Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look at this WT Team now and think how would they be if Gage Prim would have stayed. I do believe they are darn good. But they are so young with limited bigs. This combination scares me against teams like St. Edwards but being able to host the regional tournament gives me more hope we can pull off that game with the home court advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
      I look at this WT Team now and think how would they be if Gage Prim would have stayed. I do believe they are darn good. But they are so young with limited bigs. This combination scares me against teams like St. Edwards but being able to host the regional tournament gives me more hope we can pull off that game with the home court advantage.
      Personally I wish Brown would go deeper in his bench. Blankley is a stud in the making, and Booker has shown some athleticism. I understand wanting to keep a redshirt, but both of them can add much needed size to the rotation.

?????Cut back on Collins minutes, all he does is jack up long 3's at the most inopportune time and commit fouls.

Comment

A good win over Commerce. These guys are good.
        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Personally I wish Brown would go deeper in his bench. Blankley is a stud in the making, and Booker has shown some athleticism. I understand wanting to keep a redshirt, but both of them can add much needed size to the rotation.

?????Cut back on Collins minutes, all he does is jack up long 3's at the most inopportune time and commit fouls.
          I'm not sure I understand your comment about the "redshirt." Haven't both of these players already given up their redshirt?

Also, evidently the coach doesn't have a problem with the way Collins is playing. If he did, I think he would probably keep his butt on the bench.

Comment

If you listen to Coach Brown's interviews Collins is there to do just exactly what he is doing. His defense has improved greatly this year, but not for full time play. He is there to shoot 3's because he is good at the range, his release is extremely fast & his arc is so high that make it nearly impossible to be blocked. He goes out there to shoot with the Coaches (3 of them) blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post

I'm not sure I understand your comment about the "redshirt." Haven't both of these players already given up their redshirt?

Also, evidently the coach doesn't have a problem with the way Collins is playing. If he did, I think he would probably keep his butt on the bench.
              They may have, I don't know the basketball redshirt rules. I assumed as little as they have played, they would be able to keep their redshirt. It may not be as advantageous to the athlete like football is now.

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

If you listen to Coach Brown's interviews Collins is there to do just exactly what he is doing. His defense has improved greatly this year, but not for full time play. He is there to shoot 3's because he is good at the range, his release is extremely fast & his arc is so high that make it nearly impossible to be blocked. He goes out there to shoot with the Coaches (3 of them) blessings.
                Don't get me wrong, he is a good player. But my opinion is that he isn't shooting as well as he has the last couple of years and takes horrible shots that don't even hit rim. I'm not a coach and obviously they don't agree with what I'm saying. Just my opinion I'm entitled to have haha

Comment

The last two days have been great for the Lone Star Conference: the four regionally ranked RMAC teams combined to go 0-6 against unranked teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                    The last two days have been great for the Lone Star Conference: the four regionally ranked RMAC teams combined to go 0-6 against unranked teams.
                    WOW!

Comment

They may have, I don't know the basketball redshirt rules. I assumed as little as they have played, they would be able to keep their redshirt. It may not be as advantageous to the athlete like football is now.
                      I think the cutoff for a medical redshirt is around 5 games. A non-medical RS is zero games. It's not like the new RS riles for D1.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I think the cutoff for a medical redshirt is around 5 games. A non-medical RS is zero games. It's not like the new RS riles for D1.
                        It may have changed recently, but a few years ago they had to play in less than 25% of the games to be eligible for a medical redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUTexans View Post
                          It may have changed recently, but a few years ago they had to play in less than 25% of the games to be eligible for a medical redshirt.
                          That sounds right.

Comment

Collins range is beyond anyone on the team he stretches the floor and allows Joe Joe and Grant to drive without help defense. When it comes to Blankley and Booker I do think they already burned their red-shirts, i maybe wrong . Height is one thing Size is another. Those players have the inches but not the strength I believe they will be there next year.

Comment

Collins range is beyond anyone on the team he stretches the floor and allows Joe Joe and Grant to drive without help defense. When it comes to Blankley and Booker I do think they already burned their red-shirts, i maybe wrong . Height is one thing Size is another. Those players have the inches but not the strength I believe they will be there next year.
                              I may be wrong but I don't remember Tom ever redshirting anyone, except for medical reasons.

Comment

Maybe I'm not watching the same Collins as everyone else. To me his range and shot is not that great this year, especially compared to prior years.

??????IMO, which isn't worth anything, Blankley definitely is ready now. He can jump through the roof and has blocked shots no one else on the team can that I've seen. He also was shooting 50% from 3 the last I saw.
                                Last edited by Buff Fan 05; 02-26-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X