Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

It's not a criteria.....just like WHO you lose to, or by how much...

Due to the differences between how each conference schedules and the opportunity for 11 in region d2 games being limited it's not that simple. If every team could schedule 11 d2 in region games then that would be a valid stance as it is, it's not.

The LSC has 3 ooc needs every year per team. the RMAC has 1, GNAC has 3 per team.

that is nearly 50 games worth among 23 teams, somebody is getting shorted even if the Rmac and GNAC scheduled only LSC teams for OOC games.

Once each of the RMAC teams fills their one game that eliminates 11 teams but still leaves 2 teams from either the LSC or GNAC with all their OOC openings.

When it's all set and done there will be at least 4 teams having to go out of region to try to fill 8 of their ooc slots.....

9-0=10-0=11-0=1.00 win %

but the committee doesn't judge it that way, they go 11>10>9.

The ooc problem is only going to get worse as well as Dixie is leaving as is Tarleton.

LSC will now have 4 games each to fill x8
    RMAC will now have 2 games each to fill x10
    GNAC will have 3 each among 4 teams.

62 schedule openings among 22 teams....

Comment

It's not a criteria.....just like WHO you lose to, or by how much...

Due to the differences between how each conference schedules and the opportunity for 11 in region d2 games being limited it's not that simple. If every team could schedule 11 d2 in region games then that would be a valid stance as it is, it's not.

The LSC has 3 ooc needs every year per team. the RMAC has 1, GNAC has 3 per team.

that is nearly 50 games worth among 23 teams, somebody is getting shorted even if the Rmac and GNAC scheduled only LSC teams for OOC games.

Once each of the RMAC teams fills their one game that eliminates 11 teams but still leaves 2 teams from either the LSC or GNAC with all their OOC openings.

When it's all set and done there will be at least 4 teams having to go out of region to try to fill 8 of their ooc slots.....

9-0=10-0=11-0=1.00 win %

but the committee doesn't judge it that way, they go 11>10>9.

The ooc problem is only going to get worse as well as Dixie is leaving as is Tarleton.

LSC will now have 4 games each to fill x8
      RMAC will now have 2 games each to fill x10
      GNAC will have 3 each among 4 teams.

62 schedule openings among 22 teams....
      Pueblo has scheduled Grand Valley, Commerce and also Kingsville (for one year) so their OOC is taken care of the next 4 years. Mines has also gone out of region and scheduled Grand Valley. If you have the budget and are willing to play then it's possible to find games. You just have to think ahead and not be scared to go play big time programs. I think Pueblo has done the best job of anyone in D2 the last several years in challenging themselves and finding great OOC games.

Comment

• Even though I disagreed with Boohaha in the other thread regarding travel conspiracies and application of the criteria, I believe he is dead on with the ridiculousness of some criteria, especially the in-region component.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Pueblo has scheduled Grand Valley, Commerce and also Kingsville (for one year) so their OOC is taken care of the next 4 years. Mines has also gone out of region and scheduled Grand Valley. If you have the budget and are willing to play then it's possible to find games. You just have to think ahead and not be scared to go play big time programs. I think Pueblo has done the best job of anyone in D2 the last several years in challenging themselves and finding great OOC games.
          It's also a great way, for programs with real championship aspirations and effort, to judge themselves against the best every year. It's much better to do it this way and get a feel for multiple teams from multiple areas of the country rather than be able to dismiss a close loss to an eventual national champion as actually being at that level.

Comment

• Next season, the NSIC will make up almost 3/7 of SR4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The Budget i the big issue for some schools, Eastern has done better in recent past of scheduling 11 d2 games, they have had to go out of region for at least 1 of them each year now for the past 2 years. With Dixie and Tarleton leaving I would hope our AD was hit on the line to Highlands secure them. In region game, in state rival, easy travel.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                Next season, the NSIC will make up almost 3/7 of SR4.
                Time to swap the LSC and GAC in SR4? 8 teams for 12?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Time to swap the LSC and GAC in SR4? 8 teams for 12?
                  It makes 0 sense that the nsic, rmac, and Lsc are in a region together....
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

The Budget i the big issue for some schools, Eastern has done better in recent past of scheduling 11 d2 games, they have had to go out of region for at least 1 of them each year now for the past 2 years. With Dixie and Tarleton leaving I would hope our AD was hit on the line to Highlands secure them. In region game, in state rival, easy travel.
                    Seems like a long overdue OOC game to schedule. Could be annual to build the rivalry and takes care of scheduling/travel concerns for both schools.

Comment

It makes 0 sense that the nsic, rmac, and Lsc are in a region together....

Comment

• It's hard to make the regions more geographical without the numbers getting way off balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Seems like a long overdue OOC game to schedule. Could be annual to build the rivalry and takes care of scheduling/travel concerns for both schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X