Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    I am really not interested in where a girl is from. If you're interested in local girls-go to high school games.

Leave a comment:

• exbuff72
    replied
    Well, go look at Tx Tech's roster. At least we keep them in the same country.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

IMHO this is a good hire. Time will tell if it is a great hire. He has produced winners everywhere he has been. The last two times we played ENMU the difference in the game was we had Lexy and he didn't. The girls play hard from him and he makes good in-game decisions. I am looking forward to watching the Lady Buffs. According to oldbuff he will not have any talent to work with, guess we will be lucky to be .500
    Yep! The talent is a concern but Prock probably knows that. It appears he has shown the ability to produce winners. So if he is able to motivate players and make pressure decisions, both of which his predecessor could not do, then perhaps some latent talent will emerge from the returnees. But he will still need to recruit better and hopefully be able to lure some local talent to WT that LCU has monopolized. You bet. Optimism returns for Lady Buffs basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Boohaha
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    IMHO this is a good hire. Time will tell if it is a great hire. He has produced winners everywhere he has been. The last two times we played ENMU the difference in the game was we had Lexy and he didn't. The girls play hard from him and he makes good in-game decisions. I am looking forward to watching the Lady Buffs. According to oldbuff he will not have any talent to work with, guess we will be lucky to be .500
    An absolute great hire. Josh is a great coach and an even better person.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-30-2021, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I don't know much about him...is he an upgrade from Mattio or a lateral hire?
    I think he's done a very good job at Portales. Emphasis on PORTALES. I bet his ENMU budget is a dwarf compared to what he'll have to work with in Canyon. He's recruited well. He's had a winner where winning programs have been few and far between.

I would say on the face of it it's a safe hire. But if you dig a bit deeper, Prock was very successful at Howard Payne, something like 130-30 before he went to Eastern. He beat LCU two years ago at home, 69-68.

I predict it'll be more of the same.....LCU and WT fighting it out with Commerce trailing them. I'd make book that McBroom wouldn't have hired Prock if he didn't believe Prock could stop the stranglehold LCU and Gomez have had on the LSC. We'll just have to see how he does.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    I don't know much about him...is he an upgrade from Mattio or a lateral hire?

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    NM
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-29-2021, 10:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JavsFan
    replied
    Josh Prock announced that he will be departing from his role as the head coach of the Eastern New Mexico women's basketball program to become the West Texas A&M women's basketball head coach.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I've heard thru the grapevine that interest in the job is very high. Some "exceptional" coaches have interviewed. Don't expect an announcement this week.
    The posting period ends today at 5 p.m. We should hear something soon.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied

Hmmm. For the right "exceptional" coach, I would think $100K to $110K.
    If we could get College Station to chip in $200,000 a year we could get Mark Kellogg back - LOL

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Has Lacy's Mom applied? https://www.facebook.com/NewsChannel...57744380705426

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Out of curiosity, what's the pay range for the job?
    Hmmm. For the right "exceptional" coach, I would think $100K to $110K.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied

I've heard thru the grapevine that interest in the job is very high. Some "exceptional" coaches have interviewed. Don't expect an announcement this week.
    I look for an announcement on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied

Out of curiosity, what's the pay range for the job?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X