Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Here's my problem with Tom Brown and his system, Ten seconds left in the game, Wt down 1 with the ball. I like our chances.
    Reverse that and give the ball to the other team, I don't like our chances of winning. The men can not get a stop when they need it.

If you want to watch how Basketball should be played, drive 100 miles south and watch Tech's men team. That's how the game should be played.
    Good defense and quality shots. Not throwing up 30 ft. jump shots and taking more shots than the other team.

I will admit to being biased. Know Mattio personally and have had the privilege of helping her recruit some of the players. Class act, unquestioned integrity.
    She loves the sport and the players. IMHO - she is a great fit for Wt,

Comment

Here, here!!!

And they have done it with kids who are on campus 4 or 5 years (and get a degree) , not 1 or maybe 2 years at the most.

I told a friend that there are at least 3 players on this year's team that are as good as, or will be as good as, David Chavlovich. And we have a big guy that can actually stay on the floor a few minutes.

When Tom and his crew were hired, one of the old-time supporters, made the comment that he wouldn't be back because he didn't like the kind of "boys" that Tom recruited. And he hasn't been to one game. I guess he doesn't like those winners that Tom, Chris and Quincy seem to attract to the program.
      Last edited by GoBuffsGo; 11-27-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post

Man at least you said you are biased in all of this. Also its against NCAA rules to recruit players if you are not on a coaching staff, so I hope you are, otherwise you have committed a secondary NCAA violation and WT athletics should be reporting these to the NCAA.

You going after WT mens basketball and how they play is hilarious. Jealous much that someone has come in and done a better job than the women's team? Last year WT defense was pretty damn good. Now year to year they have not always been as strong on defense but they had to play the cards they were dealt when they showed up which was 3 kids left on a team that was near the bottom of the LSC. So in 5 years they have come in and done what not many other coaching staffs can do. I guess winning doesn't matter to you but just how many points you give up. But last I checked if you score more points than the other team you still win the game, has that changed? According to what they have done by scoring more than the other team they have done pretty well. . . .
        I am reasonably certain that GWB had nothing to do with recruiting any of the Lady Buff players - I suspect he got the same opportunity as most of us in that he was introduced to "prospective" players &/or their family upon their visit to the campus including a BB game.

THANKS for all of the data on MBB team & coaches - all of us already know that we currently have "THE best coaching staff" in all of collegiate basketball. Adams was probably the best defensive coach in his era, but didn't stay long enough. GWB is a great fan, but sometimes he is just human like all of us & finds it too easy to criticize specifics, but it is all about the W's. The defense the Buffs play is actually very good in that it often is the catalyst for the very up-tempo offense we like. Let's face it - the other team gets the ball with "every-other-possession" & unless they score more than the Buffs we win. This coaching staff has multiple great come from behind wins that were keyed by great defense. The coaches do a great job of making in-game adjustments on both sides of the ball. No complaints from here.

Comment

Well, it's all LSC now. There is a lot of talent on this Buff team. Girls are playing as a team and there is very little difference in our first 10 players. Yes, we would be better if Hightower was playing. Dollar has stepped up her game. She is a real match-up problem for other teams. Newcomer Lenz continues to impress. We are solid in the paint with Parker and Spurgin. Nix has increased range and is letting the game come to her. So far Wt is running more than last year and playing pressure defense. I have watched LCU webcast and they are really good. Best guard play I've seen in a long time. It's going to be fun. Go-Buffs-Go.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

A disappointing loss to St. Edwards last night. (Men & Women) Women did not play well. To many TO. (26) Women were down 16 with 4 minutes to play. Cut the lead to 3 with 1 minute to play but could not pull out the win. Battled back but fell short. Someone still needs to step-up and be the Go-To player. Men just got outplayed. Wouldn't want to be in St. Mary's shoes come Saturday.

Comment

A disappointing loss to St. Edwards last night. (Men & Women) Women did not play well. To many TO. (26) Women were down 16 with 4 minutes to play. Cut the lead to 3 with 1 minute to play but could not pull out the win. Battled back but fell short. Someone still needs to step-up and be the Go-To player. Men just got outplayed. Wouldn't want to be in St. Mary's shoes come Saturday.
              Meanwhile 10th ranked Commerce women beat St. Edwards by 25 last week and by 23 back in November. Men beat them too, but it was only by 8.

Comment

Looks like Wt will be middle of the pack this year. What we need is for someone to step-up and become the "Go-To" player. The team has a lot of talent.

Comment

Wt defeats St Mary's by holding them scoreless in the fourth quarter. Don't think I've seen that before.

Comment

Well, the warm-up games are over. Wt plays Angelo & LCU at home this week. Should be two hard-fought games. I have seen LCU twice, (I have family in Lubbock) they are very good, very disciplined with high basketball IQ. We match up well on the inside, however, our guards will need to bring their A-game. I have not seen Angelo. LCU defeated Angelo at Angelo earlier this year in a tournament game. Also, they defeated them in the first LCS meeting. Looking forward to the games. GoBuffsGo
                    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 01-12-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Well, the warm-up games are over. Wt plays Angelo & LCU at home this week. Should be two hard-fought games. I have seen LCU twice, (I have family in Lubbock) they are very good, very disciplined with high basketball IQ. We match up well on the inside, however, our guards will need to bring their A-game. I have not seen Angelo. LCU defeated Angelo at Angelo earlier this year in a tournament game. Also, they defeated them in the first LCS meeting. Looking forward to the games. GoBuffsGo
                      Only 8 more months to KICK-OFF!!!!! :(

Comment

Meanwhile, Commerce is undefeated and ranked #5.

Comment

What is going on the with the media coverage on the Buffs this year? I go to Amarillo online and all I see are Texas Tech articles from beat writers not associated with the newspaper. Have they a shortage of reporters? Its sad to see no coverage on the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
                            What is going on the with the media coverage on the Buffs this year? I go to Amarillo online and all I see are Texas Tech articles from beat writers not associated with the newspaper. Have they a shortage of reporters? Its sad to see no coverage on the teams.
                            As far as I know there are no longer any sports writers with the newspaper & substantially all of what is left is handled by Lubbock personnel (also printed in Lubbock). The primary sports writer is now doing his own reporting via https://www.presspasssports.com/ which includes tremendous reporting on WT as well as all of the area high schools. You can subscribe to his service ($0) and receive email updates - I often get several / day, but he does an excellent job with WT. Another of the former writers is now an employee at WT.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Meanwhile, Commerce is undefeated and ranked #5.
                              Different pod than WT right? Was wondering when they would play LCU

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Different pod than WT right? Was wondering when they would play LCU
                                End of the month. 30th I think. And we play WT in late Feb.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X