Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    21 - 0. Commerce dominated Angelo today, starting with a 22-8 first quarter. Rambelles closed the gap some late, but the game was never in doubt from the first quarter on. I now fully expect this team to be undefeated when WT comes to town.
    Saw you had an attendance of 1,500+ good turn out. IF Wt can get by LCU & ASU on the road this next week, Commerce v. Wt will be a HUGE game. Wt will need two good games to come away with wins. If Wt can get a lead we are really hard for someone to play catch-up against. Wt has been playing very good pressure defense all year. I'm hopeful that our"D" can carry us next week. We have the two leading shot blockers in the Lone Star. They also alter several shots a game. Looking forward to a good week of basketball.
    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 02-01-2020, 08:49 PM.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Saw you had an attendance of 1,500+ good turn out. IF Wt can get by LCU & ASU on the road this next week, Commerce v. Wt will be a HUGE game. Wt will need two good games to come away with wins. If Wt can get a lead we are really hard for someone to play catch-up against. Wt has been playing very good pressure defense all year. I'm hopeful that our"D" can carry us next week. We have the two leading shot blockers in the Lone Star. They also alter several shots a game. Looking forward to a good week of basketball.
      Lady Buffs are leading all D2 teams in shots blocked according to latest NCAA stats.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Lady Buffs are leading all D2 teams in shots blocked according to latest NCAA stats.
        With 144 blocks, LCU is 9th with 102

Comment

Wt at #16 in the current poll. Commerce at #4 & LCU at #9. How long will LCU get credit for last year??

Comment

Well, here we go again. LCU today and ASU Saturday. The first time around neither game was ever in doubt. Wt is clearly the most talented team on the court in both matchups. With the travel involved and the fast turn around the ASU game presents the biggest challenge of the year. I think Wt defeats LCU in what should be a close game. LCU can win if they slow the game down. When WT pushes the ball we are hard to beat. The defense has held the team together all year, It will again this week. Two more wins would be a great road trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
              Well, here we go again. LCU today and ASU Saturday. The first time around neither game was ever in doubt. Wt is clearly the most talented team on the court in both matchups. With the travel involved and the fast turn around the ASU game presents the biggest challenge of the year. I think Wt defeats LCU in what should be a close game. LCU can win if they slow the game down. When WT pushes the ball we are hard to beat. The defense has held the team together all year, It will again this week. Two more wins would be a great road trip.
              I think you are overconfident about beating LCU, they are really hard to beat at home and the gym can get loud. WT doesn't play near as well on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I think you are overconfident about beating LCU, they are really hard to beat at home and the gym can get loud. WT doesn't play near as well on the road
                I agree & hope WT plays well, but loss of another player for the season will sting.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

I agree & hope WT plays well, but loss of another player for the season will sting.
                  I had not heard another player was done for the year. That's not good with Hightower already out. Any word yet if she will medical redshirt or move on?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I had not heard another player was done for the year. That's not good with Hightower already out. Any word yet if she will medical redshirt or move on?
                    My understanding is she will redshirt.

Comment

• Rough night for the lady bluffs. Path been cleared for commerce, their fate is in their hands.

Comment

• Did Parker reinjure her knee? She didn't play tonight

Comment

• Several years ago I was attending a family reunion and talking to my cousin, Kim Hudson, who had just coached the Wt Volleyball team to a National Championship. I ask her, "When you are recruiting a player, what do you look for?" She replied, "Height, I can coach everything else." I was reminded of that as I watched the Lady Buffs play without our 6'5" post Tiana Parker. Parker has a broken foot and is out for the year. It was very frustrating to watch a promising season come unraveled due to an untimely injury. With Parker, Wt is a very good team, without, saying we are average would be generous. You can't coach height, you can't game plan around not having it. I am sure the team will continue to play hard and with the effort we have taken for granted. The results may not be the same. My heart goes out to Parker. Missed last year with a torn ACL taking a medical red-shirt, Now her playing time ending due to a freak injury. I wish whoever wins the Lone Star good luck, Wt can't seem to get any.

Comment

• I understand that Tiana had surgery on her foot yesterday morning. According to last I heard, but have not confirmed, is that if all goes well she may be able to return in 2 weeks. Stunning - but guess we wait to see. So glad I was never inclined toward or desired to be a coach - I'll just stick to officiating from the sidelines . . . :smile-big:

Comment

• Originally posted by ras619 View Post
                              I understand that Tiana had surgery on her foot yesterday morning. According to last I heard, but have not confirmed, is that if all goes well she may be able to return in 2 weeks. Stunning - but guess we wait to see. So glad I was never inclined toward or desired to be a coach - I'll just stick to officiating from the sidelines . . . :smile-big:
                              I'd be happy to get her back before the tournament. Two weeks would be amazing.

Comment

• Is De Moore hurt. I saw where she did not play against us or ENMU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X