Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by oldbuff; 03-15-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Congratulations to Lexy Hightower! Named to 2 All-American teams (3rd team on one and honorable mention on the other). Would have been 1st team if the Lady Buffs had been better. Sad when they couldn't even make it to the LSC finals. Without Lexy, the cupboard is empty for next season (with the possible exception of Braylen Dollar). If Mattio is depending on returnees and doesn't do some fantastic recruiting, the Lady Buffs will be middle of the pack at best. LCU appears to have recruited well and will be back on top again. Still hoping Mattio gets a D-1 offer ASAP. Should be a sure thing with her incredible winning %.

Comment

• The WT/Daemen game will be free to watch online beginning around 2:45 today. Heres the link: https://www.ncaa.com/sports/basketball-men/d2

oops, wrong thread. Ill post it in the Mens thread too.

Comment

• Watched the Buffs win over Daemen game. Good showing by the Buffs! I usually watch with sound off but I had it on toward the end of the second half. Daemen must have been high bidder for broadcast rights! Whoever was woman was she would have sounded better on the Crown!

Comment

• Looks like Lexi has decided to return to basketball next year. Just not with the Lady Buffs. She has entered the Transfer Portal.... Texas Tech maybe.... we shall see..

Comment

• Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
              Looks like Lexi has decided to return to basketball next year. Just not with the Lady Buffs. She has entered the Transfer Portal.... Texas Tech maybe.... we shall see..
              How so? Hasn't she played four full seasons?
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

How so? Hasn't she played four full seasons?
                You are correct she has played 4 full seasons, but this season everyone in all of NCAA athletics gets to choose to repeat this year. Basically a medical redshirt year but you actually get to play. We shall call it "burgundy shirting"

Comment

• Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post

You are correct she has played 4 full seasons, but this season everyone in all of NCAA athletics gets to choose to repeat this year. Basically a medical redshirt year but you actually get to play. We shall call it "burgundy shirting"
                  I didn't realize winter athletes got an extra year as well, since they have their championships.

I don't think spring sports athletes get an extra year, except for D3.
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...sport-athletes

This article talks about D1 athletes getting a year. But all divisions have the option to return.

Comment

• What about the Lady Buffs for next season? As it stands now with the returnees, things look bad. Much better recruiting and coaching are needed ASAP.

Comment

• Just heard Braylen Dollar is jumping ship and entering the transfer portal too. Three top players gone. Sad to see Lady Buffs basketball implode. A new coach is needed to turn things around.

Comment

• Just saw Lady Buffs have a couple of new signees for next season. Wish they could sign a new coach. Can Mattio enter a coaches transfer portal?

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                            Just saw Lady Buffs have a couple of new signees for next season. Wish they could sign a new coach. Can Mattio enter a coaches transfer portal?
                            Let me remind and/or inform you of the circumstances of this last season. As classes started an incoming Freshman PG decided to not play. She was a highly recruited player. Turned down a D1 mid-major to sign with Wt. Two weeks before the season starts the best pure shooter on the team went home. Her father was in ICU on a ventilator with Covid. She did not return and has chosen to finish her education in her hometown. A week before the season starts our starting PG injures her foot and a backup guard injures her knee. The knee injury causes the player to miss the entire year. The PG was able to return but could not make the contribution that was planned on. The first player off the bench had offseason knee surgery and did not rehab the knee as instructed by the training staff. As a result, she was limited in her offseason training and was 20 lb's heaver losing her quickness. Finally, after a few games, it was clear our post player was just playing out the string, finally leaving the team. Wt was playing short-handed all year. Finishing 7th in the region was probably about as high as possible. In a "normal year" Wt would have been in the regional tournament. Due to Covid, only 6 teams went to regional instead of 8. IMHO, the coach did a good job with the hand she was dealt.

Wt has a good incoming class. Four D1 transfers and two high school players. The D1 players are a 6-3 post. (leading shot blocker on the former team) A high-energy PG and two big guards. (5-10) One of the high school players is a 6-2 big body with an extended 3 point range. She will be a match-up problem for the other teams. I am really excited about Averee Kleinhans. She is a 5-9 shooting guard who is in range when she gets off the bus. In conversations with a D1 coach I was told, "Wt is lucky to have her, she is a stud." During the conversation the terms - the real deal - baller - impact player - looks to score, were all used to describe Averee. Wt fans are going to like her. Kleinhans is currently in her senior season at Nocona High School. The talented guard picked up Texas Association of Basketball Coaches (TABC) All-State honors during her junior campaign in 2019-20 as she was named the District's Most Valuable Player for the second straight season, averaging 24.8 points per game while also leading the Red River Area in assists (4.3), three-pointers made (73) and free throws made (223). As a sophomore in 2018-19, Kleinhans was named the Red River 22 Most Valuable Player as she averaged an impressive 25.8 points per game. Averee comes from a deep tradition of basketball success as both her mom and grandmother played basketball at Nocona High School. This past season, Averee broke the school scoring record scoring 46 points, a record that was set by her grandmother, Glenna Clay."

The coaching staff has addressed the needs of the team: 1) Post player 2) Point guard 3) Scoring guard. With the quality of the returning players, I fail to see an impending implosion of the Lady Buffs. IMHO, Wt will be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the LSC. Our coach has one of the highest winning percentages in the LSC. Wt and about 300 other D2 schools need to figure out a way to beat LCU. It looks like WT has reloaded for next year and should be fun to watch.

Edit: Signed another D1 transfer - looks like we will not be caught short-handed again.
                            Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 05-02-2021, 03:56 PM.
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Mattio is gone. New HC at Northern Colorado.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                                Just saw Lady Buffs have a couple of new signees for next season. Wish they could sign a new coach. Can Mattio enter a coaches transfer portal?
                                You got your wish! https://www.newsbreak.com/news/22310...nces-new-coach

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X