Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Don't let the door hit 'em in their ungrateful, disloyal, selfish asses.

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
      I wish them well also. But the new immediate transfer rules are turning D2 into a farm system for D1.
      D2 is the equivalent of double AA baseball in this new setup. D1 mid majors are getting hosed by this too. The Creighton's of the mid major world are having players enter the transfer portal to get picked up by the power 5 schools in hopes of starting.

It wasn't too long ago that players were going the other direction and taking advantage of the ability to play immediately moving down from D1 to D2 when they weren't good enough to play.

I personally hate it as well. Its difficult to build a program with this in place unless you can convince players to stay like NW Missouri has been able to do.

Comment

I agree. 100%. It's time.
        I have resisted it until the end but its time as well. The real question is how the LSC is going to look once the Southland reaches out and starts poaching schools away. If only one or two schools max leave then the LSC can possibly stay competitive by poaching a UCO or CSUP. If its a mass exodus and WT is left with the LSC filling the spots with D3 schools or WT has to join the RAMC, GAC, or GNAC then its game over.

There are several sports out there besides football that WT can get national exposure at the D1 level and may stop this transfer stuff once WT is there. WAC or bust in my opinion.

Comment

• .No. I created my career.

They had a great job playing for a NC. Screw 'em. I stand by my comment.

I still haven't forgiven the Japs for Pearl Harbor.

Comment

• Read a article that WT is torn on going to d1 because they do not want be the reason the LSC implodes.Matt Brown wrote the article and said his source for this information was from senior leadership at WT.Brown thought it could be from loyalty to the LSC or political reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post
              Read a article that WT is torn on going to d1 because they do not want be the reason the LSC implodes.Matt Brown wrote the article and said his source for this information was from senior leadership at WT.Brown thought it could be from loyalty to the LSC or political reasons.
              Silly me. I thought the senior leadership should have WT's interests as their first priority. CISD, LSC, tiny towns, political alliances and any other entities should be at the bottom of the list, not the top.

That being said, if you like having a losing football team, let's move on up! We might be able to win more than 3 games per year after hiring expensive new D1 coaches and 5-7 years of brutal beatings. I'm sure 20-40 more people will come to the home games to see Dixie State, or my usual whipping boys, McNeese State,

Comment

• 1. I doubt WT is making decisions based on anyone except WT.

2. Other than technically

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Silly me. I thought the senior leadership should have WT's interests as their first priority. CISD, LSC, tiny towns, political alliances and any other entities should be at the bottom of the list, not the top.

That being said, if you like having a losing football team, let's move on up! We might be able to win more than 3 games per year after hiring expensive new D1 coaches and 5-7 years of brutal beatings. I'm sure 20-40 more people will come to the home games to see Dixie State, or my usual whipping boys, McNeese State,
                  Brutal beatings? Drama Much? LOL. They would be going to the WAC not the SEC. Now that being said if they do make the jump I would expect for them to be able to fund the full 63 scholarships. If they do go FCS its go big or go home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                    1. I doubt WT is making decisions based on anyone except WT.

2. Other than technically
                    1. I doubt WT is making decisions based on anyone except WT.

Except the mother ship at college station may influence WT to make that jump whether McBroom and Wendler are for or against.

2. Other than technicallyThe top half of the LSC would be competitive right away in most sports especially with SFA, SHSU, and ACU leaving. Makes it easier to get the basketball and baseball teams on the TV for some air time during the playoffs. ACU already had the benefit of that and scoring the Texas upset during march madness.It would be less of a factor if WT was already at D1. Their top 2 mens basketball players left the team for that reason. If WT went D1 next year it would be several years before they had basketball talent thinking about entering the transfer portal to try to get on at power 5 schools. If the transfer portal exists by then in its current format.

Comment

.No. I created my career.

They had a great job playing for a NC. Screw 'em. I stand by my comment.

I still haven't forgiven the Japs for Pearl Harbor.
                      West Texas A&M should be proud to have you representing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

West Texas A&M should be proud to have you representing them.
                        Your snarky condensation did not go unnoticed.

OMG! Chip made an inappropriate comment!!! He used the word "Japs" instead of Japanese. Off with his head! To the gallows forthwith.

Chip arrested and sent to diversity PC reeducation camp. Chairman Joe and Vice Chair Kamala presiding. Forced to listen to Maxine Water tirades at 90 db for two weeks will be his punishment. That'll do it.

WT and Minnesota State would then be proud of him, Purple Mav. As Chip toes the Frisco Bay line and genuflects to every episode of Reliable Sources, he will always remember the time Purple Man nudged him to engage his softer, more feminine, and socially acceptable side.

He will have forgotten what the Japs did on Dec 7, 1941. Hallelujah, hallelujah! Praise be heaped upon Comrade Purple Mav Man for he hath saved another lost PC sinner in deepest Texas.
                        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-18-2021, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Brutal beatings? Drama Much? LOL. They would be going to the WAC not the SEC. Now that being said if they do make the jump I would expect for them to be able to fund the full 63 scholarships. If they do go FCS its go big or go home.
                          WT lost to a below average D1 team last fall, 34-6. The last time we played Tarleton we were down 51-0 at the half. I consider both of those brutal beatings.

Here's Tarleton's fall schedule. We could probably beat the 3 D2 teams on the schedule, but likely none of the D1 teams. 3-8. I don't like the idea of playing teams in lower divisions, but we are also doing that with 2 games against NAIA teams in the fall. The D1 teams on this schedule are yawners, they will not increase attendance.

https://tarletonsports.com/sports/fo.../schedule/2021

ACU is well under .500 since moving to D1 in 2013. Take a look at their records. 1-5 last year, including a loss to Angelo. Yawn.

https://acusports.com/sports/football/schedule/2020

Does anyone think Hughes can coach at the D1 level? So far the best we have done is 4th in the LSC under him. I like him, but I don't see him winning in D1.

Basketball is another story. WT could likely benefit from a move up, but I don't care about basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

WT lost to a below average D1 team last fall, 34-6. The last time we played Tarleton we were down 51-0 at the half. I consider both of those brutal beatings.

Here's Tarleton's fall schedule. We could probably beat the 3 D2 teams on the schedule, but likely none of the D1 teams. 3-8. I don't like the idea of playing teams in lower divisions, but we are also doing that with 2 games against NAIA teams in the fall. The D1 teams on this schedule are yawners, they will not increase attendance.

https://tarletonsports.com/sports/fo.../schedule/2021

ACU is well under .500 since moving to D1 in 2013. Take a look at their records. 1-5 last year, including a loss to Angelo. Yawn.

https://acusports.com/sports/football/schedule/2020

Does anyone think Hughes can coach at the D1 level? So far the best we have done is 4th in the LSC under him. I like him, but I don't see him winning in D1.

Basketball is another story. WT could likely benefit from a move up, but I don't care about basketball.

Comment

• They're easy enough to watch if you've got $10 and an internet connection.

Comment

• presspasssports.com has a good story by former Amarillo-Globe News sports editor Kale Steed about the 45-42 spring game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X