Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

I appreciate your support, but also disagree with your original comment. It has not been a matter of a coach's style - the coach can't run the offense when the players all have a mindset of "get the ball to Lexy" (she has been the go to player for 2+ years). That being said Lexy is also the consummate "team player" & often passed up open shots when trying to get or keep her teammates involved. I too been told that the previous players mentioned & in prior years some others all had the green light to shoot whenever open, but the team mindset was the offense goes thru Lexy.

This year the injury to Lexy happened immediately before the start of the season & it appeared the team struggled from game #1 trying to find a "go to" player. I maintained this observation from the start, but kept saying that when the talent of this group begins to understand that they were all "go to" players they could be very good. The last 2 games have shown they can all play at a high level, but notice that even in these games that their offense falls off when the on-court personnel begin to pass up open shots and make one (or more) too many passes. They are certainly more effective with Gamble on the floor, but showed several times they could play when she wasn't - now they just need to sustain this personal AND team effort.
    Great post.

Comment

IMHO, this is the best job of coaching Kristen has done after taking the HC position. Shifting the team thought pattern from a "Go-to-player" to a total team effort is a challenge for any coach even the most experienced. Kristen has had several different starting line-ups and substitution patterns. She seems to have settled into a set line-up and pattern.
      As a result, the players now know what is expected of them and what their responsibilities are. This has led to an increased confidence level and an overall higher level of play as a team. We have yet to play our best basketball. This TEAM still has a lot of up-side.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Wt has a lot of talent - this was the best game we have played all year. Need another one Saturday.
        So WT BEST game and Angelos WORST.

We shall see what happens next meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

So WT BEST game and Angelos WORST.

We shall see what happens next meeting.
          Angelo's worst could have been caused by Wt's best - Wt could be just better

Comment

Lady Buffs - 56
            Jav's - 32

A really ugly game. Wt shoots 34% from the field, Jav's shoot 26%. Parker with another double-double. A win is a win.

Comment

#4 Lady Lions move to 18-0 with a 23 point win over WNMU. Playing LCU next Thursday in Commerce.

Comment

Commerce now 19-0 with a 21 point win at UTPB.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  Commerce now 19-0 with a 21 point win at UTPB.
                  Have you looked at the records of the other teams in your division. Commerce is the only team over .500. Probably the worst group of basketball teams I've seen in a long time.

Congratulations on your record, but you still have quite a few out-of-division conference games. I would make a little wager the Lions don't go undefeated.

Comment

Wt by 20 over Texas A&M International. Parker with another double-double. Abby with 25, Nix with 15. Inside-Outside working well.
                    In front of 122 fans. If they had played in the park more people would have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

Have you looked at the records of the other teams in your division. Commerce is the only team over .500. Probably the worst group of basketball teams I've seen in a long time.

Congratulations on your record, but you still have quite a few out-of-division conference games. I would make a little wager the Lions don't go undefeated.
                      I have watched Commerce twice(web cast), good size and athletic. IMHO, they are untested. Unfortunately, both Wt and LCU play at Commerce.
                      Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 01-25-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

I am not sure they will or won't go undefeated, but they got a sweetheart scheduling as ASU, LCU, WT & ENMU all go to Commerce to play. They are obviously a very good team, but getting all of the other LSC ranked teams at home will test them prior to the tournament. Could be a good move, but I am confident by the time the LSC tournament is over all will be well tested.

Comment

I'm not terribly worried about undefeated or not. I'm looking for our programs to take the next step. Wbb here has been (mostly) upper middle of the pack. We are trying to reach the levels WT and Angelo have maintained, and hopefully this season will start us getting there. 19-0 is fantastic, no matter who they put in front of you. LCU Thursday and Angelo Saturday, so we will see I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                            I'm not terribly worried about undefeated or not. I'm looking for our programs to take the next step. Wbb here has been (mostly) upper middle of the pack. We are trying to reach the levels WT and Angelo have maintained, and hopefully this season will start us getting there. 19-0 is fantastic, no matter who they put in front of you. LCU Thursday and Angelo Saturday, so we will see I guess.
                            Definitely, undefeated at this level this late in the season is a huge feat. Even if they have played lesser teams, they are blowing them out. LCU will probably be their toughest test IMO. WT ladies tend to not play as consistently on the road historically

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Definitely, undefeated at this level this late in the season is a huge feat. Even if they have played lesser teams, they are blowing them out. LCU will probably be their toughest test IMO. WT ladies tend to not play as consistently on the road historically
                              As we all know playing at home is an advantage. LCU will tell you. They have won something close to 75 games in a row at home. Wt will be a good test for the Lions, we match up better with them then LCU will. Should be two good games.

IMHO one of the reasons Wt plays well at home is the fan support. Wt and LCU play in front of about 1,000 fans. Most schools its boyfriends and parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Yes, closest game all year was a 9 point win over Tarleton in Stephenville.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X