Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

As we all know playing at home is an advantage. LCU will tell you. They have won something close to 75 games in a row at home. Wt will be a good test for the Lions, we match up better with them then LCU will. Should be two good games.

IMHO one of the reasons Wt plays well at home is the fan support. Wt and LCU play in front of about 1,000 fans. Most schools its boyfriends and parents.
    Definitely agree turnout at the games helps create a homecourt advantage at this level. It's not very common to have the attendance consistently around 1,000 for D2. My only complaint is WT fans are great at showing up but tend to observe and don't get up and create much noise. Unless there is a bs call, then they do like to yell.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Definitely agree turnout at the games helps create a homecourt advantage at this level. It's not very common to have the attendance consistently around 1,000 for D2. My only complaint is WT fans are great at showing up but tend to observe and don't get up and create much noise. Unless there is a bs call, then they do like to yell.
      I sure miss John and his Bozo call
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I sure miss John and his Bozo call
        In the words of Arnold S, "I'll be back." Aiming for the men's Tarleton and the ladies TWU games.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

In the words of Arnold S, "I'll be back." Aiming for the men's Tarleton and the ladies TWU games.
          Try to make the last Lady's game of the season.

Comment

Try to make the last Lady's game of the season.
            The NC? Afraid I'm not ready for that kind of travel.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

The NC? Afraid I'm not ready for that kind of travel.
              Ok, last home game, Feb. 29th.

Comment

Big weekend for Commerce LCU & ASU. Both at home for their only game of the season.

Comment

Big weekend for Commerce LCU & ASU. Both at home for their only game of the season.
                  Im about to lock up the office and here over for it. Should be a big crowd.

Comment

In a complete mismatch, WT ran away from an under maned Western N.M. team 74-41. At one point Wt scored 23 unanswered points to lead by 40. Western N.M. only
                    had 8 girls in uniform. Braylyn Dollar leads the way with 21 points and 14 rebounds. Western N.M. could have folded up, they did not, they played hard the entire game. They are a well-coached team, just not as much talent as Wt.

Comment

Lions move to 20-0 with a win over LCU in front of an absolutely packed field house. Ran a first half lead to 18, then took their foot off the gas and let Lubbock back in the game in the 3rd quarter. Battled through the 4th and held them off. Best atmosphere I've ever seen crowd wise here in Commerce. Folks are starting to get on board after the success of football and softball over the last few years. Students, faculty, and community all showing up in numbers. I hope they show again on Saturday for the Angelo game. A win saturday puts us in good position to host post season. Y'all can stop with the "untested, in a crappy division" excuses now.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                        Lions move to 20-0 with a win over LCU in front of an absolutely packed field house. Ran a first half lead to 18, then took their foot off the gas and let Lubbock back in the game in the 3rd quarter. Battled through the 4th and held them off. Best atmosphere I've ever seen crowd wise here in Commerce. Folks are starting to get on board after the success of football and softball over the last few years. Students, faculty, and community all showing up in numbers. I hope they show again on Saturday for the Angelo game. A win saturday puts us in good position to host post season. Y'all can stop with the "untested, in a crappy division" excuses now.
                        Wt did the same thing, up by 17 and stopped pushing the ball. Started walking the ball up the court. Mistake.
                        I noticed you play everyone in our division at home, big advantage. The Kitty-Cats are playing well. So are the Lady Buffs.
                        Our game should be a good match. Our game could determine the regular season. Whoever wins the post season tournament should host the regional.
                        BTW - your still in a "Crappy Division"

Comment

If you are looking for media coverage of the Buffs and Lady Buffs, try PressPassSports.com. Lance Lahnert is back covering the Buffs, and Kale Steed is covering the Lady Buffs.

And it's even current, not 2 days later!

Comment

Commerce takes on ASU in the key Saturday match-up. ASU will need their best game of the year to get a win. The Lions are #1 in scoring and #2 in defense. ASU is #2 in scoring and #16 in defense. If ASU can slow the pace and take advantage of Moore's size advantage in the paint, they could come away with the win. It would be an upset.

Wt plays UTPB. In the first meeting, at UTPB, Wt came away with a 75-46 win. Parker and Dollar both had a double-double. I would think the result would be much the same.
                            IMHO, Coach will try to rest some of the key players. Next week is the most challenging week on the schedule. Wt plays LCU and ASU on the road. Neither one of those teams appeared to match-up well with WT. IF Wt plays good defense we should come back home with 2 wins.

Comment

Commerce takes on ASU in the key Saturday match-up. ASU will need their best game of the year to get a win. The Lions are #1 in scoring and #2 in defense. ASU is #2 in scoring and #16 in defense. If ASU can slow the pace and take advantage of Moore's size advantage in the paint, they could come away with the win. It would be an upset.

Wt plays UTPB. In the first meeting, at UTPB, Wt came away with a 75-46 win. Parker and Dollar both had a double-double. I would think the result would be much the same.
                              IMHO, Coach will try to rest some of the key players. Next week is the most challenging week on the schedule. Wt plays LCU and ASU on the road. Neither one of those teams appeared to match-up well with WT. IF Wt plays good defense we should come back home with 2 wins.
                              On paper this should be the last real test for Commerce until the WT game in late Feb. Hopefully there is no let down after the big win over LCU 2 days ago. Feels like a possible trap game to me. Intrested to see the crowd size today after the huge turnout on Thursday.

Comment

21 - 0. Commerce dominated Angelo today, starting with a 22-8 first quarter. Rambelles closed the gap some late, but the game was never in doubt from the first quarter on. I now fully expect this team to be undefeated when WT comes to town.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X