Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Buffs 58 Lyin' Ladies 55.

Great game by WT. Lady Buffs came out strong building an 11-0 lead. It was an aggressive start. They were definitely not intimidated. WT was out rebounded (if I remember correctly) 39-23 and had 24 turnovers to Commerce's 16. High turnovers during Coach Mattio's tenure have been the rule for WT. I always wonder what her GREAT record, 132-27 (I think) would be if her teams had averaged 12 turnovers instead of 20 (my guess).

Anyway, Jason has gone out and recruited an athletic Commerce team with quickness and length superior to WT's. Especialy with the Lady Buffs's 6'5 Parker disabled on the bench and POY Hightower out for the season.

Kudos to the Commerce TV/radio crew for a fair, honest, and listenable broadcast Well done.

If the Lady Buffs can win the LSC tournament, with a championship game victory over Commerce, will they get the nod for the NCAA regional?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Lady Buffs 58 Lyin' Ladies 55.

Great game by WT. Lady Buffs came out strong building an 11-0 lead. It was an aggressive start. They were definitely not intimidated. WT was out rebounded (if I remember correctly) 39-23 and had 24 turnovers to Commerce's 16. High turnovers during Coach Mattio's tenure have been the rule for WT. I always wonder what her GREAT record, 132-27 (I think) would be if her teams had averaged 12 turnovers instead of 20 (my guess).

Anyway, Jason has gone out and recruited an athletic Commerce team with quickness and length superior to WT's. Especialy with the Lady Buffs's 6'5 Parker disabled on the bench and POY Hightower out for the season.

Kudos to the Commerce TV/radio crew for a fair, honest, and listenable broadcast Well done.

If the Lady Buffs can win the LSC tournament, with a championship game victory over Commerce, will they get the nod for the NCAA regional?
      No way that happens with 5 losses and Commerce with 1 and LCU with 3, even if they both lost another game.

I didn't watch the game but stats lead me to believe Commerce shot horribly and WT shot lights out for a good chunk of the game. As you said though, turnovers are always the thorn in their side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

No way that happens with 5 losses and Commerce with 1 and LCU with 3, even if they both lost another game.

I didn't watch the game but stats lead me to believe Commerce shot horribly and WT shot lights out for a good chunk of the game. As you said though, turnovers are always the thorn in their side.
        You never know, remember last year? LCU hosted the Regional Championship game after being a #3 seed. Probably the first time all year Commerce played someone that knows how to play defense. Wt leads the Lone Star in fewest points allowed.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• WoW just WoW!!

Both teams were missing key players. I hope both teams are at full strength for the next meeting.

Coach Mattio had the Lady Buffs ready to play. This year has been her best job of Coaching, and this game my be her best-coached game all season.
          This was probably the first of at least two maybe three meetings this year for Wt and Commerce.
          This was another big win for a tradition-rich program that is "Lady Buff Basketball"

Comment

• Great win for the lady buffs. I'll take that box score 10 times and Commerce wins 9 of them but WT found a way to win today. Commerce could not buy a basket today. 30 more shots, 18 or so more rebounds, 6 more turnovers, 23-11 in bench scoring points. Commerce won every statistic but the final score. In the long run this might be a good thing for Commerce, but today it sucks. Congrats to the WT squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
              Great win for the lady buffs. I'll take that box score 10 times and Commerce wins 9 of them but WT found a way to win today. Commerce could not buy a basket today. 30 more shots, 18 or so more rebounds, 6 more turnovers, 23-11 in bench scoring points. Commerce won every statistic but the final score. In the long run this might be a good thing for Commerce, but today it sucks. Congrats to the WT squad.
              Defense wins championships - Wt leads the Lone Star in fewest points allowed. (50.7 per game)
              Gamble hit's the go-ahead three.
              Abby blocked two shots in the last minute and made her free-throws.
              Wt shoots 50% from the field and 58% behind the arch. That's hard to beat.
              Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 02-22-2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Great win for the lady buffs. I'll take that box score 10 times and Commerce wins 9 of them but WT found a way to win today. Commerce could not buy a basket today. 30 more shots, 18 or so more rebounds, 6 more turnovers, 23-11 in bench scoring points. Commerce won every statistic but the final score. In the long run this might be a good thing for Commerce, but today it sucks. Congrats to the WT squad.
                I understand your feelings. I've been there! However, it is not like WT was never in the game and won it on a fluke half-court shot at the buzzer. WT led by as many as 11 points in the first quarter and as many as 9 points in the fourth quarter. For the game, WT had the lead for 36 minutes and 43 seconds. It was tied for 1 minute and 7 seconds. TAMUC had the lead for 2 minutes and 10 seconds, all in the last 3 minutes of the game.

I think the odds are pretty good that we will play at least one more time and maybe two more times this year. Both of these teams are very good teams. I know WT has 2 of their better players out with injuries, and I understand TAMUC was not at full strength. I hope to be able to see these next games. They should be doozies!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  Lady Buffs 58 Lyin' Ladies 55.

That would be the great Charlie Chitwood, voice of the Lions. He's the best.

Comment

• Wt finishes the regular season at 26 - 5 and earns the #2 seed in the LSC tournament. Congrats to Commerce for their great season and #1 seed.
                    Parker returned to the line-up today. Played 11 minutes scored 10 points and had 6 rebounds.
                    The semi-finals looks to be a rematch with LCU and probably a rematch with Commerce in the finals, if the seeding holds.
                    The only way Commerce will not host the regional is an early exit from the tournament.
                    Now the fun begins, good luck to everyone.

Comment

• How did St. Edwards win the first time?? This was not even close 70-46

Comment

• The Lady Buffs' next basketball game will be an exhibition in Waco against the Baylor Lady Bears. I guess I'll be going to Waco November 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                          The Lady Buffs' next basketball game will be an exhibition in Waco against the Baylor Lady Bears. I guess I'll be going to Waco November 4.
                          Me also, recruiting is going well. The Taylor girl is a PLAYER.

Comment

• Wt played 22 LSC games last year. With Tarlton leaving this would leave 20 LSC game which would comply with the new scheduling guidelines. This would allow for playing everyone in our pod twice, the rest of the LSC once, and two pre-season games. Looks like this will work for the LSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Me also, recruiting is going well. The Taylor girl is a PLAYER.
                              She'll either step right in as a starting wing or she'll be the first wing off the bench. After watching her videos, she's one of the fewer female players who can create her own baskets. The only thing holding her back from 15 plus points a game will be WT's incredible depth next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                                Wt played 22 LSC games last year. With Tarlton leaving this would leave 20 LSC game which would comply with the new scheduling guidelines. This would allow for playing everyone in our pod twice, the rest of the LSC once, and two pre-season games. Looks like this will work for the LSC.
                                My hope is that BB will continue using the division for travel partners only so that the overall LSC record is the ranking. Then change the 2020/21 schedule so that everyone plays everyone else one time & the balance leaves 5 OOC games or games in conference that don't count (like MSU this past year). The advantage to this is it makes every single LSC game important & no one gets a short LSC draw within a division. This might even balance out the travel issue so that the DFW teams have some long trips too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X