Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I'm not one to usually complain but that refereeing job was horse****. Absolute horse****
    Caught the game last night, I try to watch as many as I can to support that staff. Just love the way they played through the difficult calls and composure they kept. That team you have is tough and gritty. Its more than just Qua and JoJo as they showed that last night. If they can get a little more out of John Brown they could be such a tough out in the regional and beyond. The back court is where you have your stars but other kids like Giddis, JT, Collins. Mosley, Zach all play the role they have so well. Its a fun team to watch. I am biased because i love that staff but last night that 3 from JoJo to seal it was such a good job of the coaches getting the team to be patient, wait for the switch to occur to get Qua a match up where they had to help which opened up the 3 point shot. It is so simple yet so many coaches cannot do the simple things at the end of a game to win. Go Buffs!

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
      Tough, ugly win vs LCU last night. Qua never could get going. Mosley had a career night which really helped.
      It was incredibly tough, as usual, to play down there. The stats say WT had 1 block & LCU had 7 - guess you might record it that way, but in reality LCU had 2 blocks & 5 muggings (just ask Qua). No where else could 3 players all make physical body contact while moving with a shooter & not be called for a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

It was incredibly tough, as usual, to play down there. The stats say WT had 1 block & LCU had 7 - guess you might record it that way, but in reality LCU had 2 blocks & 5 muggings (just ask Qua). No where else could 3 players all make physical body contact while moving with a shooter & not be called for a foul.
        Not to mention all the bogus charge calls. The one where Murray caught the inbound pass and turned while being mugged was mind boggling

Comment

I was thinking the officials at LCU were bad, then I watched the ASU game. I hope Tom sends a copy of the game film to the league office.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Good win for the Buffs last night. Derrick Geddis had his best game of the year. Hate to see Zach Toussant hurt? Anyone know how long he will be out?

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
              Good win for the Buffs last night. Derrick Geddis had his best game of the year. Hate to see Zach Toussant hurt? Anyone know how long he will be out?
              A week or so. Injured hand.

Comment

Since this seems to be the only thread about South Central Region men's basketball, I'll post my regional ranking prediction here (first posted under "Regional ranking predictions" in the basketball General Discussion forum):
                1. West Texas A&M (22-1)
                2. St. Edward's (19-2)
                3. Dixie State (21-4)
                4. Black Hills State (17-6)
                5. Angelo State (15-6)
                6. Texas A&M Kingsville (17-6)
                7. Colorado Mines (18-8)
                8. Dallas Baptist (14-7)
                9. Lubbock Christian (12-8)
                10. Colorado Mesa (13-9)
                There's a lot of separation in my weighted average of the numerical criteria. The top four teams each have a significant gap between them and the next team in line. Angelo State and Texas A&M Kingsville are virtually tied, with the deciding factor here being that ASU is 2-4 against the rest of the top 10 with a sweep of Lubbock Christian whereas TAMUK is 0-4. The Javelinas have ample opportunity to improve that mark, however, with games against ASU, LSU, and Dallas Baptist approaching.

I admit Colorado Mesa is an uninspiring choice for the #10 spot, being 0-6 against teams ahead of them. The other options were Tarleton State (1-7 with a split with DBU) and South Dakota Mines (1-3 with a win over Colorado Mines, plus head-to-head over Colorado Mesa), but neither seemed impressive enough to offset the difference in the numerical criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                  Since this seems to be the only thread about South Central Region men's basketball, I'll post my regional ranking prediction here (first posted under "Regional ranking predictions" in the basketball General Discussion forum):
                  1. West Texas A&M (22-1)
                  2. St. Edward's (19-2)
                  3. Dixie State (21-4)
                  5. Angelo State (15-6)
                  7. Colorado Mines (18-8)
                  8. Dallas Baptist (14-7)
                  10. Colorado Mesa (13-9)
                  There's a lot of separation in my weighted average of the numerical criteria. The top four teams each have a significant gap between them and the next team in line. Angelo State and Texas A&M Kingsville are virtually tied, with the deciding factor here being that ASU is 2-4 against the rest of the top 10 with a sweep of Lubbock Christian whereas TAMUK is 0-4. The Javelinas have ample opportunity to improve that mark, however, with games against ASU, LSU, and Dallas Baptist approaching.

I admit Colorado Mesa is an uninspiring choice for the #10 spot, being 0-6 against teams ahead of them. The other options were Tarleton State (1-7 with a split with DBU) and South Dakota Mines (1-3 with a win over Colorado Mines, plus head-to-head over Colorado Mesa), but neither seemed impressive enough to offset the difference in the numerical criteria.
                  Any chance you could "run the numbers" on the Women??

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Any chance you could "run the numbers" on the Women??
                    I've considered doing that, but it would take some time to collect all of the game results and plug them into my spreadsheet.

Comment

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2020/2/18...-the-week.aspx

The National Association of Basketball Coaches named the WTAMU Buffaloes as the national team of the week!!

Way to go Buffs!

Comment

I've considered doing that, but it would take some time to collect all of the game results and plug them into my spreadsheet.
                        If I understand, everything is "by the numbers." No human input.

Comment

If I understand, everything is "by the numbers." No human input.
                          The actual one was released today. Commerce 1, LCU 2, WT3, Tarleton 5, Angelo 8, ENMU 9.

Comment

1. West Texas A&M (22-1)
                            2. St. Edward's (19-2)
                            3. Dixie State (21-4)
                            5. Angelo State (15-6)
                            7. Colorado Mines (18-8)
                            8. Dallas Baptist (14-7)
                            10. Colorado Mesa (13-9)

Rank School DII Overall In-Region
                            1 West Texas A&M 22-1 20-1
                            2 St. Edward's 19-2 19-2
                            3 Dixie State 21-4 20-4
                            4 Black Hills State 17-6 17-6
                            5 Texas A&M-Kingsville 17-6 17-4
                            6 Angelo State 15-6 13-6
                            7 Colorado School of Mines 18-8 18-8
                            8 Dallas Baptist 14-7 14-7
                            9 Lubbock Christian 12-8 12-8
                            10 Westminster 15-9 15-8
                            Rank School DII Overall In-Region
                            1 Texas A&M-Commerce 24-0 24-0
                            2 Lubbock Christian 21-3 21-3
                            3 West Texas A&M 21-5 20-3
                            4 Colorado Mesa 19-4 19-4
                            5 Tarleton 17-5 16-5
                            6 Western Colorado 15-6 15-6
                            7 Westminster 19-6 19-6
                            8 Angelo State 12-8 12-8
                            9 Eastern New Mexico 15-7 15-7
                            10 Colorado School of Mines 18-6 18-6
                            Last edited by AmaKnight; 02-19-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Watching Wt v. UT Tyler. Wt just had had 6 fouls called on them in 20 seconds. Got love the road officials.

Comment

Watching Wt v. UT Tyler. Wt just had had 6 fouls called on them in 20 seconds. Got love the road officials.
                                Same 3 officials we had in the game last Thursday night against Tarleton.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X