Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

As far as I know there are no longer any sports writers with the newspaper & substantially all of what is left is handled by Lubbock personnel (also printed in Lubbock). The primary sports writer is now doing his own reporting via https://www.presspasssports.com/ which includes tremendous reporting on WT as well as all of the area high schools. You can subscribe to his service ($0) and receive email updates - I often get several / day, but he does an excellent job with WT. Another of the former writers is now an employee at WT.
    Went to the website and didn't find a tab to sign-up.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Lee Passmore still covers WT for the AGN. I see his articles on Twitter all the time. Never can find it on the website though.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

End of the month. 30th I think. And we play WT in late Feb.
        LCU game will determine the regular season title. Unless Hightower come back, WT won't be able to beat Commerce or LCU

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

LCU game will determine the regular-season title. Unless Hightower come back, WT won't be able to beat Commerce or LCU
          Hightower is most likely out for the year. IMHO, Commerce is largely untested, weak division. A lot of basketball left to play. NEVER count-out
          a Lady Buff team - especially at home.

Comment

Wt 79
            ASU 58

ASU was never in this game and did not make a serious run. This was a total team effort by Wt. Four players in double figures led by Nix with 21 and Dollar with 16 points, 10 rebounds for her fourth double-double. Nix's 21 were on 7-11 from 3 point range. Wt outscored ASU 36-18 in the paint, More was a non-factor. Very good defense 11 blocked shots, 10 by our post players. As with most nights, Dollar is a match-up problem. She is our sixth man and raises the energy level when she enters the game. It will take another total team effort for Wt to get a win over LCU. IMHO the LSC is now a three-team race, Commerce - LCU - Wt. GoBuffsGo.

UPDATE:
            ENMU 69 OT
            LCU 68

This is going to fun!
            Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 01-16-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
              Wt 79
              ASU 58

ASU was never in this game and did not make a serious run. This was a total team effort by Wt. Four players in double figures led by Nix with 21 and Dollar with 16 points, 10 rebounds for her fourth double-double. Nix's 21 were on 7-11 from 3 point range. Wt outscored ASU 36-18 in the paint, More was a non-factor. Very good defense 11 blocked shots, 10 by our post players. As with most nights, Dollar is a match-up problem. She is our sixth man and raises the energy level when she enters the game. It will take another total team effort for Wt to get a win over LCU. IMHO the LSC is now a three-team race, Commerce - LCU - Wt. GoBuffsGo.

UPDATE:
              ENMU 69 OT
              LCU 68

This is going to fun!
              WT dominated this game! Angelo played the worst game of their season. This was NOT a normal game for Angelo. Not sure if it was because WT is that much better or the Belles were simply ROAD worn. Guess we shall see in 3 weeks on 2/8.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

WT dominated this game! Angelo played the worst game of their season. This was NOT a normal game for Angelo. Not sure if it was because WT is that much better or the Belles were simply ROAD worn. Guess we shall see in 3 weeks on 2/8.
                Wt has a lot of talent - this was the best game we have played all year. Need another one Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                  Is there anyway Tom Brown could coach the women, too?

Comment

In a game played in a playoff atmosphere, in front of 1,600 fans, Wt outlasted defending national champion LCU 64-56. Wt overcame a cold shooting night with a outstanding defensive effort including 13 blocked shots with 7 by Sr. Tiana Parker. Megan Gamble leads all scorers with 17 points. Wt's largest lead was 17 halfway through the 3rd period. LCU continued to chip away keeping the outcome in doubt. With the win, WT takes over first place in the Division with a record of 9-1 and an overall record of 16-3. LCU falls to 8-2 in conference losing back to back games.

Comment

In a game played in a playoff atmosphere, in front of 1,600 fans, Wt outlasted defending national champion LCU 64-56. Wt overcame a cold shooting night with a outstanding defensive effort including 13 blocked shots with 7 by Sr. Tiana Parker. Megan Gamble leads all scorers with 17 points. Wt's largest lead was 17 halfway through the 3rd period. LCU continued to chip away keeping the outcome in doubt. With the win, WT takes over first place in the Division with a record of 9-1 and an overall record of 16-3. LCU falls to 8-2 in conference losing back to back games.
                      Nice win for the lady buffs.

Comment

LCU finding it a little harder
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_Alum08

You can get into name-calling if you want. But I still stick by what I said in the post you referenced. In fact, it appears Mattio may have changed her coaching style somewhat and more similar to the Buffs. The Lady Buffs actually shot 3s the last two games and didn't pass the ball around until the clock ran out. The Lady Buffs will be better and tougher to defend as they finish the season if they continue to play that way. The point is we are all Buffs and Lady Buffs fans and want them to win.

Comment

You can get into name-calling if you want. But I still stick by what I said in the post you referenced. In fact, it appears Mattio may have changed her coaching style somewhat and more similar to the Buffs. The Lady Buffs actually shot 3s the last two games and didn't pass the ball around until the clock ran out. The Lady Buffs will be better and tougher to defend as they finish the season if they continue to play that way. The point is we are all Buffs and Lady Buffs fans and want them to win.
                            I have had several discussions with Kristen about the ladies passing up threes. She said Hightower, Nix, Gamble, Lenz, Linden, and Dollar have the green light to shoot threes. Especially Gamble. She told me she is always on Gamble to shoot the three.

Comment

I appreciate your support, but also disagree with your original comment. It has not been a matter of a coach's style - the coach can't run the offense when the players all have a mindset of "get the ball to Lexy" (she has been the go to player for 2+ years). That being said Lexy is also the consummate "team player" & often passed up open shots when trying to get or keep her teammates involved. I too been told that the previous players mentioned & in prior years some others all had the green light to shoot whenever open, but the team mindset was the offense goes thru Lexy.

This year the injury to Lexy happened immediately before the start of the season & it appeared the team struggled from game #1 trying to find a "go to" player. I maintained this observation from the start, but kept saying that when the talent of this group begins to understand that they were all "go to" players they could be very good. The last 2 games have shown they can all play at a high level, but notice that even in these games that their offense falls off when the on-court personnel begin to pass up open shots and make one (or more) too many passes. They are certainly more effective with Gamble on the floor, but showed several times they could play when she wasn't - now they just need to sustain this personal AND team effort.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X