last edited by oldbuff; 07-12-2021, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Hey oldbuff---Prock has offered TaylorThomas of Canyon High School - feel better??

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    The updated roster is on the website: GOBUFFSGO

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    I have had the opportunity to talk to Coach Prock. First of all, what you see is what you get, very open. Very easy to like and get along with. As far as basketball is concerned, he likes our core players; Lenz, Burgess, Sowell, and Taylor. He has some players that will be joining him. A point guard, post player, Juco transfer, and a high school recruit. The Juco averaged 19 ppg last year. Prefers a man-to-man defense. Has stated that his offence will be much more free-flowing, not as pattern dependent. The Lady Buffs are in good hands. IMHO, we will see an improvement in every area of the game with Coach Prock

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    As I looked at the Wt roster this morning there have been some changes. Most notably the 6'3" post from Tarlton is no longer listed. She was recruited by Kristin out of HS. No surprise she's not coming. There are some others that I don't recall also not on the roster. As of now, Wt needs a big girl. Maybe our new coach will have some contacts to get one.

It looks to me that the transfer portal has changed the landscape of recurring, and not for the better. IMHO most coaches will go for the one or two-year player instead of incoming freshmen. That's not a change I like. You spend time, effort, and money on a player and another team gets the rewards.
    Yeah its a joke. The transfer portal is killing small to mid level majors especially the schools that make the NCAA tournament. The power 5 schools already have the advantage in recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    As I looked at the Wt roster this morning there have been some changes. Most notably the 6'3" post from Tarlton is no longer listed. She was recruited by Kristin out of HS. No surprise she's not coming. There are some others that I don't recall also not on the roster. As of now, Wt needs a big girl. Maybe our new coach will have some contacts to get one.

It looks to me that the transfer portal has changed the landscape of recurring, and not for the better. IMHO most coaches will go for the one or two-year player instead of incoming freshmen. That's not a change I like. You spend time, effort, and money on a player and another team gets the rewards.
    Yeah the post from Tarleton followed Mattio to Colorado.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    I was able to attend the presser for Coach Prock. I am very impressed. I was able to have a brief conversation with him. He has a clear sense of direction for Wt Lady Buffs and understands the history and tradition of the program. Several of the players and one of the incoming freshmen were also there. The Lady Buffs are in good hands and the future is bright. In a word, he is a winner on and off the court.

As a side note for oldbuff: The following quote may not be word for word correct, however, you will understand the intent. "We are going to build a fence around the Panhandle of Texas. I am not going to let other schools come in and get my girls."

We will see how this works out.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    I've noticed Prock's ENMU rosters are chock full of 1 and 2 year transfers. AD McBroom sees transfers as only a last resort to fill immediate needs. He prefers 4/5 year kids (except in baseball which is a separate animal all together). Will Prock continue with the transfer fest or head for the high schools?

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    [QUOTEI am really not interested in where a girl is from. If you're interested in local girls-go to high school games.][/QUOTE]

I couldn't care less either.......as long as they are good and win. That's the point. Look at LCU's roster. 12 of 16 girls were from Lubbock north and what has LCU done: beat the Lady Buffs like a drum, dominated LSC and won NC. So why not go after good local girls (unlike Mattio who either couldn't or wouldn't recruit them).
    Last edited by oldbuff; 05-31-2021, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X