Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
    Sounds like I missed a exciting game. Too bad for the Hogs, this sounds like we could have won this one.

GO HOGS!!!
    It was exciting, and frustrating. The Javelinas played hard and well. Detmer was amazing, just like last year against us.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
      Sounds like I missed a exciting game. Too bad for the Hogs, this sounds like we could have won this one.

GO HOGS!!!
      They looked so bad in the 2nd half. Defense is terrible, so bad. Detmer's play was erratic in the 2nd half. You can tell they were going to blow the lead. That was the icing in the cake for Wilkinson but there needs to be a complete plan in place for his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
        The way the season started, who would have thought we had a real chance to go 8-3? Wow...... Would be a huge win for the program to snag one next week.
        It certainly didn't look like it after the Tarleton game. As bad as WT played, I think I underestimated how good Tarleton is this year.

Let's hope for a good crowd next Saturday. I'm not hopeful because high school football playoffs will be going on and crowds typically are smaller once they start

Comment

I still think that Detmer is a very good QB. With the right coaching and offensive scheme, he could be amazing. How many years of eligibility does he have left?

Comment

Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
            I still think that Detmer is a very good QB. With the right coaching and offensive scheme, he could be amazing. How many years of eligibility does he have left?
            I think this is his final year.

Comment

Originally posted by javs26 View Post

They looked so bad in the 2nd half. Defense is terrible, so bad. Detmer's play was erratic in the 2nd half. You can tell they were going to blow the lead. That was the icing in the cake for Wilkinson but there needs to be a complete plan in place for his replacement.
              Sadly I think the only thing we will get is lip service, just as Wilk did. I was out and about yesterday, but checked in on the score and I knew the halftime score would not hold. Sure enough.

I've given up on any substantial changes going on in Kingsville. The school can solicit me for donations and support when they finally show us a concrete plan with time lines and triggers with how they are going to fix this if at all. We should all be tired of news letters promising of things to come and master plans that were just done a decade ago having to be redone in order to show us more watercolor wish lists and the rinse and repeat cycle of nothing getting done. Why can't our clowns in suits who run the show do what other system schools have done and get BOR involvement with our facilities? Even A&M CC got a clue and went before the BOR to get their on campus arena approved and the funding mechanism in place. I'm just sick and tired of years of ineptness and chicken crap excuses down there.

TAMUK Marketing: Don't you know we have all those NAIA titles from almost a half century ago and these NFL Hall of Famers. Come to Kingsville.

Modern day High school/JUCO Recruit: What's an NAIA? I've never heard of those guys. Your stadium and locker room remind me of the middle school I attend which was our high school back in the 70's. Man you really have your stuff together. Mr Coach, have you seen the facilites at the other schools who are recruiting me?

Last edited by LSC Fan; 11-10-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Mr Coach, have you seen the facilites at the other schools who are recruiting me?
                Sadly, you sound like the handful of recruits I knew the past couple of years when TAMUK was brought up. The principal of one of the local HSs daughter played basketball there a few years back and he touts the school to players.

There are some Coaches who will deal with the situation as long as expectations are kept in check.

Comment

I think that Texas A&M University-Kingsville needs to aggressively scout some of the types of players that they used to focus upon in recruitment. Namely, they seemed to aggressively focus on junior college standouts. Some of those players are high quality diamonds in the rough. For instance, Foothill College is a junior college (with a football team) near us. I attended a game recently and noticed a WR and RB for the college. Their names are freshman Darius Thomas and sophomore Derje Blanks. Both have talent that I think could successfully translate quite well to the NCAA D2 school. Thomas is speedy and has good hands and great agility. Blanks has good vision and feet and a remarkable ability to shake off tackles. The two have led their school to a 9-0 record in whatever league it is that they play for. I really think that both players could play for D2 teams and do quite well. However, who scouts these small school players?

Comment

@ WT_TKW:
                    Originally posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post I still think that Detmer is a very good QB. With the right coaching and offensive scheme, he could be amazing. How many years of eligibility does he have left?
                    I think this is his final year.
                    That's too bad. I think that he has the skill that just hasn't been fully developed by the Javelinas.

Comment

I think that Texas A&M University-Kingsville needs to aggressively scout some of the types of players that they used to focus upon in recruitment. Namely, they seemed to aggressively focus on junior college standouts. Some of those players are high quality diamonds in the rough. For instance, Foothill College is a junior college (with a football team) near us. I attended a game recently and noticed a WR and RB for the college. Their names are freshman Darius Thomas and sophomore Derje Blanks. Both have talent that I think could successfully translate quite well to the NCAA D2 school. Thomas is speedy and has good hands and great agility. Blanks has good vision and feet and a remarkable ability to shake off tackles. The two have led their school to a 9-0 record in whatever league it is that they play for. I really think that both players could play for D2 teams and do quite well. However, who scouts these small school players?
                      I think pretty much all of the LSC schools actively recruit the JuCo's in California. Look at the roster's of the teams and you will see numerous Jr's and Sr's from California who started at a Cali JuCo. I think ASU has 9 or 10 JuCo players from Cali, not to mention some from Texas and Florida JuCo's.

Comment

We do try to recruit those JUCO's and as a matter of fact, I think we had a few on our signing day list during the last signing day. For one reason or another, many of them don't show up on our rosters in the fall. Either they don't make the grades, have issues with their transfer credits or something else comes up. Which only adds to the insanity or what is going on down there. I guess that is also a by product of not fully funding our scholarships and we are forced to throw out a bunch of low dollar offers and "hope" they show up in August.

It's chaotic mess which demands strong leadership. Sadly it is MIA.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

We do try to recruit those JUCO's and as a matter of fact, I think we had a few on our signing day list during the last signing day. For one reason or another, many of them don't show up on our rosters in the fall. Either they don't make the grades, have issues with their transfer credits or something else comes up. Which only adds to the insanity or what is going on down there. I guess that is also a by product of not fully funding our scholarships and we are forced to throw out a bunch of low dollar offers and "hope" they show up in August.

It's chaotic mess which demands strong leadership. Sadly it is MIA.
                          This is why I am glad Hughes is trying to go the Red-Shirt process. By the time you get a fifth year senior he is a bigger and stronger player.
                          I remember one year we had our eyes on a JUCO WR. Coaches were told by the admission office that the player was not eligible at Wt.

Wound up playing at another LSC school - makes you wonder whats going on.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

This is why I am glad Hughes is trying to go the Red-Shirt process. By the time you get a fifth year senior he is a bigger and stronger player.
                            I remember one year we had our eyes on a JUCO WR. Coaches were told by the admission office that the player was not eligible at Wt.

Wound up playing at another LSC school - makes you wonder whats going on.

Comment

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I went back and watched the Buff vs Javs game. Even when I knew the outcome, I was still shaking my head. I'm not sure why it's taken us all season to finally start playing competitive football but I really hope we take this improved level into the last game against UT-Peanut Butter and into next season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X