X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    No news on the coaching front, I guess nobody wants to coach a team lacking in talent.
    I've heard thru the grapevine that interest in the job is very high. Some "exceptional" coaches have interviewed. Don't expect an announcement this week.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    [QUOTENo news on the coaching front, I guess nobody wants to coach a team lacking in talent.][/QUOTE]

Yes, it will be a challenge. However, assuming the new coach is better at inspiring players rather than frustrating them and can make pressure decisions, he or she hopefully can make something out of what Mattio left. And if the new recruits are as good as BC claims and the new coach can bring along some of his/her own recruits, the Lady Buffs will be much better than they would have been had Mattio stayed.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    No news on the coaching front, I guess nobody wants to coach a team lacking in talent.

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Rebuild is certainly not the scenario the next coach is facing as you say. That's just a dumb statement.
    I'm glad to see someone who thinks as I do, I was afraid my maroon glasses were dirty.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    I hear the Kleinhans girl, incoming recruit from Nocona, wowed 'em at the Texas high school all-star game. She's the one a former WT HC and current D1 HC personally told me "She's a baller," "I don't believe WT was able to get her," "You're really gonna like her."

Oh well, what the hell does he know?
    Well, if she's that good, the new coach should be able to start the rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by oldbuff View Post

Nothing dumb about it. Top 4 players are gone (Hightower, Spurgin, Nix & Dollar). Rest of returnees are marginal at best. New recruits are an unknown. So face reality: it's a rebuild; certainly not a reload.
    I hear the Kleinhans girl, incoming recruit from Nocona, wowed 'em at the Texas high school all-star game. She's the one a former WT HC and current D1 HC personally told me "She's a baller," "I don't believe WT was able to get her," "You're really gonna like her."

Oh well, what the hell does he know?

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    Rebuild is certainly not the scenario the next coach is facing as you say. That's just a dumb statement.]

Nothing dumb about it. Top 4 players are gone (Hightower, Spurgin, Nix & Dollar). Rest of returnees are marginal at best. New recruits are an unknown. So face reality: it's a rebuild; certainly not a reload.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied

Right you are. And as I said, poor coaching made it worse. But with a new coach who will hopefully inspire rather than frustrate and who can make decisions under pressure rather than stand with her finger in her mouth, the returnees may actually exhibit more talent than they've shown. We don't know about the recruits (assuming they show up), but let's hope they are better than recent recruits. LCU will still be hard to beat next season regardless. But with Mattio gone, there are so many fans now excited about the future of Lady Buffs basketball. Eager to hear who the new coach will be, but it will take time to rebuild. Go Buffs!!
    Rebuild is certainly not the scenario the next coach is facing as you say. That's just a dumb statement.

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    Well, it stands to reason that if last year's team was lacking in talent so will next year's team. After all, they were recruited by the same coach. I guess time will tell. I am going to make a note so I will not forget. (oldbuff - Wt WBB is lacking in talent. 05/12/21)
    Right you are. And as I said, poor coaching made it worse. But with a new coach who will hopefully inspire rather than frustrate and who can make decisions under pressure rather than stand with her finger in her mouth, the returnees may actually exhibit more talent than they've shown. We don't know about the recruits (assuming they show up), but let's hope they are better than recent recruits. LCU will still be hard to beat next season regardless. But with Mattio gone, there are so many fans now excited about the future of Lady Buffs basketball. Eager to hear who the new coach will be, but it will take time to rebuild. Go Buffs!!

Leave a comment:

• Great White Buffalo
    replied

Sorry to disagree. The talent was indeed lacking. But the even worse coaching didn't help. I am just one of many who now are excited about the future of Lady Buffs basketball. LCU will probably still be at the top of the LSC for next season if for no other reason than just good recruiting. Let's hope the new WT coach can match that and coach as well as Gomez.
    Well, it stands to reason that if last year's team was lacking in talent so will next year's team. After all, they were recruited by the same coach. I guess time will tell. I am going to make a note so I will not forget. (oldbuff - Wt WBB is lacking in talent. 05/12/21)

Leave a comment:

• oldbuff
    replied
    I still don't understand why you think the girls that are here have no talent. It was lack of depth that hurt Wt last year, not lack of talent.

Sorry to disagree. The talent was indeed lacking. But the even worse coaching didn't help. I am just one of many who now are excited about the future of Lady Buffs basketball. LCU will probably still be at the top of the LSC for next season if for no other reason than just good recruiting. Let's hope the new WT coach can match that and coach as well as Gomez.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I was in Washington state last summer and decided to give it a try. I don't smoke, so I bought a cookie. Since I've heard they are a lot stronger than you think, I only ate 1/3 of the cookie. I could feel it, but my back pain did not improve. So a few days later I ate the other 2/3 of the cookie. I could definitely feel that! Sadly in the morning, my back still hurt.

That's the only time I've ever tried any illegal drug - except that it isn't illegal in Washington. Nice place too, with young scantily clad babes helping me with my selection. They have quite a lot of options, including drinks that are MUCH stronger than the cookie.
    Yeah I have tried those in the past too. It did minimum for the pain but the huge benefit for me was taking care of my anxiety which can be crippling at times.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Different sport, same idea. When Coach Mook came to WT he brought 4-5 of his recruits from his old school, plus pitcher Emilee Wilson who had won 19 game for Mook at the old school.
    NAIA rules are not NCAA rules. Mook could do that coming from NAIA.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    A new coach will be announced soon. He or she will evaluate the current WT returnees and it won't take long to determine that the cupboard is empty for the Lady Buffs. He/she will have to bring in some of his/her own recruits for the Lady Buffs to be better than mid-pack in the LSC next season. I have no idea about the talent of the new ones Mattio recruited. Question: Will Mattio's recruits still come to WT or go with her? If they are really that good and she recruited them, wouldn't they want to follow her to UNC?
    Once the LOI is signed is official. A player can set out a year and transfer. A school can let a player out of the LOI. Our AD will not do that. He has said the player signs with WT not the coach.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

I could be wrong on this. It is my understanding if a player signs an LOI they can not play for another school. I think all of the "new" Players signed one. (not sure, the incoming freshman had to) If that is true the roster on the website will be playing for Wt.

I still don't understand why you think the girls that are here have no talent. It was lack of depth that hurt Wt last year, not lack of talent.
    Different sport, same idea. When Coach Mook came to WT he brought 4-5 of his recruits from his old school, plus pitcher Emilee Wilson who had won 19 game for Mook at the old school.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X