Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT WBB

I have noticed in WT's box scores,that Lexy Hightower has not played in any of the games. Does anyone have any info?

Injured
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
      I have noticed in WT's box scores,that Lexy Hightower has not played in any of the games. Does anyone have any info?
      Im sure that's McBrooms fault to right?

Comment

wow. how long will she be out?

Comment

I heard she will be out 2 months. It it's that long, I hope she takes a medical redshirt and comes back next year. What a loss and I hate it for her.

Comment

It's a foot injury, the time frame is 6-8 Weeks. Someone will need to step up or it will be a disappointing season.
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Scoring is more balanced. Nix is shooting more which is a good thing. Dollar is a match-up problem for other teams. Soph. Ella Felkins has yet to see action, (injury)
              At 6-3 she is a backup post. Dollar has been getting time at post, however, she is undersized. The team defense is better. Without Lexy, we are a middle of the pack team.
              Cosgrove has been a surprise. Playing well at point. We still need someone to fill the leadership role on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                Scoring is more balanced. Nix is shooting more which is a good thing. Dollar is a match-up problem for other teams. Soph. Ella Felkins has yet to see action, (injury)
                At 6-3 she is a backup post. Dollar has been getting time at post, however, she is undersized. The team defense is better. Without Lexy, we are a middle of the pack team.
                Cosgrove has been a surprise. Playing well at point. We still need someone to fill the leadership role on the court.
                At least ASU will not be a problem for you this year. New coach and no Marquita Daniels. I heard a lot of 1a high schools tried to pad their schedule by scheduling ASU

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

At least ASU will not be a problem for you this year. New coach and no Marquita Daniels. I heard a lot of 1a high schools tried to pad their schedule by scheduling ASU
                  Nice try - You can use your sand on your driveway.
                  "D" is back & some really good transfers. One from Texas Tech who will be an impact player

Comment

We are learning how to play without Hightower. Edged out a very average Central Oklahoma team tonight.

ENMU up next - unless they have taken a step backward, Wt will be hard-pressed to win this one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                        . Is there anyway Tom Brown could coach the women, too?
                        I hope not - run the court and throw up the first 30-foot jump shot you get - no thanks. Girls offense is the same one Mark Kellogg has used and is still using. Last year Wt had two girls that could create their own shot. Hightower & Taylor. Hightower is out and Taylor is graduated. The current team has good/great shooters. (Nix) We need someone that can create their own shot. Lenz looks like that player. Dollar is learning how to play facing the basket and is the best athlete on the team. If you will remember Wt made the run that won the game with Dollar at the post and Lenz playing point. Ella Felkins, who was cleared to play Friday, will give Wt some help at post. She is a 6'3" D1 transfer. We are in the toughest division of the LSC. Everyone will take their lumps this year. If Lenz can fill the leadership role while Lexy is out (maybe for the year) Wt will win a lot of games. BTW - I have been to several practices. While the offensive set is the same, the plays run out of that set are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                          We are learning how to play without Hightower. Edged out a very average Central Oklahoma team tonight.

ENMU up next - unless they have taken a step backward, Wt will be hard-pressed to win this one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                              just wrong coach.
                              So who do you think we should have??

Mattio's record is 112-23 for an 83% winning percentage. Two Time COY. The girls play hard for her. She recruits well, has a high graduation rate and a high team GPA.
                              She represents the University well and is an individual with high integrity. The only better coach would have been to keep Mark.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X