Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I have a feeling WT will do the same. Personally, I think it's bullsheet for the senior players
    I dont understand why you decline an extra month of practice time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

That also. Makes no sense to me. I'm not a coach though so I just get to gripe about it

Comment

I don't understand why a division with a playoff system rewarding teams with seasons that were good enough to qualify has bowl games as a consolation prize. I understand even less the number of people who would normally be against the sissification of our society that think that these "fruit snack and juice box" games (thanks Fort Hays, I like it) are something that should be a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I don't understand why a division with a playoff system rewarding teams with seasons that were good enough to qualify has bowl games as a consolation prize. I understand even less the number of people who would normally be against the sissification of our society that think that these "fruit snack and juice box" games (thanks Fort Hays, I like it) are something that should be a thing.
          I think a full extra month of practicing 6 days a week for the program should outweigh the opinion that it's a participation trophy. The tangible benefit to that is pretty large when you are spending that time preparing underclassmen to take over duties next season. Private organizations that run bowl games do it because they think they can make money, they are interested in profit and not providing consolidation prizes.

Comment

One more chance to travel and strap it up. D2 players aren't doing it for the perks and flashy rewards, they do it because they enjoy playing.

Comment

One more chance to travel and strap it up. D2 players aren't doing it for the perks and flashy rewards, they do it because they enjoy playing.
              So then let everyone play again, send out trophies and blue ribbons to everyone, not only to those who were almost good enough.

Comment

So then let everyone play again, send out trophies and blue ribbons to everyone, not only to those who were almost good enough.
                I'll propose the idea, gonna start working on a letter now. Thanks

Comment

I think a full extra month of practicing 6 days a week for the program should outweigh the opinion that it's a participation trophy. The tangible benefit to that is pretty large when you are spending that time preparing underclassmen to take over duties next season. Private organizations that run bowl games do it because they think they can make money, they are interested in profit and not providing consolidation prizes.
                  Sometimes valuable life lessons are learned in sports. Lessons like not being good enough sometimes is going to happen, even when you give it your all, you don't always get rewarded. There are far too many bowl games in FBS as well but that's an entirely different conversation. There is a playoff system for the teams who did what is needed to continue playing, D2 bowl games are a joke in my opinion.

Comment

I'll propose the idea, gonna start working on a letter now. Thanks
                    Let me know if you need me to proofread it. Heck, let's go big and everyone gets 2 bowl games now and make sure the fruit snacks are name brand, none of that knock-off crap.

Comment

Sometimes valuable life lessons are learned in sports. Lessons like not being good enough sometimes is going to happen, even when you give it your all, you don't always get rewarded. There are far too many bowl games in FBS as well but that's an entirely different conversation. There is a playoff system for the teams who did what is needed to continue playing, D2 bowl games are a joke in my opinion.
                      I guess time will tell. I will say this, Carthiel accepted bowl bids every year he got one and we know where that ended up. We will see in 3 or 4 years where the "no consolation prize" geniuses take the programs.

Comment

I guess time will tell. I will say this, Carthiel accepted bowl bids every year he got one and we know where that ended up. We will see in 3 or 4 years where the "no consolation prize" geniuses take the programs.
                        Daddy Carthel did also and WT fans typically travelled well

Comment

And Pueblo never even got invited to one and we know where that ended up. Not a great argument really but alright, onward with the sissification of society!

Comment

And Pueblo never even got invited to one and we know where that ended up. Not a great argument really but alright, onward with the sissification of society!
                            Its sunday be nice!
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I like the "bowl games are for sissies" argument. Totally trumps "an extra month of practice would really benefit the program" argument. You win!

Comment

• If we had lost last night, Commerce probably would have declined a bowl invite.
                                Last edited by LionFan; 11-17-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X