Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    With all the pre-game BS & hype out of the way (on my part)...Here is what I think....

This will be a tough game for BOTH teams. The issues for BOTH teams are as follows: (1) Substantial injuries. Neither will be at full strength; (2) Can and have been inconsistent; (3) Either are capable of winning by 14+ depending WHICH team shows up.

Simply glancing at national team stats.......and taking the position that POINTS win games, not stats, TAMUC has the #21 Scoring Offense and Angelo has the #28 scoring offense. ON the defensive side, Angelo has the #7 Scoring Offense and TAMUC has the #50 Scoring Defense.

Another important factor could be discipline. Angelo ranks 12th (tied) in Fewest Penalties and TAMUC ranks 114th in Fewest Penalties.

How about Turnovers Lost....TAMUC tied for 15th with 11 on the season, and Angelo tied for #43 with 14 on the season.

An important note is Angelo has 10 games played and TAMUC 9.....while the Total Scoring Offense & Defense ranks are based on Avgs, the fewest penalties & turnovers lost are TOTAL for the year. When you look at Fewest Penalties per game, Angelo Ranks #22 and TAMUC Ranks #130.

Watching both teams play (saw 2 Angelo games and 4 TAMUC games), TAMUC appears to have more overall talent, but Angelo seems to be much more disciplined. TAMUC has a great skilled player in Smalls, but Angelo's defense is very physical which may neutralize TAMUC.

KEYS TO VICTORY:

BOTH teams must win the battle in the trenches. Whichever team does will give a huge plus to their team for a W.
    TAMUC must go to the air and beat Angelo on big plays. The defense must stop the Angelo pass attack, as Angelo has lots of receiving weapons. The Lions have got to get some defensive points and play with more discipline than ever.
    ANGELO must ground and pound and not abandon the running game. They MUST control TOP and wear down the TAMUC defense. The defense must contain and shutdown Smalls (not an easy task) and make TAMUC depend on the other skill players to win. The Rams need to have a great game on special teams and continue to play disciplined. Consistency may be the biggest factor for a Angelo victory.

Heck, this game COULD come right down to coaching..

Again.....if EITHER team has a BAD night, look for a 14+ point victory for the other.

Been waiting for this game ALL SEASON. As soon as I saw the schedule, I had a feeling this game was gonna be THE GAME, like it was in 2014.

I wish for a competitive match with good sportsmanship and an INJURY FREE game for both teams.

LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!!
    Good info Pops, appreciate your insight.

Comment

I hate that I cant make it out there tomorrow for the game. Probably just as well though, I'm judging a chili contest tonight on campus between the various fraternities and sororities here. I bet driving that far tomorrow would be a challenge. Thoughts and prayers please. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        I hate that I cant make it out there tomorrow for the game. Probably just as well though, I'm judging a chili contest tonight on campus between the various fraternities and sororities here. I bet driving that far tomorrow would be a challenge. Thoughts and prayers please. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
          OMG Jake....you are one BRAVE man!! Good Luck. (on eating all that chili that is)

Comment

Ahhhh cr@p, I just spit out my beverage.......TOO D@MN FUNNY! 707070707

Comment

Man.....tomorrow's game is gonna be a REAL SLOBBER-KNOCKER. Both teams are in a MUST win situation!!!!

Comment

Angelo pulls upset!

Comment

Angelo pulls upset!

Comment

Man.....tomorrow's game is gonna be a REAL SLOBBER-KNOCKER. Both teams are in a MUST win situation!!!!
                    Admire the enthusiasm, I too feel the same way. The winner of this game has truly earned their way into the playoffs. Either way, both head coaches (proving to be excellent hires for both programs) seem to be laying the foundation for future success as well.

Comment

Will Angelo be smoked like cheap cigars though?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Will Angelo be smoked like cheap cigars though?
                        Could be, but realistically the Lions have struggled on the road. Close win at WOU and losses to TSU and CSUP. So, that opens the door for optimism for Rams fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Could be, but realistically the Lions have struggled on the road. Close win at WOU and losses to TSU and CSUP. So, that opens the door for optimism for Rams fans.
                          Should be a good one, I'll try to follow along as the Pueblo game should be over as far as the score is concerned once this one gets started.

Comment

7-3 Commerce after 1st Q.

Comment

Halftime. 7-3 Lions.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X