Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post

If you watched the selection show, there were no seeds shown on any of the 5-7 teams. They were placed based on location, not number of seed.
    Yeah, 5-7 are no longer seeded per say, and no longer set in a certain region. Should be a fun postseason.

Comment

• In terms of the bowl games, I think can be great if it's the right scenario. If you are WT and you've had a much improved season and want to give those kids who helped build towards something bigger a pat on the back, it's a great thing to go to. It's also a great sign to your fan base that you're headed in the right direction. You've taken the next step.

If you're Commerce and you've been in the playoffs 4 (now 5) straight years, a bowl game sucks. I remember the first year we went to one, it was awesome. We were finally out of the grave, so to speak. We had arrived finally. Now if we missed the playoffs and got a bowl game, it'd be really hard to get amped at all for that. I'd rather have our brand new coaching staff get started on their first full recruiting cycle together.

Perspective is everything.

Bowls definitely have their place, but it's not for all teams.

Comment

If you watched the selection show, there were no seeds shown on any of the 5-7 teams. They were placed based on location, not number of seed.
        With the committee favoring 11 d2 games.....I'm willing to bet the teams were ranked just how they look now.

If Angelo wins yesterday they are 9-2 they are in, so why would commerce with 7 wins in 10 games be in over any other 8 win in 11 games team?
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• if the ncaa d2 cannot come up with a way for all teams to play the same number of games then they should not favor one over the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Shouldn't the teams that don't almost qualify for the playoffs get extra practice? If this is the goal is, to have more practice time, then let's give the teams that clearly need it more time to improve. This argument makes no sense. You shouldn't get rewarded in life for being almost good enough.
            8 or 10 teams in d2 get the opportunity. But yeah, participation ribbons suck! I'm sure you are very manly.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

8 or 10 teams in d2 get the opportunity. But yeah, participation ribbons suck! I'm sure you are very manly.
              Plenty of teams (28) get the opportunity to play in the playoffs though, do they not? If you want a consolation prize then be my guest, send me your address and CapriSuns are on me.

Comment

Nah I'm good
                Best post of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Plenty of teams (28) get the opportunity to play in the playoffs though, do they not? If you want a consolation prize then be my guest, send me your address and CapriSuns are on me.
                  Hahahaha

Comment

• bowl game, no bowl game......I couldn't care less.

H3ll, I only watch two FBS bowl games a year (MAYBE) and the Natty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

The committee just showed them 11 games>10
                      Can you explain this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Can you explain this?
                        When looking at the past years rankings, the committee has regularly valued an 11 game d2 schedule over a 10 or 9 game schedule. Some if it has to do with the way the math works out, Win% etc, but at 9-0 Tarletons win % is just as good as Mines and Minn ST.

I believe also in Witwicki's interview of a member of the committee a couple years ago they expressed as such that playing 11 d2 games mattered to them.

Comment

When looking at the past years rankings, the committee has regularly valued an 11 game d2 schedule over a 10 or 9 game schedule. Some if it has to do with the way the math works out, Win% etc, but at 9-0 Tarletons win % is just as good as Mines and Minn ST.

I believe also in Witwicki's interview of a member of the committee a couple years ago they expressed as such that playing 11 d2 games mattered to them.

Comment

• It's not a criteria.....just like WHO you lose to, or by how much...

Due to the differences between how each conference schedules and the opportunity for 11 in region d2 games being limited it's not that simple. If every team could schedule 11 d2 in region games then that would be a valid stance as it is, it's not.

The LSC has 3 ooc needs every year per team. the RMAC has 1, GNAC has 3 per team.

that is nearly 50 games worth among 23 teams, somebody is getting shorted even if the Rmac and GNAC scheduled only LSC teams for OOC games.

Once each of the RMAC teams fills their one game that eliminates 11 teams but still leaves 2 teams from either the LSC or GNAC with all their OOC openings.

When it's all set and done there will be at least 4 teams having to go out of region to try to fill 8 of their ooc slots.....

9-0=10-0=11-0=1.00 win %

but the committee doesn't judge it that way, they go 11>10>9.

The ooc problem is only going to get worse as well as Dixie is leaving as is Tarleton.

LSC will now have 4 games each to fill x8
                            RMAC will now have 2 games each to fill x10
                            GNAC will have 3 each among 4 teams.

62 schedule openings among 22 teams....

Comment

It's not a criteria.....just like WHO you lose to, or by how much...

Due to the differences between how each conference schedules and the opportunity for 11 in region d2 games being limited it's not that simple. If every team could schedule 11 d2 in region games then that would be a valid stance as it is, it's not.

The LSC has 3 ooc needs every year per team. the RMAC has 1, GNAC has 3 per team.

that is nearly 50 games worth among 23 teams, somebody is getting shorted even if the Rmac and GNAC scheduled only LSC teams for OOC games.

Once each of the RMAC teams fills their one game that eliminates 11 teams but still leaves 2 teams from either the LSC or GNAC with all their OOC openings.

When it's all set and done there will be at least 4 teams having to go out of region to try to fill 8 of their ooc slots.....

9-0=10-0=11-0=1.00 win %

but the committee doesn't judge it that way, they go 11>10>9.

The ooc problem is only going to get worse as well as Dixie is leaving as is Tarleton.

LSC will now have 4 games each to fill x8
                              RMAC will now have 2 games each to fill x10
                              GNAC will have 3 each among 4 teams.

62 schedule openings among 22 teams....
                              It's still early for me, but doesn't the GNAC have 5 OOC games to fill each year? There are 4 teams in the GNAC and they play a home and home in conference, so that is 6 games (3 X 2); which leaves 5 games to get to 11.

OR-

Are you already including the GNAC-LSC scheduling thing where the each LSC team plays two GNAC schools each year?

Comment

• Originally posted by texcap View Post
                                It's still early for me, but doesn't the GNAC have 5 OOC games to fill each year? There are 4 teams in the GNAC and they play a home and home in conference, so that is 6 games (3 X 2); which leaves 5 games to get to 11.

OR-

Are you already including the GNAC-LSC scheduling thing where the each LSC team plays two GNAC schools each year?
                                No your right, I miscounted, the point still stands there are not enough games to go around. So the NSIC can be assured of 2 spots with regularity and a significant leg up to get 3 in....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X