Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WT Men's BB

Watched WT men play Friday & Saturday. Wow! There's no drop off from last year. Fast, quick guards who can penetrate and/or shoot from outside. John Brown gives some size in the middle. It's early but the Buffs are going to be very good and definitely fun to watch.

I was there for both games also. The competition level was not very high which accounts for the scoring.
    That being said. Wt will shoot the ball very well and we are very quick.
    Don't think we will play anyone that has the team quickness and speed than we do.
    We are undersized, however, there are a couple of players who can really jump.

Will be fun to watch
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I say this pretty much every year but I think this may be the best Buffs team yet. I am a giant Buff BBall supporter and this team is just as quick and as athletic as any team we have seen in the Tom Brown Era but they have a one major thing different this year. Size! That seems to be what has blocked WT in recent years is the lack of rotational size deep in the playoffs. The year WT made the final four we not only had Ryan Quaid but we also had Gaige Prim. They were able to match up with the best of them and rotate to keep from getting worn down. This year they have four players 6'6 or taller plus the outstanding guard play we are used to. Last year they had one player over 6'6 and Quaid could only do so much. I am excited to see how deep this team can go.

Comment

They are very good and only 2 seniors!

Comment

If there is a better 2 guard tandem in ALL of D2 than Qua Grant and Joel Murray, I"ll eat my Buff cap.

Comment

remember back with folk were bemoaning the previous coach's departure? all mad at the athletic director and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
              remember back with folk were bemoaning the previous coach's departure? all mad at the athletic director and stuff.
              I don't remember that at all. I think the biggest problem was the way he did it. Everyone I know thinks he should have left when Tyler graduated.

Don't get me wrong! I like Rick and his family. I think he was beyond his prime and burned out. He was doing no recruiting. All the players were being signed in June and July before school started. Basically, the left overs of the left overs!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                If there is a better 2 guard tandem in ALL of D2 than Qua Grant and Joel Murray, I"ll eat my Buff cap.
                Both of them being in the top 100 small college players is quite an accomplishment! It's all in the recruiting!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

I don't remember that at all. I think the biggest problem was the way he did it. Everyone I know thinks he should have left when Tyler graduated.

Don't get me wrong! I like Rick and his family. I think he was beyond his prime and burned out. He was doing no recruiting. All the players were being signed in June and July before school started. Basically, the left overs of the left overs!
                  In retrospect, Tyler's graduation would have been a good time. I think it's the in-season timing that bothered most backers.

Comment

Comment

It appears to me that both teams are in a position to make a deep run. The men may bring home an NC. I would think the women would be an elite eight team.
                      Wt could host both regional's again, that would be fun. A lot of basketball left to play

Comment

I don't want to jinx it but I think you are on to something. I would like to see WT play some of the teams from the other "Pods" to see where we really stack up before I start saying things like NC. But the Buffs definitely look like the team to beat in the region.

Comment

Tough, ugly win vs LCU last night. Qua never could get going. Mosley had a career night which really helped.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                            Tough, ugly win vs LCU last night. Qua never could get going. Mosley had a career night which really helped.
                            I'm not one to usually complain but that refereeing job was horse****. Absolute horse****

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I'm not one to usually complain but that refereeing job was horse****. Absolute horse****
                              You're being way too kind . . .

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X