Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great year in BBall for WT and a good year for basketball in the West Texas Region. I know this is not the the right thread but there is also some serious track and field going on at WT and other programs in the region. Texas Relay Resulys for LSC were strong.

Comment

Originally posted by texas observer View Post
      A great year in BBall for WT and a good year for basketball in the West Texas Region. I know this is not the the right thread but there is also some serious track and field going on at WT and other programs in the region. Texas Relay Resulys for LSC were strong.
      Commerce had 2 individual winners in the Texas Relays in high jump and steeplechase. Both were freshmen.

Comment

Just read that the Buffs Jojo Murray has entered the transfer portal. Big loss for the Buffs especially when they would have a good shot at reaching Elite 8 again next season. But Tom Brown is a good coach & recruiter so hopefully he will find a good replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
          Just read that the Buffs Jojo Murray has entered the transfer portal. Big loss for the Buffs especially when they would have a good shot at reaching Elite 8 again next season. But Tom Brown is a good coach & recruiter so hopefully he will find a good replacement.
          I guess I need to do some research on the transfer portal. I am assuming Murray wants to transfer to a D1 school and hope to experience the big dance?

To me this seems like a free agency thing (or DFA in baseball) which I hate in college athletics. I am sure someone will correct me if its not that way. In the old days if you transferred you had to sit out a year. I guess I am still old school and a little salty. Texas A&M-Corpus had a star point guard that got injured and missed a season. When he got back to healthy he decided to enter the portal and transfer to Oregon. Really shot their chances that year of competing.

Comment

Anyone hear where JoJo thinks he may go? May not be as great as he thinks going to D1 to make the big Dance. See how it plays out. He reminds me a bit of Mo Cheeks when I was at WT.
            Seriously hoping WT makes the move to the WAC. WT would of definitely won the WAC this year, I have watched Grand Canyon on local TV in Phoenix , avg team at best.

Comment

Most of the bigger D1's have pretty robust scouting approaches for not just the transfer portal for D1 to D1 but some good results for D2-D3 basketball to D1. Same in football for FCS and D2 not just grad transfers. The covid year will be crazy because of extra year of eligibility. Should be a really intersting roster watch this summer. Lots of talent with nowhere to go.

Comment

Qua Grant is leaving now also..... can someone help me understand this. 1 win away from a National Championship.... almost the entire team returning and you decide to abandon the team.

Comment

Wth is going on in Canyon???

Comment

Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post
                    Wth is going on in Canyon???
                    Maybe they miss the cheerleaders. ;)

Comment

• Wonder if NW Missouri is having the same exodus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                        Wonder if NW Missouri is having the same exodus?
                        Tom Brown might be leaving is another possibility for them to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Maybe they miss the cheerleaders. ;)
                          Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post

Tom Brown might be leaving is another possibility for them to leave.
                            Take over as Tech head coach? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                              Qua Grant is leaving now also..... can someone help me understand this. 1 win away from a National Championship.... almost the entire team returning and you decide to abandon the team.
                              Yes what the heck is going on . Grant and Jo Jo leaving WT. Wheres the loyalty. Something definitely is going on. How bout reporters ask some tough questions on this.

Comment

• Did you know that as of today there are 1400 college BB players in the transfer portal ?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X